You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Crystal Palace 1 Liverpool 2 - Match Reaction

tlw content

Another come from behind win from the Reds sent them to the top of the Premier League after a Harvey Elliott strike capped a late fightback to sink plucky Palace at Selhust Park on a day when Mo Salah claimed his 200th goal for the club.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by John Gallagher and Paul Natton to look back on yet another game where Klopp's 'Mentality Monsters" somehow found a way to get the job done despite being far from their best.

View full article

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

The John Walters part was so good.

Expertly told by Dave, 

John with the mother's indignant rage over the perceived slight of her boy by Walters

The teacher in Paul coming out at the end with "alright lads we've had our laugh now, let's rein it in"

Brilliant. An all time great segment on the pod.

• Upvote 5

"This shows exactly the narrative of most of the BT/TNT games. Sky get first and second choice so it is rare that the 12:30 Saturday game is two top 6 teams playing against each other. Instead, they pick one where a relative minnow are at home to a big team, who are usually after a midweek European game, or after an international week. 

The build-up and commentary will be based around a potential slip-up for Goliath and the pluckiness of David. They must think that this will attract fans of the other big teams to tune in and enjoy the hope of an upset. Maybe it does, but it is torture to listen to for the fan of the big team playing. 

Jermaine fucking Jenas extolling the virtues of average defenders making a block or him tut-tutting a misplaced pass by players who are a mile better than he ever was, and who have had careers that he only dreamed of, is ear aids. 

Afterwards, if they get their wish and a draw or even a defeat for the giant is treated one of the great days of British sport. However, if the top 6 team do get the win, most opposition supporters have tuned out since the opening goal, so they flip the switch and tell us how great the winners are, and they could win the title this year. 

Just get Ally McCoist and a few other positive people, who actually like football, and don’t fucking adore themselves, in to commentate/discuss the game and players, on their merits. It isn't rocket science. 

I fucking hate 12:30 kick-offs but the TV experience is fucking putrid"

I posted the above in the Sheff U thread and it was very similar yesterday. 

Replace "JJ" with "Fletch" and the little team being robbed narrative, continuing into the after-match commentary and it is bang on. 

TNT - What a bunch of bollox

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I hope Mo doesn't listen in. Pure disrespect, 2nd is a certainty. I don't think first is out of the question, 16 more this season leaves him 130 behind. He will play for another 5 or 6 years, it's not unlikely imo.

Depends on how long he wants to stay at Liverpool. I can see that in a couple of years a last massive payout would be good for him and the club.

Regardless, he's cemented his place as a legend will be this generations' Hunt or Rush.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:52, Chris said:

The John Walters part was so good.

Expertly told by Dave, 

John with the mother's indignant rage over the perceived slight of her boy by Walters

The teacher in Paul coming out at the end with "alright lads we've had our laugh now, let's rein it in"

Brilliant. An all time great segment on the pod.

Just brilliantly brilliant... I always save the weekend pods for my long run on a Monday and when Dave started telling that story, I literally had to stop because that was some seriously funny shit!! I was so gutted that I missed out on this in real time when the tweets were being sent!!!

Bravo Squire! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, No2 said:

I hope Mo doesn't listen in. Pure disrespect, 2nd is a certainty. I don't think first is out of the question, 16 more this season leaves him 130 behind. He will play for another 5 or 6 years, it's not unlikely imo.

I agree that he'll get 2nd IF he decides to stay and end his career here.. I can't see him getting past Rushie though. Add the 16 you've said this season, he would then need to score a minimum of 20 goals per season for the next 6 1/2 seasons.. at which time he would be 38 years old!

1 hour ago, navbasi said:

I agree that he'll get 2nd IF he decides to stay and end his career here.. I can't see him getting past Rushie though. Add the 16 you've said this season, he would then need to score a minimum of 20 goals per season for the next 6 1/2 seasons.. at which time he would be 38 years old!

I calculate Rush scored 67 goals from the age Mo is now. Mo will play another 5.5 years, if he chooses to and I think I will.

• dave u unpinned this topic