You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nott'm Forest (A) - Sat 2nd Mar 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Could make an argument to say league was more competitive overall back then too - not as much of a gap between the haves and have nots - so the top teams didn't rack up nigh on 100 pts.

I have no data to support this by way - just a gut feel.

The teams racking up close to 100 points are Klopp and Guardiola teams; two of the best managers of all time. It's not a commentary on the strength of the other teams.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Szobo and Darwin back for this, Mo next week. Give them an hour each, we've run the rest of them into the ground.

Need to get this won with them on the pitch.

Kelleher, Bradley, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Endo, Szobo, Mac, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz.

No guarantee either are back...

Darwin Nunez and Dominik Szoboszlai may be available for Liverpool’s trip to Nottingham Forest, but Mohamed Salah will not return from injury at the City Ground.

Nunez and Szoboszlai resumed full training on Thursday after fitness issues and Jürgen Klopp is hopeful they can be part of the Reds’ matchday squad on Saturday afternoon.

On the fitness of his squad, Klopp told the media on Friday: “Darwin and Dom trained yesterday with the team. So, they looked good, but we have to wait [to see] how they react.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The teams racking up close to 100 points are Klopp and Guardiola teams; two of the best managers of all time. It's not a commentary on the strength of the other teams.

Whilst those two sides are/have been very good the league is IMO overall weaker than it has been for years as the gap between the top clubs and the rest grows and grows.

There is little to no resistance offered against the top sides outside of by each other.

This was much less the case even as far back as when we were in our 70's/80's pomp....it was much less the case in most of Ferguson's sides pomps too.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This

I keep hearing this argument that it was stronger back in the 90/00s. Its bollocks imo. There 5 or 6 generally poor teams in the league. But the teams finishing 6-10th are a far better standard. Villa,Brighton, West Ham etc all have a decent shot of deep progression in European football. That didn't happen before. There's only Neen City and liverpool putting up mental points totals in multiple years

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

Whilst those two sides are/have been very good the league is IMO overall weaker than it has been for years as the gap between the top clubs and the rest grows and grows.

There is little to no resistance offered against the top sides outside of by each other.

This was much less the case even as far back as when we were in our 70's/80's pomp....it was much less the case in most of Ferguson's sides pomps too.

Premier League teams have more money, better players and better managers than they ever have. Us and City have simply been on a stratospheric level. 

I shall be in attendance tomorrow.

My mate has booked us a table at Hooters first. I look forward to mortifying all the girls with terribly delivered version of lines they’ve all heard a million times before and / or repelling them away with the worlds biggest face aid cold sore I’ve been sporting on my lower lip for the last week. 

As for the game, just fucking win. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My mate has booked us a table at Hooters first. I look forward to mortifying all the girls with terribly delivered version of lines they’ve all heard a million times before and / or repelling them away with the worlds biggest face aid cold sore I’ve been sporting on my lower lip for the last week. 

Haha, is that still there the one on the river near the ground?

I went on a Stag do in the early 2000s on a day when Sunderland were in town to play a Saturday afternoon game against Forest. We walked into Hooters, it was rammed full of supporters and absolutely roasting in there, we walked straight back out. Shite, overpriced guff.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, is that still there the one on the river near the ground?

That’ll be the one! 

When my wife and I starting courting, we went to a gig at Rock City and went in first. My overriding memory was the girls definitely weren’t up to the standard of the ones in America - that was 2009 (I think).

Given we haven't won a league at Forest since like 1987 or something, I’m hoping for significant improvements in all departments tomorrow. 

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Premier League teams have more money, better players and better managers than they ever have. Us and City have simply been on a stratospheric level. 

The overall competitiveness of league is IMO very low.

The more money shout is meaningless - just means they are spending more money to buy the same old mediocre and shite players - take Everton for example.

I have no desire to engage in a long drawn out back and forth on this - my view is league is probably less competitive, you disagree - its fine.

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That’ll be the one! 

When my wife and I starting courting, we went to a gig at Rock City and went in first. My overriding memory was the girls definitely weren’t up to the standard of the ones in America - that was 2009 (I think).

Given we haven't won a league at Forest since like 1987 or something, I’m hoping for significant improvements in all departments tomorrow. 

The girls in the newish Liverpool one are no great shakes either.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You're going to an owl sanctuary?

Screenshot_2024-03-01-17-01-14-83_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

The overall competitiveness of league is IMO very low.

The more money shout is meaningless - just means they are spending more money to buy the same old mediocre and shite players - take Everton for example.

I have no desire to engage in a long drawn out back and forth on this - my view is league is probably less competitive, you disagree - its fine.

Me neither because the league is simply objectively better now than it was at any point in every metric. 

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Yes, saw that from Klopp's interview. A huge boost!

Honestly, with those two back we are back to having a team I think. Not our best team but a good enough team. 

With Gomez, Elliott, Tsimikas and Quansah on the bench and hopefully Mo next week. Light at the end of the tunnel maybe. 

4 hours ago, an tha said:

The girls in the newish Liverpool one are no great shakes either.

I saw a video of them murdering “You shook me all night long” and I vowed to never set foot in there. 

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I saw a video of them murdering “You shook me all night long” and I vowed to never set foot in there. 

I saw a bloke on a stag do wearing a Hooters uniform - tiny tight T-shirt and even tinier tighter shorts - so that put me right off.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Me neither because the league is simply objectively better now than it was at any point in every metric. 

The point that was being made right back to my original post on the matter was about competitveness.

The PL is 'better' than the championship for example but the championship is much more competitive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

No doubt sin bins will be used with the same even handed approach as the dissent rules this season.

Tierney et al will be rubbing their hands a brand new tool to manipulate the outcome of football matches with.

"Looks like Liverpool are gonna beat abu dhabi here with 10 mins left - have 10 mins in the sin bin VVD"

• Upvote 1

They are pretty poor and we should beat them, although with the squad down to the bear bones we may be leaning on der yut again. Looks like Sobo and Darwin will be back but will it be from the bench or from the start, that remains to be seen but having those two present plus hopefully Robertson and Endo should be enough for us to beat them. I bet even some of the youngsters must be fatigued after recent exploits, although I can see it going the way of most of our recent games - a slow start, then Klopp gets em in at half time and works it out some how. I can see Danns playing a part again and would not rule him out starting with Darwin coming on at half time or something like that.