You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Utd (A) - Wed 6th Dec 2023 (7:30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nice for Kelleher to make an excellent early save and have a much improved all round game also. We certainly dont like doing things easy.

I said that watching. The big save was followed pretty quickly by a strong catch of a long throw, which was good to get under his belt early too.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Sounds daft after they got pumped by Burnley at the weekend but wilder came in played a young team and was happy to be 1 down with 5 to go and get an equaliser or an improvement loss.

We are too hard on ourselves sometimes Arsenal last night conceded 3 to Luton and it was a champions performance to get the win we would have picked the team apart for that performance. 

Let's just pick up the points and see where we are come April/May

City just about won there too. We just need to pick up three points at these places, so if we do drop points at say a Villa, it isn't too damaging. Palace is always a potential doghouse for us,  but they seem to be missing a few. Just pick up the three points and get ready for a festive stuffing of the Mancs next week.

I didn't see the game but seems like plenty to be happy about. 

Such a pity about Joel. Huge loss for the season. 

Well in, Klopp - that knobhead presenter wouldn't try that shite with that little weirdo at abu dhabi or that clown in charge of the mancs....so Klopp is dead on to treat him how he did.....prick still had to push the narrative at end too after Klopp left 'it is all part and parcel'.....well yeah i suppose it is thanks to your employers....

How about you start to talk about it sensibly though and how it is so badly done....

This saudi arabia v mancs game was moved from 1230 last week as rules state if teams are away in europe on a weds they can't play at 1230 on sat...

But our players can be involved in Weds international shite in South America etc and get a 12:30 kick off after every break so far this season.... And we last night play at 7.30 away on Weds night in the league and get 12:30 kick off on Sat with a trip to London.

Yeah - let's laugh at Klopp over being pissed off about that and the obvious issues it causes him/his team.

Glad he shut that nobhead down, after this early kickoff we are on something like 15 or 16 x 12:30 starts since 2016-17, the next nearest teams are just about half but quickly reaching near enough a third of that count for early kick offs, it's absolutely nuts that its allowed to continue and absolutely no wonder he's far from happy about it, no doubt will be billed as 'look at Klopp moaning about fixtures again' though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Here’s the clip of Jurgen treating the  presenter like a knobhead. Which he was.

Mad, they just don't have any awareness of the actual issue. 

Bit like the winter timetable, complain and people will make out modern football is soft (which it is tbf), but the calendar was arranged this was because they anticipated postponements during this part of the year. In the older days they usually didn't even play all these games.

Postponements hardly ever happen these days, yet the demand to play all these games is still there and there's not even the leighway to spread them out again as the calendar is so fucked.

• Upvote 1

Ask me on Boxing Day what the main highlights of last nights game were and I'll struggle to remember the score. We won and we won't have to think about Sheffield United until we pump them at Anfield. 

Surprised at criticism of the ref on here, I thought he was fair. He allowed a few heavy challenges, but for both sides, which is all you can ask. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ask me on Boxing Day what the main highlights of last nights game were and I'll struggle to remember the score. We won and we won't have to think about Sheffield United until we pump them at Anfield. 

Surprised at criticism of the ref on here, I thought he was fair. He allowed a few heavy challenges, but for both sides, which is all you can ask. 

He's a bit crap. I was comparing him to Moss for his field position, but I agree he was at least consistent today. If he'd called either of those fouls I'd have been much more annoyed, but he didn't. 

But annoyed he didn't book the guy that hit Mac with his studs, was a worse challenge than Jones'.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

I saw this on the early kick-offs yesterday.

The numbers I have seen before have been a lot worse. 

https://x.com/basstunedtored/status/1732518024538694035?s=61&t=ZxLfrNJJOY-MQIKLBIpr2w

IMG_9551.jpeg

Last time I saw the numbers it said liverpool 14 12:30 kick offs and the next highest side was only 6.

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

But annoyed he didn't book the guy that hit Mac with his studs, was a worse challenge than Jones'.

I agree on his physical limitations.

I think the Mac one is either a red or nothing, depending on whether you assessed it was an accident or deliberate. It was VAR'd I think and they went with the former. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Last time I saw the numbers it said liverpool 14 12:30 kick offs and the next highest side was only 6.

59 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

14 - 6 is over a shorter period I think.

I think that's 12:30 kick offs after international breaks (and maybe midweek games) too.

• Upvote 2