You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 Nations 2024

Lee909

I want Scotland to lose their next 40 games so the tournament decide to replace us with some other country.

It's the fucking scourge of Edinburgh every February & March and it needs to fuck right off. Load of absolute fucking bollocks.

The sport itself is even worse than the badly dressed cunts who go to watch it, I saw a few minutes of the Scotland vs Wales game last week & never even saw the egg thing, it was just a load of fat bastards rolling about on the ground.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I want Scotland to lose their next 40 games so the tournament decide to replace us with some other country.

It's the fucking scourge of Edinburgh every February & March and it needs to fuck right off. Load of absolute fucking bollocks.

The sport itself is even worse than the badly dressed cunts who go to watch it, I saw a few minutes of the Scotland vs Wales game last week & never even saw the egg thing, it was just a load of fat bastards rolling about on the ground.

As if you weren't watching in your Mook-tartan kilt and singing Flower of Scotland lustily.

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

As if you weren't watching in your Mook-tartan kilt and singing Flower of Scotland lustily.

I was trying to eat my dirty haggis fries but it was on in the pub & doing my fucking head in.

Flower of Scotland is an embarrassing national anthem, just as an aside. Should be Caledonia.

Wasn't a classic, but both teams rebuilding so not a shock. Close, back-and-forth match is what you want in rugby, so no real complaints from me. Both sides better at disrupting the other than building a rhythm of their own. Scrappy.

A lot of backline talent missing for various reasons. Thought Ford let the chased down conversion affect him far too much. England's front line will badly need a refresh for the summer, but the likes of Marler and Cole are deservingly holding the shirts for now.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Hope you're wrong, suspect you're right.

He’s a suit the old farts at the RFU board like, that’s all. 

The missus was at a women in rugby conference at Welford Road last year and even RFU development coaches were taking the piss out of him. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mook said:

I was trying to eat my dirty haggis fries but it was on in the pub & doing my fucking head in.

Flower of Scotland is an embarrassing national anthem, just as an aside. Should be Caledonia.

Flower of Scotland is superb you fucking English cunt. 

Oh and Ireland are going to bum England at 'Twickers' and I can't wait. 

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Flower of Scotland is superb you fucking English cunt. 

There's nothing wrong with the song itself but having it as a national anthem is embarrassing.

We should have one about Scotland, not one about a battle with England.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this Ireland team incredibly tedious to watch. They win an inordinate amount of penalties for technical infringements and build from there. I appreciate that there's an art to playing this way (and I caveat this by saying I only have a passing interest in rugby union), but to me, it just makes for a shit spectacle to anyone other than rugby purists, or the Irish.

12 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I find this Ireland team incredibly tedious to watch. They win an inordinate amount of penalties for technical infringements and build from there. I appreciate that there's an art to playing this way (and I caveat this by saying I only have a passing interest in rugby union), but to me, it just makes for a shit spectacle to anyone other than rugby purists, or the Irish.

A lot depends on the opposition. Ireland has played entertaining games over the last year against France, South Africa, Scotland, and New Zealand. But they're efficient enough to win boring against the dross.

Regarding this game, Welsh defence and poor lineouts are preventing better attack. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Sorry @Mook, we're shite.

I don't even know the score, I'd rather poke my eyes out than watch that shite.

I will say today is the worst dressed I've seen Edinburgh city centre look in a good few years.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

They’re a damn sight fucking better to watch than England mate. 

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

They’re a damn sight fucking better to watch than England mate. 

Watching the paint dry on my skirting boards today would be better than watching England. Always liked the quick handling of Gatland's Wales of a few years ago - and to be honest, I have a soft spot for the adventurous way Italy play.

10 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Watching the paint dry on my skirting boards today would be better than watching England. Always liked the quick handling of Gatland's Wales of a few years ago - and to be honest, I have a soft spot for the adventurous way Italy play.

That’s very true, England are easily the worst to watch out of all the 6 Nations sides. 

I fucking hate Gatland, he’s a proper cunt and can’t give Wales any credit even if they sometimes deserve it. 

What I’d say about the Irish side is they can beat teams any way they like as JS said.

The opposition want an open running game, they’ll beat you. The opposition want to play a kicking game, they’ll beat you. 

This Irish side isn’t actually getting the credit it deserves, it’ll be interesting when Farrell comes to pick his Lions squad. 

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

That’s very true, England are easily the worst to watch out of all the 6 Nations sides. 

I fucking hate Gatland, he’s a proper cunt and can’t give Wales any credit even if they sometimes deserve it. 

What I’d say about the Irish side is they can beat teams any way they like as JS said.

The opposition want an open running game, they’ll beat you. The opposition want to play a kicking game, they’ll beat you. 

This Irish side isn’t actually getting the credit it deserves, it’ll be interesting when Farrell comes to pick his Lions squad. 

Don't get me wrong mate, the Ireland side are brilliant at what they do. I just think that sometimes it doesn't make for the best spectacle. If I'm going to watch union, I'd rather it was open and expansive rather than a technical exercise in who can draw the most penalties. That's why I'd rather watch Italy at times. At least they look like they're going for it, even if they can be quite naive defensively.

Not a great performance by England, but possibly the first green shoots showing from the younger guys. Hopefully the likes of the two Smiths, Feyi-Waboso, Freeman, Martin and Cunningham-South might make for an interesting side next season. Desperately need to decide on a centre pairing and stick to it, been pissing around changing it every game for about 5 years now, just forget about Tuilagi and make a decision.

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not a great performance by England, but possibly the first green shoots showing from the younger guys. Hopefully the likes of the two Smiths, Feyi-Waboso, Freeman, Martin and Cunningham-South might make for an interesting side next season. Desperately need to decide on a centre pairing and stick to it, been pissing around changing it every game for about 5 years now, just forget about Tuilagi and make a decision.

Fuck off Borthwick and appoint a progressive coach and there could be a lot better times further down the road. 

• Upvote 1

In Irish and just can't warm to the game at all. 

I think the main reason is because my Mrs watches it and goes to loads of Irish games. 

In fact yesterday was a complete roll reversal in equality. 

She left the house at 11am to watch that shite in town, I took the kids off to the park and what not. 

The Mrs arrives home at midnight, pissed, and with a curry in her hand. 

The only difference being, back in the 70s/80s. The man would have gotten himself a ride as well... 

I haven't been afforded that luxury in quite a while........... 

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

In Irish and just can't warm to the game at all. 

I think the main reason is because my Mrs watches it and goes to loads of Irish games. 

In fact yesterday was a complete roll reversal in equality. 

She left the house at 11am to watch that shite in town, I took the kids off to the park and what not. 

The Mrs arrives home at midnight, pissed, and with a curry in her hand. 

The only difference being, back in the 70s/80s. The man would have gotten himself a ride as well... 

I haven't been afforded that luxury in quite a while........... 

I love rugby union as a sport, never having played it or attended a rugby school.

But the Aviva / Leinster culture is repugnant. Atmosphere at the ground appalling / supporters a bunch of entitled gobshites.

Thankfully, Munster exists. Having lived for some years in Limerick, the culture around that club is much more tolerable.

• Upvote 1