You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

I don't think City will drop another point this season. Seems premature to call it nonsense.

But people say similar to this at every point during the season.

Of their 28 league games, they've drawn 6 and lost 3. 

I think all sides, ourselves included, will end up dropping points in games we're expected to win. 

They'll win most, but the Arsenal, Villa and Spurs games could pose them problems. 

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

There's a proper SKY SPORTS RACE FOR FOURTH between Spurs and Villa too, both of which all of the top three have to play.

Villa Park will be tricky for us. The other two play them at home 

Think by the penultimate game Villa’s fate will be sealed.

If we need to go there and get a result, we will.

Obviously you never know but it seems to me we’ve now negotiated all of the places/teams who could beat us.

• Upvote 2

Arsenal will win the league, they are riding that wave. I think the Alisson VVD mistake will be their defining moment helped on massively by this countries officials once again getting it wrong. Weird how their mistakes seem to always fuck our title chances but never city's. 100 percent that would of been a pen if it happened the other way. Its unbelievable Klopp has us challenging not just for the title but on all fronts with the constant depleted squad, the PGMOL being bias beyond belief and a media that loves nothing more than to stir shit and then there's the great unwashed English plebs.

38 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

There's a proper SKY SPORTS RACE FOR FOURTH between Spurs and Villa too, both of which all of the top three have to play.

Villa Park will be tricky for us. The other two play them at home 

Villa are starting to tail off now and our record at Villa Park is great. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Arsenal will win the league, they are riding that wave.

Assuming they get through v Porto tomorrow night (and I sincerely hope they do) I think that Arsenal going for the League and CL is uncharted waters for them. 

Looking at when the CL dates fall, Villa H would be in the middle of any quarter final and they’d play Spurs A before any Semi Final. 

Based on current average positions of clubs we all have left to play, Arsenal have the hardest run in on paper. 

Not saying you’re wrong and I’m not discounting Arsenal, IMO, I still think City are more likely to be our main challengers. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I think Arsenal have got a better chance of winning the Champions League than the premier League. The standard in Europe is poor at the moment. It's between them, Man City and Real Madrid. 

Depends on who they could potentially get.

Hopefully Bayern, Madrid, City & Arsenal all end up in the same side of the draw.

3 hours ago, Dapower said:

I think it’s all on our 5 aways if we win them I think we win it because home form not a big problem

Spurs at home is a nasty one. They are capable of taking points off us.

All the aways are nasty, but not if we are on it like yesterday. To be fair, hard to see how we won't have a bad day - let's hope in one of those games, we just get it over the line.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Assuming they get through v Porto tomorrow night (and I sincerely hope they do) I think that Arsenal going for the League and CL is uncharted waters for them. 

Looking at when the CL dates fall, Villa H would be in the middle of any quarter final and they’d play Spurs A before any Semi Final. 

Based on current average positions of clubs we all have left to play, Arsenal have the hardest run in on paper. 

Not saying you’re wrong and I’m not discounting Arsenal, IMO, I still think City are more likely to be our main challengers. 

There'll be a few cup finals for underachieving rivals too, like our away games at Goodison and Old Trafford and the other two facing Spurs in their shiny stadium. 

8 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Ederson is out for around 4 weeks and set to miss City’s game with Arsenal. 

I reckon he will be back for their next league game v arsenal.

He wouldn't have played in cup anyway then it is international shite - they've given 4 weeks as timeframe so he does not have to play for Brazil....Watch him be back a week early and play v arsenal...

4 hours ago, an tha said:

I reckon he will be back for their next league game v arsenal.

He wouldn't have played in cup anyway then it is international shite - they've given 4 weeks as timeframe so he does not have to play for Brazil....Watch him be back a week early and play v arsenal...

And then try to injure someone else. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What makes them king makers over any other sides we face. How to be arrogant while still being mediocre.

And all 3 teams in their remaining 19 games don't just all play them, they all play wolves, Brighton and villa too. I dunno who it's more representative of though, spurs or France! 

Ten games left and we'll win nine of them. Maybe ten, but we might draw somewhere. Spurs at home might be trickier than people think because of how they counter attack, but equally if we're on it that day we could fucking batter them with their high line. This team looks like it's on a mission and won't be denied and Klopp is ridiculously calm and seems to be enjoying himself like never before.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Ten games left and we'll win nine of them. Maybe ten, but we might draw somewhere. Spurs at home might be trickier than people think because of how they counter attack, but equally if we're on it that day we could fucking batter them with their high line. This team looks like it's on a mission and won't be denied and Klopp is ridiculously calm and seems to be enjoying himself like never before.  

Go home grandad you're drunk.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, dave u said:

Spurs high line will cancel out their counter attacking ability for me.

I just cant see them being as lucky this time around as at White Hart Lane.