You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Absolutely necessary for a top breakfast;

Sausage

Bacon

Black pudding

White pudding

Fried bread - white

Toast - brown

Grilled tomatoes

HP Sauce

Optionals;

Hash browns

Beans

Bubble and squeak

No thanks;

Eggs,

Mushrooms

To quote dinnerladies - all toast is brown. That's the point of toast.

• Upvote 1

Whats sort of cunt buys unsmoked bacon?

It's that fucking obvious you can only ever buy smoked bacon, I didn't think it necessary to stipulate.

I'm sure I ran a poll on here a few years back and we do have dick eating cunts amongst us. I'll find it

Sausage

Bacon

Black pudding

White pudding

Fried bread - white

Toast - brown

Grilled tomatoes

HP Sauce

Optionals;

Hash browns

Beans

Bubble and squeak

No thanks;

Eggs

Mushrooms

Quite how eggs have ended up on the outside looking in is beyond me, especially as black pudding has a place on the podium with white pudding. Eggs over puddings every day of the week. I agree with mushrooms, although if they're small and inoffensive they get a pass.

The only question with eggs is whether they're runny yolk, semi-runny yolk or fluffy yolk.

Quite how eggs have ended up on the outside looking in is beyond me, especially as black pudding has a place on the podium with white pudding. Eggs over puddings every day of the week. I agree with mushrooms, although if they're small and inoffensive they get a pass.

The only question with eggs is whether they're runny yolk, semi-runny yolk or fluffy yolk.

Quite simply because I don’t like eggs.

Cooking them for others it always has to be a runny yolk.

I'm not arsed about having haggis with neeps & tatties either but it's the ultimate breakfast food, enhances a fry up something rotten & I love it on a doubler morning roll alongside either bacon, sausage, egg or black pudding (with HP sauce).

A haggis & sausage roll with HP is a motherfucker of a start to the day.

• Upvote 2

Sausage

Bacon

Black pudding

White pudding

Fried bread - white

Toast - brown

Grilled tomatoes

HP Sauce

Optionals;

Hash browns

Beans

Bubble and squeak

No thanks;

Eggs

Mushrooms

Absolutely necessary:

Two or three sausages

Two or three rashers of bacon

Black pudding

Fried egg

Mushrooms

Fried tomato

Two slices of buttered toast

HP Sauce

Optionals:

Fried Bread

No thanks:

Beans (Not with breakfast, not with anything)

Bubble and squeak (Lovely but not for breakfast)

Hash browns (homemade ones are boss, just not for breakfast)

• Upvote 3

I'm not arsed about having haggis with neeps & tatties either but it's the ultimate breakfast food, enhances a fry up something rotten & I love it on a doubler morning roll alongside either bacon, sausage, egg or black pudding (with HP sauce).

I absolutely love swede, me. I have it mashed with a little butter.

Okay. So I'm going to attempt to put together an impartial list based off Col's necessary, optional type list. My own personal feeling is that beans are an important component to it being a full english, but I can see that removing them doesn't make it not a full english. I think that's fair to make it an optional, even if I do consider myself a prime member of the pro-bean club.

Impartial:

Necessary to be a Full English Breakfast.

Sausages (Pork)

Bacon

Fried Egg

Toast and/or Fried Bread

Optional, inclusion isn't out of place on a Full English:

Beans

Black Pudding

Fried Tomato

Mushrooms

Hash Browns

Sauce (HP or Tomato)

Non traditional but not a deal breaker items

Bubble and Squeak

White Pudding

Bread and Butter

My own list of a top breakfast

Two slices of thick cut bread straight off a bloomer. Toasted evenly across the slice. Buttered heavily.

Beans, cooked down and starting to break up, with thickened sauce with added white pepper. On top of the toast.

A fried egg atop the beans.

Three cumberland sausages or a giant cumberland ring. Well seasoned and spiced.

Three smoked bacon rashers. Crispy.

Homemade hash browns.

Big cup of tea.

Haggis and Sausage Roll,a true Scottish heart clinic breakfast. Deep fried Mars Bar for dinner and an angina attack at tea time,you can't beat it.

My own list of a top breakfast

Two slices of thick cut bread straight off a bloomer. Toasted evenly across the slice. Buttered heavily.

Beans, cooked down and starting to break up, with thickened sauce with added white pepper. On top of the toast.

A fried egg atop the beans.

Three cumberland sausages or a giant cumberland ring. Well seasoned and spiced.

Three smoked bacon rashers. Crispy.

Homemade hash browns.

Big cup of tea.

Where have you hid the fucking bodies
  • Upvote 1

This. I had coffee and a danish this morning. Wouldn't have seemed right with tea.

Vice versa for a full english.

Yep. I like a really good cup of coffee. I've even got a coffee station in my house dedicated to the quality brewing of coffee. But... not with a Full English, you savages.