You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 3 sides that came up this season must be collectively just about the worst 3 in many, many a year if not ever.

Don't know if any stattos have the lowest combined points totals for the promoted clubs in a season, but these 3 must be pushing to be right down there.

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

The 3 sides that came up this season must be collectively just about the worst 3 in many, many a year if not ever.

Don't know if any stattos have the lowest combined points totals for the promoted clubs in a season, but these 3 must be pushing to be right down there.

Call me Statto. I've nowt better to do on  Saturday.

The lowest total for the promoted teams since the creation of the Premier League is actually 72 in 1995/96. However, there were only 2 promoted teams that season as they'd taken it down from 22 to teams to 20 that season.

The lowest for 3 promoted teams is 85 in 2007/08 - Sunderland, Birmingham and Derby were the 3 promoted teams that season, and Derby only got 11 points (still the lowest in PL history to date).

25 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Call me Statto. I've nowt better to do on  Saturday.

The lowest total for the promoted teams since the creation of the Premier League is actually 72 in 1995/96. However, there were only 2 promoted teams that season as they'd taken it down from 22 to teams to 20 that season.

The lowest for 3 promoted teams is 85 in 2007/08 - Sunderland, Birmingham and Derby were the 3 promoted teams that season, and Derby only got 11 points (still the lowest in PL history to date).

Just to add to this, I've worked out the points per game earned.

1995/96 Bolton and Middlesborough averaged 0.95 points per game.

2007/08 Sunderland, Birmingham and Derby averaged 0.75 points per game.

2023/24 Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton are currently averaging 0.50 points per game.

Bloody woeful.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I can't believe the average per game is that low.

They've a decent chance of all beating Derby's 11 points, but I still think it will be a record low total for the 3 of them together.

I can't see any of them getting much over 20....so i'd say around 70 max between the 3

If and is still a massive If City hit the wall like we did last season due to fatigue,injuries and maybe complacency after winning a treble then it really does open the league up for Jurgen’s unconvincing reds as fighting Arteta’s Arsenal just not the same as fighting a whole oil sport washing regime