You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - FA Cup 3rd Rnd, Sun 7th Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

47 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

On Arsenal Fan TV they are talking about a fullblown "crisis". Its bizarre. 

They seem to have a lot of fans who can't be realistic about where they are.

It is either 'we are gonna sweep all before us and so we should because we are the best' or 'we are a disgrace and it is a joke we aren't winning every game'

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Merit-wise Arsenal could have been 30 nil up at the break.

He'll be insisting on style points being awarded to Arsenal next. It's kind of about putting the ball in the net......Kai Havertz etc.

56 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

4th round draw prediction

Manchester City vs Maidstone

Manchester United vs Wrexham 

Everton vs Liverpool 

No chance. United will get an easy one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll never understand that 'I'm not arsed about us winning the cup' attitude. 

2 of the best days I've ever had were the 01 cup final and the Carroll semi against the shite.

I doubt many of the 7000 there today would have walked out,feeling too disappointed .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

We hit the bar twice, they hit it once. 

The OG also doesn’t count as a shot. 

They had 18 shots, 5 on target.
We had 12 shots, 3 on target.

Include the crossbar and the OG, as on target and it's:

Arse

18 shots, 6 on target.

Liverpool 

13 shots, 6 on target.

Were their chances any better than ours? 

They had 54% possession. Not exactly dominant there either. They started well, turned us over high up the pitch a couple of times but didn’t really test Alisson from them. After that, the game was even and we definitely had the better chances in the second half.

Toothless v Ruthless

Screenshot_20240107_221510_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'll never understand that 'I'm not arsed about us winning the cup' attitude. 

2 of the best days I've ever had were the 01 cup final and the Carroll semi against the shite.

I doubt many of the 7000 there today would have walked out,feeling too disappointed .

There's two sides to this though, I'm sure all of us were absolutely delighted with that win today & will be over the moon if we win the FA Cup.

The problem is, we don't have a big squad & last time we went deep in both cups, we lost out on the big two trophies (possibly as a result) & it completely fucked us for the next 12 months.

The FA Cup was devalued the moment the mancs got a pass 20 years ago or whenever it was, then they started fucking about with the KO times for the final etc. It isn't what it was.

• Upvote 4