You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's team

Captain

Do you know how often Chelsea rotated their defence last season Emlyn? It was a fair bit mate. Rotation is fine if you pick the right players and keep your core strong.

Fair point i suppose, just looking for something to blame today on, reckon i'll hit the beer early tonight and go into forget mode, Christ knows i'm going to have enough to contend with Monday

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point i suppose, just looking for something to blame today on, reckon i'll hit the beer early tonight and go into forget mode, Christ knows i'm going to have enough to contend with Monday

I don't know many Blues so I'm alright. Fucking shower of twats. One of my Blue mates just phoned me up, reckons we were battered. I told him to behave. I said is battered having 21 chances or 4? We were shite but they were shite too. They've got a lot of false confidence as I still think they're shite, just not as shite and it'll all come crashing down around them, it always does with that shower.

I meet absolutely no blues in my work unless I'm training with the lads from over at Hooton. It's ace because it means losing to them bothers me very little compared to when I lived in the city.

The lads who stay late are usually Reds, I don't know any of the Blues there so I've got fuck all to worry about. Paul and John are both Reds, they usually stay late, I don't know if Scott supports anybody, he doesn't seem the footballing kind and there's a Welsh lad with red hair (think he might be called John) supports Cardiff.

I'm just sick to death of all this rotation shite.Play your best 11 at all times and you might, just might put together a decent title challenge.....Sorry to sound so negative but this defeat stings like a bastard and without being a kneejerker i honestly think if we don't sort ourselves VERY quickly, then yet another titleless season beckons.

There's nothing wrong with rotation as long as it, as with everything in life, isn't exhausted too extensively. Your best 11 week this week is not necessarily your best 11 next week. Different players are better against certain teams, as different teams exhibit different weaknesses.

That team today could have battered them easily. We were unlucky, hit the post twice, had a penalty not given, 2 stupid errors, 2 goals should have been free kicks to us as Osman and Cahill decided to wrestle instead of play football with Finnan and Alonso. Alonso was tapping out for fucks sake and going red when Cahill had him in a choke hold on the floor.

Nothing wrong with the team selection in my eyes, let the bitters have their day in the sun because when we are parading the prem trophy in May this day will be long forgotten.

The amount of shite people seem able to post after such a defeat never seizes to amaze me. Get a fucking grip you bunch of drama queens!

Today simply was one of those days. Nothing went our way today, absolutely nothing. It goes without saying that Chelsea and Man U won their matches, just to add insult to injury.

We were simply woeful in defence today, and I never thought I'd see the day our Spanish manager would be critisized for playing a Scouser in the derby, but there you go. Can you imagine the horror if Djimi had made Carra's blunder? This place would have gone into meltdown.

Sami wasn't impressive either, he stank the place out. Simply put, our defence was a shambles. Even Reina embarrassed himself. At least Pepe can take comfort from the fact that his mistake didn't cost us any points, we were dead and buried by the time he fucked up.

Everton playing five in midfield meant our four would have their work cut out for them. And boy did they. Everton's midfield pressured us high up the pitch and were very aggressive. With one man less in that area, we simply couldn't dominate them.

Up front Crouch were ok, Fowler was better. Robbie is obviously fit now and seems quicker than I've seen him for a long time. Long may it continue. Neither he nor Crouch had any chance of note that I can remember, though.

We had quite a few chances, with Gerrard's two efforts against the posts the ones that stand out. We had some shots from outside the area that went just wide, which is hardly surprising considering nothing went our way today.

It's disappointing not to score, but today's defeat was down to horrendous defending for their first two goals. When you can't even trust a player like Carra to save you, it just isn't going to be your day.

The amount of shite people seem able to post after such a defeat never seizes to amaze me. Get a fucking grip you bunch of drama queens!

Today simply was one of those days. Nothing went our way today, absolutely nothing. It goes without saying that Chelsea and Man U won their matches, just to add insult to injury.

We were simply woeful in defence today, and I never thought I'd see the day our Spanish manager would be critisized for playing a Scouser in the derby, but there you go. Can you imagine the horror if Djimi had made Carra's blunder? This place would have gone into meltdown.

Sami wasn't impressive either, he stank the place out. Simply put, our defence was a shambles. Even Reina embarrassed himself. At least Pepe can take comfort from the fact that his mistake didn't cost us any points, we were dead and buried by the time he fucked up.

Everton playing five in midfield meant our four would have their work cut out for them. And boy did they. Everton's midfield pressured us high up the pitch and were very aggressive. With one man less in that area, we simply couldn't dominate them.

Up front Crouch were ok, Fowler was better. Robbie is obviously fit now and seems quicker than I've seen him for a long time. Long may it continue. Neither he nor Crouch had any chance of note that I can remember, though.

We had quite a few chances, with Gerrard's two efforts against the posts the ones that stand out. We had some shots from outside the area that went just wide, which is hardly surprising considering nothing went our way today.

It's disappointing not to score, but today's defeat was down to horrendous defending for their first two goals. When you can't even trust a player like Carra to save you, it just isn't going to be your day.

The most reasoned post I have seen on here since kick off. Listen to what the man says.

I seriously do not understand how we can go into a game like this without pace. Aurelio and the teams lack of confidence in him is showing - our whole defence was drawn left for the first goal. The second goal was a shambles but started with that twat Cahill holding down Alonso.

Up front we are so slow - this was one game made for Bellamy (I don't know if he is injured). Lets hope we see Kuyt - there just isn't a threat from the strikers right now.

Cant believe it, but I agree with you. How Bellamy was left out today (and Pennant to a certain degree) is beyond me.

Kuyt must start the next game though thats for sure.

We left out Bellamy, Pennant, Kuyt and Gonzales - all at the same time meaning we had zero pace on the pitch and all Everton had to do is hold a high line and then catch our snails. It was bad team selection which did us.

Another point, whats the point in signing all this pace if you're not going to use it against the big teams (and Everton)?

Cant believe it, but I agree with you. How Bellamy was left out today (and Pennant to a certain degree) is beyond me.

Kuyt must start the next game though thats for sure.

I loved the way he was puonding his fists into his hand walking round screaming 'Come On, Come on'. I was really impressed with how fired up he appeared when he came on. To me he was the only showing a bit of fight back out compared to the rest of the team, except Momo of course.

I don't know many Blues so I'm alright. Fucking shower of twats. One of my Blue mates just phoned me up, reckons we were battered. I told him to behave. I said is battered having 21 chances or 4? We were shite but they were shite too. They've got a lot of false confidence as I still think they're shite, just not as shite and it'll all come crashing down around them, it always does with that shower.

Spot on!

The lads who stay late are usually Reds, I don't know any of the Blues there so I've got fuck all to worry about. Paul and John are both Reds, they usually stay late, I don't know if Scott supports anybody, he doesn't seem the footballing kind and there's a Welsh lad with red hair (think he might be called John) supports Cardiff.

Yer mind Scott what about Ringo.

I loved the way he was puonding his fists into his hand walking round screaming 'Come On, Come on'. I was really impressed with how fired up he appeared when he came on. To me he was the only showing a bit of fight back out compared to the rest of the team, except Momo of course.

Certainly seems to have the right attitude to go with the ability.