You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

23 minutes ago, Red74 said:

One of the clearest comments klopp has ever made on transfers. Dispells the myth all he has to do is ask for the money and FSG will make it available. But pretty much as I thought it was, he's ok working within a tight budget and if that means he has to make do, even if he'd prefer to spend, he'll make do.

It's hard to believe how little money we have to spend mind. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

One of the clearest comments klopp has ever made on transfers. Dispells the myth all he has to do is ask for the money and FSG will make it available. But pretty much as I thought it was, he's ok working within a tight budget and if that means he has to make do, even if he'd prefer to spend, he'll make do.

Literally not a single person thinks this.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Except people say it all the time on here and have for years. 

People say he's generally content, which is proven by the fact he's signing new contracts, not that we can get any player he might want at any time

Also, he's said a variation of what he says there loads of times over the years. It's nothing new at all.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

People say he's generally content, which is proven by the fact he's signing new contracts, not that we can get any player he might want at any time

Also, he's said a variation of what he says there loads of times over the years. It's nothing new at all.

Did I say he wasn't content? Or did I say "he's  ok working within a tight budget and if that means he has to make do, even if he'd prefer to spend, he'll make do"

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did I say he wasn't content? Or did I say "he's  ok working within a tight budget and if that means he has to make do, even if he'd prefer to spend, he'll make do"

You said there's "this myth", which no one who has paid attention to the club over the past 10 years believes. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

And that isn't what the previous poster said either.  But if you think that it's not been said on here many many times that if Klopp identified a player who was available then FSG would provide the funds, then you haven't been paying attention.

That myth has been dispelled.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

And that isn't what the previous poster said either.  But if you think that it's not been said on here many many times that if Klopp identified a player who was available then FSG would provide the funds, then you haven't been paying attention.

That myth has been dispelled.

The key word there being available, which people have no way of knowing anyway.

Is he fucks content, he is literally saying he would ideally want another midfielder but has been told we have no money. How much more direct do you expect him to be? Klopp is never going to out the owners because a) they employ him and b) he wants to retain harmony around the club and absolutely hates being In the headlines. 

if he is content, it means he doesn’t care about winning, and if that’s the case then he is as culpable as the owners. I don’t think this is true though. But for those who are acting like he is all good with these constraints, that is what you are saying. 

I think Klopp values his autonomy on the footballing side of things and thinks the devil he doesn’t know is an owner like the Glazers, where Varanes and Ronaldo’s are foisted upon him. But if he had the chance to buy a midfielder he would do it in a fucking heartbeat. 

Which takes us back home - why the fuck do we not have any money? 

We pretty much break even every year with buying and selling so the much improved revenue both commercially and whats won on the pitch in terms of prize money especially the champions league, why are we constantly broke, wheeling and dealing scraping around to find cash to buy players. We have a generational manager, a current icon and we are making his job harder not easier. He's not a cheque book manager but it's clear he needs and wants options. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Agree. They are super fortunate that he doesn't have the ego of a normal brilliant manager. 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's got to have an impact on the players. If the owners can't be fucked to back the manager then why should they run through brick walls for Klopp. We are in deep shit this year

I’m convinced that knocked the stuffing out of them in 2020-21. Top on Boxing Day in spite of the injuries, but just seemed deflated and defeated when it became clear there was no plan to reenforce when the window opened.

People will be complaining and questioning Klopp if we scrape top four this season, but the reality is that it will be an outstanding success relative to resources and the fact almost everyone around us has strengthened dramatically. Squad-wise, we’re weaker in almost every area than we were last season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Just tell FSG, no additional midfielders, no silverware this season, therefore no additional profit for them. 

They're not arsed. The aim is top 4, everything else is no more than a bonus. Which sadly doesn't even filter down into available funds. Just look at last season, how much must the club have made having runs to 3 cup finals and finishing 2nd in the league. They just want to ensure they're in the big league, which is why they were instigators of the ESL. 

I am a little surprised with what Klopp said but not too much. But it does explain why he is reluctant to bin Keita. 

Hogan was prepping for this the other day when he said "when we truly realise Nike's sponsorship deal....blah blah".....its always about next summer, next transfer window....and they get away with it. 

26 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am a little surprised with what Klopp said but not too much. But it does explain why he is reluctant to bin Keita.

Who would buy Keita and how much for?

I don't know Klopp's thinking but if Keita leaving brought in hardly any money and therefore could not be replaced, I'd rather keep him to use when necessary.  "Make do and mend" is the situation with our midfield and if we lose one of the patches that becomes even harder.

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Hogan was prepping for this the other day when he said "when we truly realise Nike's sponsorship deal....blah blah".....its always about next summer, next transfer window....and they get away with it. 

Isn't this the 3rd year with Nike? How long do they need? Sounds to me like they've fucked up.