You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Engerlund tosspots at the WC

RoboRiise

I thought that programme made a hell of a lot out of not much at all. Yes, all those actions were depicable and they are scum but it was as if the Panarama were there expecting huge riots and never got it so started picking out little groups of scum.

Those lads from huddersfield, now i am sorry but if one of them tried to be the hard case (with his mates of course not on his own) they would be pasted all over the floor by most blokes. Yet this was the big example of "hard core hooligans"?!?

It just confirmed to me that a lot of the people who follow england abroad are from small clubs who get over-excited and think they have to act like that as they dont get away often with their clubs. (As that blue lad said). So when they get in a crowd they act like complete scum in front of one another.

I was over in Germany (nowhere near the england fans mind) and its one of the best trips I have done, it really was quality over there.

The over-riding point that came out of it all for me was, WHY WASTE SO MUCH BEER THROWING IT AT PEOPLE!!!! :whoops:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a week in Frankfurt with the missus for the first two England games and beleive me, there are plenty of arseholes knocking about. When we first got there we were chatting to a couple of guys from our flight outside one of the main bars, all of a sudden one of them says "Hang on a minute." then wanders over to a Serbian fan who was holding a flag and drops him. He came back muttering that he shouldn't have been in "our" bar. Hence to say we left pretty sharpish. We found a nice little aussie bar full of Yanks and Aussies and used that place for the week, met loads of good lads.

I was surprised how many Aussies are either Reds or bitters.

You'll find xenophobic pricks everywhere if you take the time to look. Finding them amongst England fans is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Went to Southampton about 5 years ago and they were singing "I'd rather be a Paki than a Scouser"... complete cocks.

I had a week in Frankfurt with the missus for the first two England games and beleive me, there are plenty of arseholes knocking about. When we first got there we were chatting to a couple of guys from our flight outside one of the main bars, all of a sudden one of them says "Hang on a minute." then wanders over to a Serbian fan who was holding a flag and drops him. He came back muttering that he shouldn't have been in "our" bar. Hence to say we left pretty sharpish. We found a nice little aussie bar full of Yanks and Aussies and used that place for the week, met loads of good lads.

I was surprised how many Aussies are either Reds or bitters.

Why? Liverpool have always had a big following because of Craig Johnstone and now I suppose Harry Kewell...

My money's on Iseethroughyou,but either way he's back..Will the real Momo please stand up!

He's that crazed he's probably both. People use the same language 70% of the time, to reduce processing demands, so it's possible to spot patterns in written language which indicate a sort of language thumbprint.

Guest ISeeThroughYou
I thought that as well TBH.

Perhaps it's simply a sign of my self-obssession, but I was convinced that the "Momo" stuff was directed at me.

[/b]

Why? Liverpool have always had a big following because of Craig Johnstone and now I suppose Harry Kewell...

I thought that with the majority of Aussies that come here working dahn sarf that they would all be chav or arse supporters.

They were good lads tho' even some of the Aussie bitters.

Spitting on German flags, throwing beer on women and young kids, twatting young Turkish lads on their own. Scum. You can talk about it just being a minority, but this is our culture.

gonna sound like me grandad here but you have a countrywide minority in Britain who live according to yob culture...binge drinking...racism...petty crime and violence and there is nothing in place to stop it.

I grew up in Huyton and did a lot of the usual stuff that teens get up to but fact is that if you got out of hand on the estate somebody would sort you out. Wouldn't happen now cos the bloke would be up in court. What is it you get now an ASBO???.... big fuckin deal

Perhaps it's simply a sign of my self-obssession, but I was convinced that the "Momo" stuff was directed at me.

But i actually thought that the language used and general aggression coming through from the other fella's posts made him more likely to be our old chilled out entertainer the Mo-meister than you.

I could be wrong though.

it was mate, as momo had a way of aggressively answering every post too.

Why not head on over to Dave's new 'meet and greet' thread and we'll all get on famously.

Makes me laugh when you see all these new age soccer fans caught up in the middle of it all "We came here to support our side and this happens I will never come back again". Fuckin bellends more like "I've got quite a bit of dough came here so I could brag to the people in work, am I fuck goin to South Africa wouldnt want to break into my mountain of cash too much".

Some of the behaviour was disgusting but I think the BBC have made this look worse than it actually was. It's still a small minority of knobs and how do we know that other countries' fans weren't like this? When the BBC send undercover reporters out to film this stuff they're bound to find it but it's not representitive of all England fans. I feel a bit sorry for the thousands who went over there and behaved, didn't get drunk and just had a good time. Although I feel more sorry for anyone who ends uo getting caught up in this shite...

...I'm not really sure what the BBC managed to achieve by showing all this.

I ended up chatting with a yob who was heavily featured in a tv documentary about yobbishness and drug fuelled behaviour in a Midlands town, about 18-24 months ago. He reckoned that the reporters went to the offy, bought a load of booze and allowed the teenagers to sup the lot before filming them on drunken rampages.

Funny that.

Slander laws prevent me from naming the town or the television corporation.