You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

Played alright in spells, but a couple of times he looked every inch of his 5ft1 frame being dispossessed.  If he could get his shooting boots on that would be helpful as well. 

I've not been overly convinced by him, he's got flashes of class about him but don't know if he's a bit of a "no position" player.  Like Lallana but gets subburnt more easily. 

After a poor start he played pretty well today. 

Pretty sure the stats will show that he won more than his fair share of duels as well. Funny how some people seem to be more worried about the height or size of a player, rather than how many duels they actually win. He’s brilliant in the 50/50s, an expert at muscling the ball of the opponent. Just like Bernardo Silva did a couple of times against Richarlison recently. 

I thought Jones was our best midfielder today, but none of them played well.  MacAllister had a truly awful start to the game, improved in the second half but was still shrugged off the ball easily up the pitch  leading to them missing an easy chance right in front of goal.  On an afternoon where none of our players did themselves justice, he didn’t stand out.  Gomez was probably our best player today, simply by dint of making fewer errors than the rest

He's not a lone holding midfielder, and we looked considerably better in the second half when Jones went into the double pivot, until the subs fucked everything up again. Definitely not laying any of the blame for today on him.

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I actually thought he was our best player today, and by a country mile. Lucho gave a third account of himself. The rest where muck. 

But I'm quite happy with macallisters form the past few weeks, he's definitely easing into the job a bit more than the earlier in the season

Yeah..that was a tough midfield to play in today. In fact it wasn't just about the midfield. The forwards too as nothing stuck to them and there was no ball in behind to stretch the play. 

• 3 weeks later...

He is a very intelligent footballer. Great positioning, excellent overview and great passing through the lines. Also very competitive in the challenges, which I love.

Main weakness is pace and mobility, which means he’ll never be perfect for the 8 position in a Klopp team. Endo’s got the same weaknesses, and I reckon playing them together will never be ideal. To me they’re two good DMs, and one of them can also play as an 8.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I thought he had an excellent game yesterday until he tired towards the end. 

A mate of mine told me something the other day that blew my mind, Macca is younger than Trent. How the fuck can that be right? But it absolutely is. 

Endo is the only guy we have bought in the last few years who is older that Trent.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

A mate of mine told me something the other day that blew my mind, Macca is younger than Trent. How the fuck can that be right? But it absolutely is. 

Paper round in the Patagonian Desert. 

Much prefer him outside the DM role.

Smart, sharp, energetic midfielder who is the natural evolution from what Gigi gave us. 

Can really run a football match when in the two other midfield roles.

• 4 weeks later...