You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The more see that Ederson foul today the worse the call and failure to correct it gets.

Forget the debate about whether the forward was heading towards goal or not - it is serious foul play anyway....

"Serious foul play" is a sending-off offence anywhere on the pitch and is defined as when a player "lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent".

7 hours ago, an tha said:

The more see that Ederson foul today the worse the call and failure to correct it gets.

Forget the debate about whether the forward was heading towards goal or not - it is serious foul play anyway....

"Serious foul play" is a sending-off offence anywhere on the pitch and is defined as when a player "lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent".

Don’t worry, Dopey Dermot will be along tomorrow to explain in clear , concise and non-contradictory fashion how the officials made the right call, and why the rest of us are wrong. 

13 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

How is that not a red card for Ederson?

Absolute bullshit.

I half watched motd with the sound off while I had a brew at my parents house on my way home from a Xmas curry with mates, so I’ve only seen it once with not discussion at all, but I think it looked a yellow. 

the players touch is taking him away from goal, and the ball is running fast away from him.

if not fouled he almost certainly keeps possession in a wide area near the byline. 

Id be furious if that was s red card for my player.

• Upvote 1

I watched the rest of motd at home with sound and the way Danny morphs speaks drives me up the wall.

there has been a huge movement in the last several years in the way people on tv - and it’s drifted into normal life since as a result - pronounce soft “u” sounds as soft “o” sounds. 

i think it’s to sound clearer to American audiences but I might be making that up, but whatever the reason, it’s happening. Murphy was the first I ever noticed and for a long while I thought it was him trying to sound a bit cockney as he throws to define himself as a spurs legend for a little while to get more tv work.

it’s so jarring with him because it’s not all of the soft “u” sounding words he changes, but the ones he does sound so ridiculous.

I’ve mentioned this to a number of people and nobody has ever had a clue what I’ve been in about but here it is.

the sending off in the wolves game.

does - “u” sound - no change 

trouble - “u” sound - no change

“bom”

5 hours ago, Bob said:

I half watched motd with the sound off while I had a brew at my parents house on my way home from a Xmas curry with mates, so I’ve only seen it once with not discussion at all, but I think it looked a yellow. 

the players touch is taking him away from goal, and the ball is running fast away from him.

if not fouled he almost certainly keeps possession in a wide area near the byline. 

Id be furious if that was s red card for my player.

It was dangerous, serious foul play.

It is a red card all day IMO and i'd wager if it happened in middle of park it would be a red card.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was dangerous, serious foul play.

It is a red card all day IMO and i'd wager if it happened in middle of park it would be a red card.

I only saw it briefly but it didn’t look it to me. It looked like a very late tackle which wiped out the player. 

No point arguing as I’ve not seen it enough to be sure and I don’t care if I’m right or not, but I was expecting it to be a lot more obviously a stone wall red than what I saw based on what I’d read here.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

I only saw it briefly but it didn’t look it to me. It looked like a very late tackle which wiped out the player. 

No point arguing as I’ve not seen it enough to be sure and I don’t care if I’m right or not, but I was expecting it to be a lot more obviously a stone wall red than what I saw based on what I’d read here.

For me he comes sliding in, takes the player out high up on the shin with a lot of force - to me that constitutes serious foul play.

As you say no point arguing - but for my money he should walk for it.