You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The usual suspects at it again. Bet you all can't wait for the nrxt pic to fucking whinge at. As I said, it eas on the doorstep of the hotel. I eas feeling rough as fuck and couldn't be arsed treading the streets of London looking for anywhere else.

Anyway just to keep you all happy, here's this mornings effort for £6.

42df4f221294ffaa182a5dafc2d0d570.jpg

I always look at the basics first. The foundation of a full english is bacon, eggs, and sausages. Here they seem to have two out of three right. Bacon looks well cooked, eggs theres two of them. Not sure about the sausage, difficult to gauge the quality but slicing it down the middle to make it look like two loses them points.

The peripherals next. Tinned tomatoes are a no-no, they almost give it a bit of a seventies feel. Has to be fresh tomato, fried. The mushrooms look ok, and I'm a take it or leave it kind of guy with beans so that's fine. Hash browns are acceptable, but they've got to be home made. If those triangular frozen jobs are whats on offer, I'd leave them. Toast looks fine.

6 on 10 for me here.

• Upvote 1

I stupidly went along with Mrs idea to go out for a fry up last Sunday morning.

Clearly there is a world that is booming away as I sit on the sofa sipping my first tea of the day.

It went like this-

Headed to local Premier Inn with pub attached that does the all you can eat breakkie- kids eat free so seemed ok. Got there, absolutely packed to the rafters at 900am. Try to sit down only for waitress to tell me I need to be "checked in" first. Went back to entrance only to stand there for 5mins and then same waitress comes over and finds us another table.

Mrs goes and grabs a couple of coffees and and 2 bowls of cereal for 2 daughters. This isnt a buffet for hot food, waitress comes over and you order it. 35mins later (yes, I was counting) no one has taken our order, by which time we've had 2 coffees and cereal and juices. Get the hump and walk out (you pay on leaving so not losing out) Family on table next to us look aghast, as if they might call the police. 

Decide on another pub/premier inn place nearby - get to the till only to be asked if we have booked? Uhhh- no, its 945am and I just want breakfast. Get told its fully booked.

Toy with the idea of just buying the ingredients and going home to cook it. 

Take a chance on the local garden centre- get there for 10am just as it opens- straight to the rather impressive coffee shop- fresh breakfast buffet just being laid out, first in queue- RESULT. 

Only took x3 attempts and over an hour.

Wont be doing that again for a while 

• Upvote 1

I always have tinned tomatoes on a full english. It's almost a vital ingredient so you can mop up all the juices with buttered bread alongside egg yolk and bacon grease and all that shit that's good for your mental well being. If somebody served me half a grilled tomato I'd probably go spare.

Eat what you enjoy and fuck the haters. Unless it's sprouts that's sick like kiddy fiddling a cabbage.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I stupidly went along with Mrs idea to go out for a fry up last Sunday morning.

Clearly there is a world that is booming away as I sit on the sofa sipping my first tea of the day.

It went like this-

Headed to local Premier Inn with pub attached that does the all you can eat breakkie- kids eat free so seemed ok. Got there, absolutely packed to the rafters at 900am. Try to sit down only for waitress to tell me I need to be "checked in" first. Went back to entrance only to stand there for 5mins and then same waitress comes over and finds us another table.

Mrs goes and grabs a couple of coffees and and 2 bowls of cereal for 2 daughters. This isnt a buffet for hot food, waitress comes over and you order it. 35mins later (yes, I was counting) no one has taken our order, by which time we've had 2 coffees and cereal and juices. Get the hump and walk out (you pay on leaving so not losing out) Family on table next to us look aghast, as if they might call the police. 

Decide on another pub/premier inn place nearby - get to the till only to be asked if we have booked? Uhhh- no, its 945am and I just want breakfast. Get told its fully booked.

Toy with the idea of just buying the ingredients and going home to cook it. 

Take a chance on the local garden centre- get there for 10am just as it opens- straight to the rather impressive coffee shop- fresh breakfast buffet just being laid out, first in queue- RESULT. 

Only took x3 attempts and over an hour.

Wont be doing that again for a while

Photo?

Worst fry-up I've had was every single one in Thailand. What sort of cunts give you mini-hotdogs instead of Sausages and slices of cooked ham instead of bacon but pass both off a sausage and bacon?

The fucking Thai, that's who.

I bet when you go to Spain you hit the english pubs for egg and chips and a pint of Watneys Red Barrel.

• Upvote 2

I bet when you go to Spain you hit the english pubs for egg and chips and a pint of Watneys Red Barrel.

You cant be doing that.

Watneys Red Barrell is an afternoon drink.

English pub in Spain for egg and chips and a pint of Estrella is perfectly acceptable...........

Worst fry-up I've had was every single one in Thailand. What sort of cunts give you mini-hotdogs instead of Sausages and slices of cooked ham instead of bacon but pass both off a sausage and bacon?

The fucking Thai, that's who.

Same thing in Vietnam. Plus a load of salad.

On the plus side, bean free.

• Upvote 2

Photo?

Ha Ha- Apologies- I have an odd aversion to taking photos of my food.

Although, for info purposes exclusive to TLW I can see it may just be on the edge of acceptable.......

I dont have a Smart phone and Im not on facebook .

Proper weirdo  me

• Upvote 1