You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Djibril Cisse

Carradona

Guest Momo Sissoko
Momo,

Why the hatred?

Did he run over your cat?

Only the Rash has this level of hatred for Liverpool players/managers.

I can't help it, mate. He just brings me out in a rage. He's not good enough to play for our club. And the fact that he was our most expensive ever signing is even more annoying.

I can't help it, mate. He just brings me out in a rage. He's not good enough to play for our club. And the fact that he was our most expensive ever signing is even more annoying.

I think he is good enough. There is something there to coach, but he is a confidence player who requires a run in the team.

That cramp (or was it an ankle break. Looked that way from the way he was acting) looked to have cleared up during the celebrations didn't it?

Examples - Carra in Istanbul. He had cramp but was able to run around after the celebrations, Kewell was injured and was able tor un about. I think it's caleld adrenaline.

He's only completed about 4 full ninety minutes in the Premiership, but if you work out his total number of minutes on the pitch as games, he's had about 20 full 90 minutes and scored 9 goals. (1837 minutes, subbed on 14 times, off 11 times, 33 appearances)

I know that isn't accurate because different games are different situations but considering he's played all over the place but rarely upfront thats a good return.

What we need to hope is that there's a manager out there who buys players based on stats and not whether they have a first touch. If we can we could make a profit ;)

Guest Momo Sissoko
What we need to hope is that there's a manager out there who buys players based on stats and not whether they have a first touch.

I'm lost for words...

I know for a fact that Rafa puts a lot into his stats when buying players, but you can bet your arse that he also wants them to have basic control and technique .ie. a first touch.

I'm lost for words...

I know for a fact that Rafa puts a lot into his stats when buying players, but you can bet your arse that he also wants them to have basic control and technique .ie. a first touch.

Rafa didn't sign Cissé and that is the point he's making.

I'm lost for words...

Exactly what I said.

Cisse has good stats but no first touch, he was obviously signed because of his stats by Houllier, which are impressive. I know Rafa is big on stats but he at least checks the player out and places an emphsis on the players ability as well.

I know you're a reactionary bellend but come on lad, pay attention before you argumentatively make the same point I was already making

Exactly what I said.

Cisse has good stats but no first touch, he was obviously signed because of his stats by Houllier, which are impressive. I know Rafa is big on stats but he at least checks the player out and places an emphsis on the players ability as well.

I know you're a reactionary bellend but come on lad, pay attention before you argumentatively make the same point I was already making

First touch didn't seem to be an issue yesterday.

Exactly what I said.

the same can be said about a certain welsh lad who plays for england and nearly every one on here wants him back

Apart from the 6 or 7 times he woefully mis controlled an easy ball then yeah it was perfect

Don't remember that at all. I thought his touch was excellent yesterday. You say 6 or 7 times. Can you give us a couple of examples?

He ran around like a headless chicken all game, constantly mis-controlled the ball and gave it away, and contributed nothing but the goal. He spent more fucking time worrying about his boots.

He's a turnip, bought by another turnip. I just hope Rafa can get rid of him. Hopefully the other turnip will buy him back.

Mate, don't slag off turnips. I can pretty much put up with anything but slagging the noblest of all the root vegetables.

He's got the season's highest ratio of goals scored to number of minutes played I do believe, stop me if I'm wrong.

But the thing about him is you either love or hate him. And a lot of characters here has made it their 9-5 to ridicule him without any rational reason.

So he doesn't always see eye to eye with Rafa. Rafa's main mantra is passion, Djib has a lot of passion. They can definetly work on their relationship. We need his character and the possibilities he provides us with his pace, for next season.

• 5 years later...

Cisse to show Reds no mercy

Djibril Cisse will forget his allegiance to Liverpool when he lines up against them in a QPR shirt on Wednesday. The France striker won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup with the Reds, scoring a penalty in the shoot-out victory over Milan in 2005 and netting against West Ham in the following year's Cardiff final.

Cisse retains a soft spot for the club despite being forced out after three years, but his aim now is to help Rangers avoid relegation. "All my trophies I won with Liverpool, it's a special club for me, but for an hour and a half, there is no mercy."

"It's my club, to be honest, but when the whistle blows that feeling will disappear. "It was difficult to leave because it wasn't my decision. Rafa Benitez told me 'you're not in my plans'. I thought I deserved better treatment. But that's the way it was and I have to accept it.

"I don't feel like I have a point to prove to Liverpool because the staff has changed, and a lot of players have changed. "

Cisse to show Reds no mercy | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports