You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Ideally our officials should be fucked off to Germany or Spain and send theirs over here. I genuinely believe it would solve a lot of grief . 

I can't speak for the Bundesliga, but it seems anytime I watch serie A on BT sports, there's NEVER any var controversy. 

Maybe I'm looking at through Rose tinted glasses, but it appears they don't check every goal scored with the intention of disallowing it

6 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

The irony of these cunts talking about referee controversy. 

Rodri handball not given against the shite and Kompany not getting second yellow were the reasons why they won 2 titles. 

If that Spurs 'offside' goal had happened to these cunts....

I'll bet those bent incidents didn’t warrant so much as a mention in BBC's felchfest of a documentary about guardiola. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Some talk that Gomez will be left back. I think that makes a ton a sense today. 

I’d go for that if Konate is fit. Not so sure if he isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Some talk that Gomez will be left back. I think that makes a ton a sense today. 

If he's up against Foden cutting in, then absolutely. If today mirrors last year's game, where we sat a bit deeper and hit them quickly, then I'll be happy with the same outcome. Gomez had a great game that day as well I recall.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aws said:

I’d go for that if Konate is fit. Not so sure if he isn’t. 

Whilst I agree, it still makes sense to have him there to deal with Foden cutting in. He has been excelling in the LB spot this season so it makes sense to put him there instead of throwing him in another position in the biggest game of the season. 

Hope Konate is fit, but if not, we just have to trust Quansah does the job. 

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Oliver at least makes his own decisions, he appears to me to hate the idea of VAR. He was far and away the best ref in the league until 18 months ago. Probably coincides with trips to Abu Dhabi. The fact he failed to send off Kovavic against Arsenal is probably a good thing, he can't be seen to that dodgy again.

Really? Because a week after that Kovacic debacle he was VAR in the manc derby and gave City that ludicrous pen when Hojland brushed against Rodri's arm on a set-piece. Godbridge has been banging on about that ever since because as he rightly keeps saying, pens don't get given for those at all anymore. Even the much more blatant ones don't get given. Yet Abu Dhabi Oliver interjected himself into the manc derby to ensure City got that one. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, dave u said:

Really? Because a week after that Kovacic debacle he was VAR in the manc derby and gave City that ludicrous pen when Hojland brushed against Rodri's arm on a set-piece. Godbridge has been banging on about that ever since because as he rightly keeps saying, pens don't get given for those at all anymore. Even the much more blatant ones don't get given. Yet Abu Dhabi Oliver interjected himself into the manc derby to ensure City got that one. 

This is my main worry today, there is absolutely no doubt Rodri, Foden and others will look to replicate exactly the same thing. 

27 minutes ago, dave u said:

Nevermind anymore, they weren't given before and haven't been given since. It was a scandalous decision, given at a time they were struggling to break them down.

I’m hoping for a classic bit of Guardiola overthinking for this one. Phil Foden as a false nine, Bernardo Silva at left wing back with Haaland on the right or something.

This season they’ve not seemed as utterly relentless as in previous years. I’m hoping Dom and Macca can run all over them in midfield and do the work of three players, City always dominate midfield so it’d be interesting to see how they handle it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Ideally our officials should be fucked off to Germany or Spain and send theirs over here. I genuinely believe it would solve a lot of grief . 

Our useless cunts wouldn't get a gig in Tercera División. 

None of them would be professional referees in Spain, Germany or Italy. 

• Upvote 1

Got to slum it on the Kop today. So, if you're a fellow koppite today, have one of those plastic cups of red wine ready for my arrival.

Let's fucking show these soulless Jonny-come-latelys what fervour and passion are.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Nevermind anymore, they weren't given before and haven't been given since. It was a scandalous decision, given at a time they were struggling to break them down.

That's my point. By 'anymore' i don't mean since that game, I mean in general. How many pens have we seen like that this season? Maybe two at most? Yet in one of the most high profile games in the Premier League a VAR is inserting himself into it to give THAT? Two weeks after taking money from City's chairman and one week after not sending Kovacic off.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Ive just dropped in early to say Micah Richards is a fucking wanker.

Bit of a thick cunt too. 

17 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Ive just dropped in early to say Micah Richards is a fucking wanker.

He's a cunt spouting why the cheats are the best ever and conviently forgetting the massive elephant in the room , hahaha Roy Keane jokingly telling him to calm down