You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Wed 1st Mar 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I think you’ll find Robbo was being rested precisely for the Manure game. As well as Cody. I’d be surprised if Kostas starts.

I personally wouldn't start either at the weekend - but i fully expect us to.

For me winning teams (injuries aside) should be given chance to go again - especially when a team is like we have been constantly making numerous changes game to game....it is a big reason we look disjointed so much - constant change.....often enforced to be fair, but team is so unsettled.

• Upvote 1

The thing that gets me about Tierney - he's one of those refs who seems to let one foul go by one team, then soon after gives a foul for the other team. No real difference, except that he seems to add up fouls regardless of who is committing them. It's really weird. Wolves would tackle our player, then we'd tackle theirs, very similar, but he'd give the second. It's as if he thinks it's the same player but in a different strip. I know fans can be biased, but he does this every single time I see him ref. A really, really, odd ref. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Only saw little bits tonight but seeing absolutely fuck all reason why we are interested in Wolves Nunes

Thought the same when he came off.  He did one good thing where our players couldn’t be bothered to tackle him apart from that he offered zero.  He’s been pretty anonymous in the other 4000 games we’ve played Wolves this season.

27 minutes ago, J-V said:

Thought the same when he came off.  He did one good thing where our players couldn’t be bothered to tackle him apart from that he offered zero.  He’s been pretty anonymous in the other 4000 games we’ve played Wolves this season.

An anonymous midfielder....?

He gets us!!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Only saw little bits tonight but seeing absolutely fuck all reason why we are interested in Wolves Nunes

I thought he looked good in the 2 Anfield games. Retains the ball under pressure and finds a team mate. That's in a defensive side, Klopp would definitely make a player out of him.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

I personally wouldn't start either at the weekend - but i fully expect us to.

For me winning teams (injuries aside) should be given chance to go again - especially when a team is like we have been constantly making numerous changes game to game....it is a big reason we look disjointed so much - constant change.....often enforced to be fair, but team is so unsettled.

You’re not wrong.

6 hours ago, Code said:

Scored his 20th goal for us this season tonight.

I could easily explain why we dont click going forward at the moment, it should be obvious for everyone. 

But looking at this thread it obviously isnt. 

Having a left back who keeps his head when in the penalty area was a big help too.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, gkmacca said:

The thing that gets me about Tierney - he's one of those refs who seems to let one foul go by one team, then soon after gives a foul for the other team. No real difference, except that he seems to add up fouls regardless of who is committing them. It's really weird. Wolves would tackle our player, then we'd tackle theirs, very similar, but he'd give the second. It's as if he thinks it's the same player but in a different strip. I know fans can be biased, but he does this every single time I see him ref. A really, really, odd ref. 

He's either out of his depth. Or a cheat. I sometimes struggle to choose which.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

No he is just shite , like many of his fellow refs

32 minutes ago, A Red said:

Neves, a snarling in your face midfielder that can pass tackle and shoot and a leader. Much better bet than Nunes.

All I saw was a beardy whiner, crying to the ref at every opportunity.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

He's being paid as a 35 - 40 goal-a-season player

He’s always missed chances but now he’s not getting as many due to our well documented midfield problems plus, it’s not the end of the season yet. 

5 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

No he is just shite , like many of his fellow refs

Interestingly though, he’s at his most shite when refereeing our matches, and his shiteness invariably favours our opponents. Who can forget his performance at Spurs last season, which arguably denied us 2 points which would have made a BIG difference.  

2 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Interestingly though, he’s at his most shite when refereeing our matches, and his shiteness invariably favours our opponents. Who can forget his performance at Spurs last season, which arguably denied us 2 points which would have made a BIG difference.  

Yip and his explanation why he never gave the pen. Should have been sacked just for that.

47 minutes ago, A Red said:

Neves, a snarling in your face midfielder that can pass tackle and shoot and a leader. Much better bet than Nunes.

Bangs in a world class goal from distance a few times a season too. He's quite pedestrian though.