You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) - Tue 10th May (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I really do not want Gerrard as our manager.  Love him has a player. As a manager he can fuck off.

Same even at Rangers they played some shit football at times and a few games I've seen of Villa they've been shite. He's still learning  tho so maybe his style gets better with experience 

Just now, waddy78 said:

Same even at Rangers they played some shit football at times and a few games I've seen of Villa they've been shite. He's still learning  tho so maybe his style gets better with experience 

He'll be sacked before the end of next Season

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Salah literally worst player on the pitch since he came on. Wtf. 

He is obviously fucked. Long season, 100,000 mins at the AFCON and then then losing it. He needs a massive rest. I got laughed at and called a knee jerker a few months back for saying he needs a few weeks out. 

Not his fault, all the inhalers in the world can sustain that workload.

That was sheer torture.

I just hope no one is badly injured after playing that bunch of shites. If Gerrard had seen teammates roll around like that he would have been appalled. Even as a short term tactic, what he encourages them to do is pretty pathetic.

Brilliant goal from Mane, who also popped up on the right quite often and, amazingly, seemed to remember what to do there. Who'd've thunk it?

Trent suddenly seems to have the temperament of a youngster. He was blasting in rash crosses and hopeful long balls in the 50th minute! Second game in a row. He needs to regain some composure.

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Honestly not looking forward to any more of our games. We've gone stale as fuck. It was like last season's turgid shite. They're all understandably knackered.

Worst post of the year fella, if you can't enjoy this ride give it up.

• Upvote 4

Not for the first time this season I’m thinking, lets just move on and forget this. 

testament to the mentality of the team that we can pull results out of sloppy performances but we dont half make hard work of it at times. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Well that was a lot more difficult than it had to be but 3 points is 3 points and we're still in it with City having their two biggest tests of their run in coming next. If Villa are as up for it against them as they were for us they might get something themselves.

Villa won’t put in half the effort they put in against us.

That’ll do. It would have been nice to improve the goal difference but the win was the main thing. 

We did well to keep our heads after the early setback of conceding and grew into the game. A few sticky spells in the second half. Thiago changed the game. We keep the ball better and seem to control the pace of the game more with him dictating from midfield. 

Salah is a puzzle at the moment. He couldn’t really complain if he stayed on the bench. He’s been poor, by his standards, of late and was quite sloppy when he came on today too. 

On a final note, I can’t stand Villa. Their fans moaning about Moss was funny. He wasn’t great by any means but that applied for both teams. Saying that, I can’t really recall anything that he got wrong that Villa can moan about. Maybe not booking Fabinho. But, Douglas Luis should’ve been booked for a deliberate handball too.