You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 Nations 2024

Lee909

33 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I love rugby union as a sport, never having played it or attended a rugby school.

But the Aviva / Leinster culture is repugnant. Atmosphere at the ground appalling / supporters a bunch of entitled gobshites.

Thankfully, Munster exists. Having lived for some years in Limerick, the culture around that club is much more tolerable.

It's funny you say that. The Mrs only said last night that the atmosphere was fucking appalling, and she thinks it's being ruined by corporates.................. While she wined and dined in a..... You guessed it, a corporate seat!!!! 

I went to one game years ago, leinster vs munster. That was my first and most likely, last ever rugby attendance. After munster scored a try and the crowd demanded silence for an opposition conversion... I picked up my jacket and left..... 

Can't make noise when some boarding school tof is taking his fucking kick..... Fuck right off!! 

52 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I love rugby union as a sport, never having played it or attended a rugby school.

But the Aviva / Leinster culture is repugnant. Atmosphere at the ground appalling / supporters a bunch of entitled gobshites.

Thankfully, Munster exists. Having lived for some years in Limerick, the culture around that club is much more tolerable.

I'm a Leinster fan, because I love rugby and I'm from the province, but Leinster fans are generally pretty embarrassing, it has to be said. I went to the European Cup quarter final where they played Ulster in the Aviva a few years back and the Ulster fans completely drowned out the home crowd. Most of the people there were more focused on getting their 'Heinomites' than actually watching the game.

No surprise the home atmosphere for Ireland games are terrible, it's usually this crowd who can only get their hands on tickets. 

Going to the Aviva or RDS is a good insight into what it must be like to be a Chelsea fan.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Fuck off Borthwick and appoint a progressive coach and there could be a lot better times further down the road. 

The thing is, his Leicester Tigers side was quite progressive when they won the title a few years back. I think that's the spell where Saracens had been demoted and others like Exeter, Northampton and Harlequins weren't quite consistent enough, so those factors might be a significant caveat, but I don't recall the Tigers having the disjointed look of this England side. At least this current England team didn't involve the double whammy of Farrell arguing with refs, and Smith getting ragdolled around the pitch.

27 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The thing is, his Leicester Tigers side was quite progressive when they won the title a few years back. I think that's the spell where Saracens had been demoted and others like Exeter, Northampton and Harlequins weren't quite consistent enough, so those factors might be a significant caveat, but I don't recall the Tigers having the disjointed look of this England side. At least this current England team didn't involve the double whammy of Farrell arguing with refs, and Smith getting ragdolled around the pitch.

I think it was the year after all the rule changes wasn't it? Having an experienced pack paid dividends for them, while it kind of undercut us (probably for the better long term, injuries were starting to take their toll anyway). 

Cutting out some of the handling errors would have made it a proper game yesterday, instead we played into their most dangerous two players' hands. Scotland played brilliantly, but that was lame from England. 

I don't really know what the issues are. I'd say a few of the bigger names never seem to carry the ball with much intensity (Itoje is a guaranteed pick, but when does he really do much more than recycle the ball through a short drive? Maybe the two Welsh lads Jenkins and Tshiunza have spoiled me at Exeter recently). Earl should be setting the benchmark for the whole pack. Yesterday Dan Cole seemed the second most energetic forward, you shouldn't be saying that at this point.

You know he'll be the one catching abuse in HYS as well...

We also need our wingers to push higher and challenge with a line-drive more. Mani will bring that, so would Hodge (from 15). I also think that Radwan deserves another chance (even with Falcon's form) as he'd bring some pure pace to the side and can break tackles. Daly's days on the wing should be over, he plays like a second full back and it leaves us so unbalanced. Great player, but 15 or, at a stretch, centre.

Anyway, on a separate note, Munster are ace. Always travel in numbers to Sandy Park and are a good laugh, win or lose.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I bet Bundee Aki and Mack Hansen smiled at that.

In fairness everyone does it, Scotland's hat trick hero yesterday is a Saffer by birth.

I've no issue with it what so ever, but what's the old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

• 2 weeks later...

Big let off for Ireland there. Right call, but lucky.

More annoyed at them not rolling away when we had the ball on the line on the other flank. If ever there's a situation where the ref should just blow, it's there.

Two great games of rugby today but fucking hell there's nearly more Southern Hemisphere born players competing in the 6 nations than Northern Hemisphere born players.  Its a fucking joke and all teams are (& have been) masively guilty of it.

England need to build on this result and performance, trust in a set of fantastic youngsters coming through and give them freedom to play.  This should be Ford's last tournament and some of the old guard need phasing out over the next 6-12 months as another 4 year cycle begins.  Hiccup for Ireland but they'll be fine and win the 6N.

Really good to see a resurgent Italy.  They've been chronic for a few years previously but young crop of talent is a lot lot better.  Should have beaten France and did well to come bck today against a good/confident Scotland team. 

• Upvote 2

On 25/02/2024 at 20:28, Josef Svejk said:

It was an honest mistake. Just happened to be true.

Not really though, his family is Nigerian-English. He has no Welsh family. Born and raised vs family, I guess. Plus the Welsh union have shot themselves in the foot recently, using the threat of deselection to tie players into academy-level contracts at the county sides. I doubt he'll have been that impressed watching the treatment Exeter clubmate Hawkins has got for wanting to make a living.

What the fuck was the commentator on about at the end, about Wales finishing above Italy thanks to a losing bonus point? Did he forget that Italy won the match and got 4 points anyway?

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

What the fuck was the commentator on about at the end, about Wales finishing above Italy thanks to a losing bonus point? Did he forget that Italy won the match and got 4 points anyway?

Yeah, I heard that as well. Didn't think it sounded right.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, I heard that as well. Didn't think it sounded right.

I think just as that last Welsh conversion went over he admitted he'd mixed things up and of course Wales were finishing bottom.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

30-31. That seemed like a long advantage - 33-31 now.

Yeah, thought that was a bit much. They gained about 20 metres before it went back. If you're going to treat it differently at the end of a game surely you should just give the pen and stop the clock...

Anyway, teams already starting to pick off the box kick tap backs and a team in need of more talented runners, and to cut out the mistakes. I'm starting to see signs of something, but borthwick needs to be bold to push the side forward.

• Upvote 1