You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yesterday...

dave u

Fowler back in the shirt would be a great coup for us, especially on pay as you play deal, we can't lose surely?

And from a more less sentimental point of view the LFC Shop would make a killing selling the shirts as well - about time we cashed in a bit.

If he could get himself fit for Jan and then play for the rest of the season we'd soon see if he was worth taking on for longer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fowler back in the shirt would be a great coup for us, especially on pay as you play deal, we can't lose surely?

And from a more less sentimental point of view the LFC Shop would make a killing selling the shirts as well - about time we cashed in a bit.

If he could get himself fit for Jan and then play for the rest of the season we'd soon see if he was worth taking on for longer.

Exactly, nothing to lose really. If it doesn't work out, it won't have cost us anything and at least Robbie would be able to say goodbye properly. I reckon if he got fit he'd be useful to have around, and the dressing room would be a lot livelier too, which isn't a bad thing. His presence would also ensure the noise level from the Kop would be raised at least 25%.

Mountie.jpg

I'm actually wearing womens clothing under the serge.

RedinSweden, even after living in Newfie for a year and a bit I've a difficult time of it.

Yes, b'y ....it's a sin, a sin I tell ya....buddy wassiname....bay b'y don't like those townies..

Monsen is a little extreme for me, he once told me he spent 40 days in the Norwegian wilderness and didn't have a change of underwear. I must draw the line at fresh skivvies. Still remember New Years Day 2002, ran out of gin and vodka, and we trekked to his camp two miles (too pissed to drive the skidoo) away with a polar bear near town, no fucking moonlight- we wisely left the shotgun at home but carried bear spray, and got this 40 oz bottle of firewater some nutter had distilled in Wah'ti and agve to him. We trek back, mixed it with coffee and were just looped by midnight. The Mounties showed up and couldn't figure out why we were bombed driniking coffee. There ws this HUngarian nurse there who forgot how to speak English he was so corked on the Wah'ti firewater, he kept blabbing in what sounded like German. Arrogant fucker was holding out on his Tanguay, as we sent his flatmate over to get his stash around 2AM as we ran out of the firewater and me and Monsen and the missus and her Filipina mate were still on the lash- that fucker made us risk bear attack because he didn't want to share his Tanguay.

Here's a poser for you Dave (and everyone else, too - but he's the biggest TBM fan) - would you take Robbie back if it was swap deal with Mellor?

Personally no, but that is because I know Mellor a bit and that's probably influencing my decision. He's said he'll do interviews for TLW anytime I want, so I want him to stay ;-)

I also think that if he ever gets a run of games for the first team he'll win a lot of people over and score a sheful of goals.

Besides, I want Mellor and Fowler at the club. Ressies games would be a lot more interesting!

I've never been a big fan of bringing Robbie back. The only reason is I have reservations about his fitness. On a pay as you play deal, it hardly is a risk at all.

Thing is, I've always worshipped the player Fowler, if not the professional. When he was firing on all cylinders he was absolutely fucking phenomenal. In front of goal, he has talent other strikers at the club can only dream of.

Would the fans and Robbie himself be content with him not playing that much?

I really can't explain it, but yes, I'd take him back. I suppose it's a case of the heart ruling the mind.

Taking him back on a pay-as-you play for a nominal fee is really a no-brainer. The biggest problem I have with it is the possibility of seeing him so faded from his former glories. It'd be kind of like watching Ali getting beaten up by Leon Spinks.

Robbie would play for us for free. He's one of the richest men in the country and he loves Liverpool liek nthing else. leaving us broke his heart. Not that itwould happen, but I;m 100% convinced that he would, literally, play for fuck all!

I'd fucking love it if Robbie came back. And not just for emotive reasons, I honestly think he'd be a great addition to the squad. Who else has his experience and knowledge of teh Premiership in our squad? erm fucking nobody, that's who.

Make it happen I say, whatever the cost (even though thre's be hardly any anyway!)

St Ettiene shirt? Haven't owned one of those since I was about 10. You sure you weren't dreaming ;-)

Oh dear, this is one for the gay threads eh. Me dreaming of Dave! :D

I'd met a couple of blokes I knew (it just gets gayer) and while discussing various internet chums, one of the blokes looked up and pointed at a man running across the concourse under the kop and said 'oh thats Dave Usher'. And we discussed the shirt, it was green and white squares, like the Croatian tops, and we decided it was a St Ettiene shirt.

So theres 3 possibilities

1. You just happened to forget you had one

2. We identified the wrong shirt

3. It wasn't you.

(It lost its gayness toward the end though)

Here's a poser for you Dave (and everyone else, too - but he's the biggest TBM fan) - would you take Robbie back if it was swap deal with Mellor?

No no no no.

TBM is the real deal. Best strike rate of all our forwards, and on bad knees. Crikey, whats he gonna be like when he's back on good knees.