You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TBM and Thommo

Karl_b

Both on their way to Wigan apparently.

Be very disapointed to see Mellor leave without being given a fair go after his recovery from injury.

Yeah, just saw the Thommo thin gon SSN. Same about TBM, I expected him to be given a go alongside Crouch. Crouch to win it, Mellor to score it.

I'd love to see him stay and fight for his place until the summer and at least see what happens. I'm sure he doesn't want to leave without having had a proper chance to prove himself, he'd always be thinking "what if...". I think he's had a lot of bad luck throughout his career and Rafa doesn't seem to fancy him so its maybe just not meant to be. Shame though as I've always liked him.

And I've just seen the skysports article about Thommo - £250,000. Thats a snip.

Last time I spoke to Mellor (about a week ago) he said that the only way he was going to leave is if Rafa told him he didn't want him and for him to go. He said as long a Rafa was happy for him to tay and fight for his place, thats what he would do.

If he's going to Wigan then it's either a loan, or Rafa has told him he jut isn't wanted.

Davie Thommo's knee must be bad if Blackburn are selling at that price.

For 250k I'd take him back as a squad player.

Last time I spoke to Mellor (about a week ago) he said that the only way he was going to leave is if Rafa told him he didn't want him and for him to go. He said as long a Rafa was happy for him to tay and fight for his place, thats what he would do.

If he's going to Wigan then it's either a loan, or Rafa has told him he jut isn't wanted.

Mellor turned down Hearts and said sothieng along those lines (or at least his agent did). SSN reckon its a loan move to Wigan till the end of the season. As for Thommo, I loved him but I think injuries have taken their toll, he seems to have lost his pace. When he had that terrier tenacity AND pace he was great but now, I dont know. But since Ive talked up Nolan and Barton, yeah why not for 250k

Dont know about hid knee...but the fact that he only have six months left on his contract is obviously reflected in that transfer fee.

I think it would be a great move for Mellor. He'll get a few games under his belt, seeing as Camara's away at the African nations cup. In a side that will give him chances and play good football too.

Hopefully its only a loan and he'll come back on form to us.

SSN says loan for TBM. To be fair it's not a bad club for him to go to on loan. Still Premier League, Paul Jewell's a decent boss, not far from home for him either. All being well he'll be back at Melwood in the summer for pre-season and get a full season in without injury. Rafa's paid a few compliments to him in the past, so I can't see Rafa wanting him to go permanently yet.

Wigan still have to play both Everon and Utd at home, so Mellor can still do a job for us at Wigan! ;)

Isn't Mellor's contract up in June? If so, what's the point of a loan deal? We'll only be saving his wages for 5 months.

It gives Rafa the chance to see if he's up to playing in the premiership, as he'll be given a run of games there. Then he can decide if he's worth a new contract.

I think its purely too get him fit, operations on Both Knees he's had, Rafa's not gonna change his front too just yet, if Mellor can show he's ok a Wigan he'll get his New deal.

No matter what happens that winner against Arsenal was the best domestic moment last season.

He's going to the right place and another reason to look out for Wigan. Let's just hope Henchoz is over his snit aboot Rafa and doesn;t poison TBM's mind.

I really like Wigan (even if they did get shut of deVos).

I thought DeVos got shut of them.