You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On behalf of the Rafa excuse compilers

Hermes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Hermes.

The sad thing is, you will get some people on here - quite a lot probably - who will seriously try and defend that performance. Well, you can't defend the indefensible. What a shocking performance. Defenders who can't defend, strikers who can't score and midfielders who can't keep the ball.

Good one Hermes.

The sad thing is, you will get some people on here - quite a lot probably - who will seriously try and defend that performance. Well, you can't defend the indefensible. What a shocking performance. Defenders who can't defend, strikers who can't score and midfielders who can't keep the ball.

And excusers who've run out of excuses?

Guest Gazmo25
May I just say that this is the first Carling Cup game we've lost since February

FFS Hermes, everyone is pissed off about the result and the performance and rightly so. However, it is not the time to be coming out with comments like that. I'm not going to make excuses for Rafa, what I would say though is that he gave players a chance to prove themselves tonight and he was let down big time. Whitbread was found out big time on both goals, Warnock was sloppy tonight, Hamann was nowhere and Potter is doing well to still be at the club, don't think he will ever bring anything to the first team. Also we had enough chances to comfortably win the game and it is disapointing that we didn't take them. He is a good manager and his track record backs that up. I do believe that he will turn this around and get us going. We stuck behind Houliier and Evans after far worse results than that one tonight and we need to do the same with Rafa.

No excuses for that tonight or for Saturday either; both disgusting.

But stop being a smug prick and say what you are really thinking.

I've already stated my criteria for the sack if that's what you mean. How long before the "I trust Rafa" brigade are saying "Get rid of the Spanish c***".

I've already stated my criteria for the sack if that's what you mean. How long before the "I trust Rafa" brigade are saying "Get rid of the Spanish c***".

No idea. Next question.

Oh and I never mentioned the word 'sack' at all so it's clear what you're thinking.

In life, we should trust people until they persistently show no reason to be trusted. Until that point they should receive trust. It's called basic decency. Without it we'd live in a even more paranoid world than we already do. If the trust is removed then it's no reflection on the person who trusted in the first place.

1 thing thats worrying me

i hope, some of the big signigns dont be looking at us at the moment, i.e Simao, jaoquin ,whoever, obviously i dont nkow the names, im just guessing, but i hope their not thinking, "fuck that, their crap, im not going there"

these last 2 games have been so poor its untrue, surely it can only get better ;)

Guest Gazmo25
Shit signings in the summer, no winger and no Owen. Stubborness in persisting with a negative game plan. Things have to change, starting with a consistent team selection.

Rash, put things into perspective mate. We have gone over the signings in detail on other threads and everyone has their own opinions. Negative? We had more than enough chances to win that game tonight, it's players finishing letting us down, not neccessarily a lack of chances. As I put earlier though, we know how he is going to approach the Carling Cup and he will give players a game who won't normally play (Potter, Raven and Whitbread) and they need to step up to the plate when required, they all did last year. I thought Raven did ok tonight but both Potter and Whitbread are not good enough. Would like to see a consistent approach in the league but in the Carling Cup we know what is coming.

I have to say Hermes, that I've always liked your style in a sence of you backing your opinions better than most on here. I don't agree with all of what you say, but you always seem to be constructive and you always seem to base your statements on some kind of facts. This thread though is like kicking someone who's already down. It's not like those you call the "I trust Rafa"-brigade like it when we loose. I'm starting to wonder if you do though.

Hermes, can you tell me how you see everyhthing as Rafa's fault? I realise he is the boss and the buck stops there, and ultimately the results reflect his performance, but the players he picked last night should have been capable of beating that team. They played poorly and one or too aside were all playing at a level far lower than their abilities.

I admit that the job of the manager is to motivate the team and to get the best from them but when confidence is low, this is the sort of game that will make the fringe players play tentatively, and apart from Carson, who did nothing wrong, not one of the young players showed anything to suggest they are quality players.

The players let Rafa down, is how i see it. I see the argument of picking a settled side, and i see the argument of picking a stronger side for this competition to gain confidence, but with all of the games we will have to play this year it is simply sensible to use the squad in this manner.

I'm all for the kids getting a chance obviously but Potter's played plenty of games now and yet still looks well out of his depth.

I have wondered for some time what the point in Potter is, he doesn't dribble, run, tackle, pass (other than the simple option back to the full back) and his crossing is always apalling.

Some of the players we have let go seem far better to me than Potter.

Hermes, can you tell me how you see everyhthing as Rafa's fault? I realise he is the boss and the buck stops there, and ultimately the results reflect his performance, but the players he picked last night should have been capable of beating that team.

How many other games does that apply to? There have been at least 10 matches where that statement could apply. We were playing Crystal Palace reserves, it can only be down to lack of motivation or poor tactics. The manager is responsible for making sure both are spot on for each game. So far he's failing and it's getting worse as time goes on.

Hermes, if you think the manager should have two years then give him two years, I agree he should get two years but in the mean time I am gonna support him and not pile on the pressure at any and every opportunity.

The "excuse" brigade are simply supporting the manager and the team until its time for him to go. If Rafa does bring us the title in a few years, will you be on here with your smug fcukin comments? You might be smiling but you certainly won't be deserving of that smile.

Hermes, if you think the manager should have two years then give him two years, I agree he should get two years but in the mean time I am gonna support him and not pile on the pressure at any and every opportunity.

The "excuse" brigade are simply supporting the manager and the team until its time for him to go. If Rafa does bring us the title in a few years, will you be on here with your smug fcukin comments? You might be smiling but you certainly won't be deserving of that smile.

Make your mind up. Either I'm avoiding questions or I'm not. His post was addressed to me so I assumed he wanted an answer. I gave him one.

If anyone is skirting around things on here it isn't me. I spotted things were going wrong as far back as January and people on here were laughing. Well, nobody is laughing now.

Do you want me to apologise for being a visionary?