You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

32 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Kane will be waiting to go to Utd on a free next summer. Either that, or he sees an even more lucrative opportunity to take the Saudi coin.

He could go to Newcastle, earn a fat wedge, and beat Shearer's record.

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

20% of 50m is 10m. If we bid 50m, Southampton get what city can pay next summer. Or now. 

He's saying it's 20% of any profit (I have no idea if that's true though) made so if we buy at £50m, they have made a £38m profit, 20% of that is £7.6m going to Man City. 

• Upvote 1

Why would Bayern be making all these bids if they didn't think Kane was interested? Was Kane using Bayern's interest to get himself a bigger contract at Spurs? If he turns down this move, he really would have shown himself as someone with zero ambition. He isn't getting any younger, wasting yet another season without winning anything is pathetic. 

Just now, Baltar said:

Why would Bayern be making all these bids if they didn't think Kane was interested? Was Kane using Bayern's interest to get himself a bigger contract at Spurs? If he turns down this move, he really would have shown himself as someone with zero ambition. He isn't getting any younger, wasting yet another season without winning anything is pathetic. 

Maybe he took Michael Owen’s advice.

55 minutes ago, Dundalis said:

The other thing people are forgetting is City's 20% sell on clause. Which is 20% of the profit made on Lavia. So they bought him for like 10m. If we buy him for 50m, City get 8m, so Southampton are only getting 42m. Which would only be a 2m profit on what they could get from City next year. The 50m request is basically to barely more than cover that potential fee due to sell on clause. It literally makes zero sense for them to even sell for like 45m, because they would actually receive less than 40.

I think its pretty wild to assume that City would use their buy-back, they let him go just last summer and brought in Kalvin Phillips. Even if saints won the championship and he was the best player in the league then it would still be unlikely that they would go shopping in the championship, their fans wouldn't be having it. Top in the fact they already have Rodri, Phillips and Kovacic, I can't see it happening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why do you think city would want him? If they wanted him, would they let him join us? They have a 20% sell on clause. Effectively if they bid 40m today, it's the same as us paying 50m. City don't give 2 fucks about Lavia and are laughing their nuts off that they're about to get another 10m

20% of 50m is 10m. If we bid 50m, Southampton get what city can pay next summer. Or now. 

He's a Southampton player I don't think City can stop them selling to us.

I don't necessarily think City will want him next year but I think Southampton think there's a good chance they might.  If he's good enough for us to pay £40m plus then you have to think there's a player there.  City could even buy him (once the clause kicks in) and loan him out, possibly back to Southampton.