You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

54 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

How can anyone who doesn't work in football answer that question? I don't know what clubs are thinking. A lot of people don't know what they're doing.

He was one of the best players in France, Brazilian international, mid 20's, and had a pretty reasonable fee.

I know, that's my point in a way.

Not one of the big six clubs had him on their radar, Newcastle weren't interested either. Clearly these clubs had doubts over some aspect of him and or his ability to play in the Premier League. He's had to prove himself at West Ham first in order to attract a big move.

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

They have a sell on clause but Southampton could still ask for £50m or £100m. Doesn’t mean they’ll get it like, but I don’t see why it’s restricted to 40m if City buy him. Am I missing something?

Gossip has it that they have a buy back and a sell on clause. 

Beginning to believe that Caciedo does not have a release clause otherwise Chelsea would have triggered it.

Chelsea have bid what, three times now?  80m for a player who has consistently been valued at 100 mil by the selling club is no different than we have done with Lavia. They might walk away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I wonder if this is linked to Colwill.

We seemingly wanted him, but didn’t want to piss off Chelsea. He’s now staying, we’ve been making moves for Lavia, we’ve potentially had a word that Caicedo is potentially obtainable, now we don’t need to keep Chelsea sweet so are going all in? 

I know there is a lot of hypotheticals there. 

giphy (12).gif

Like most of our dealings this summer or lack of it makes no sense. I can only thing that were trying to make it look like we were stalling on Lavia all along when we stop being cheap cunts and pay the figure Southampton are asking for

I dont really understand Chelseas strategy with DMs, especially younger ones which is why I feel the Lavia bid may have come from them hearing we were scouting interest in Caicedo...

They signed 19 year old Lesley Ugochukwu this window and have 19 year old Andrey Santos in January that both are supposedly DMs, im fairly sure they also have another young lad who is versatile and can play DM they are loaning to Palace to, it just doesnt make sense they then want to sign Lavia for the money Southampton want if they plan on getting in Adams and Caicedo in as well.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Transfermarkt have his value at 13m.

We paid 20 for him 3 years ago - would you say given what has happened over last 3 years his value has gone up?

The wage bill has been slashed extensively already, we have no midfield as it is, especially top class, experienced and has already played under Klopp midfielders. What the fuck are we going to do with another £10m in this market? 

He is far more valuable than £10m to us. Fuck the bean counting, we need to spend. Now. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Tenfolder said:

I dont really understand Chelseas strategy with DMs, especially younger ones which is why I feel the Lavia bid may have come from them hearing we were scouting interest in Caicedo...

They signed 19 year old Lesley Ugochukwu this window and have 19 year old Andrey Santos in January that both are supposedly DMs, im fairly sure they also have another young lad who is versatile and can play DM they are loaning to Palace to, it just doesnt make sense they then want to sign Lavia for the money Southampton want if they plan on getting in Adams and Caicedo in as well.

They will loan the 2 kids out and then sell them for about 30m each down line.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The wage bill has been slashed extensively already, we have no midfield as it is, especially top class, experienced and has already played under Klopp midfielders. What the fuck are we going to do with another £10m in this market? 

He is far more valuable than £10m to us. Fuck the bean counting, we need to spend. Now. 

No he isn't.

He is leaving at end of season anyway and of course in the meantime will hardly play.

He'll cost us 10m in wages too in that time.

I think 12m or so and his wages better used elsewhere is a good deal for us.

The problem is the likely failure to build depth we need with his and other exits - so we'll probably end up letting him see his contract out and get next to sod all again out of him.

1 hour ago, bossy said:

They have a sell on clause but Southampton could still ask for £50m or £100m. Doesn’t mean they’ll get it like, but I don’t see why it’s restricted to 40m if City buy him. Am I missing something?

Because Southampton are broadcasting to everyone they want 50m and have all summer. So you're right, they could say to city, we'll take 50m off Liverpool but we want 100m from you. But of course they wouldn't. Because the deal worked for them (aside from relegation) and they would want to keep a working relationship with city. 

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

No he isn't.

He is leaving at end of season anyway and of course in the meantime will hardly play.

He'll cost us 10m in wages too in that time.

I think 12m or so and his wages better used elsewhere is a good deal for us.

The problem is the likely failure to build depth we need with his and other exits - so we'll probably end up letting him see his contract out and get next to sod all again out of him.

I guess we'll see who the club agrees with, before this transfer window I would have been very sure of myself on this but we seem to be sniffing glue this window. 

Out of curiosity, who are we buying for £10m in this market that's better than Thiago? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Out of curiosity, who are we buying for £10m in this market that's better than Thiago? 

If we're not going to play him every week then we should let him go. 

He's beautiful, kids should be enjoying him playing every week, if he goes to Saudi he'd be amazing at that tempo, it's be a crime to prevent the world watching him just play for fun.  

Edited by Colonel Bumcunt