You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You sound like one of these "hard, old school" old guys that no one likes.

Hey! Think of my feelings, wiil you? Depressed enough with tonight's result without being told that members of an internet site don't 'lilke' me. I'm going to worry about it all night now. Thanks, you callous bastard!

19 minutes ago, lebron said:

You might just be the most boring, repetitive poster on any football forum out there. 

Even Rashid had more variance to his posts. You and Stringvest seem to thrive on bashing one of the most important players on one of our best teams ever, and it's really fucking annoying. It's also completely bonkers from a footballing/team perspective.

Can't be arsed with your endless agenda-driven crap any more. On ignore you go. 

One of the most important players? Are we back in 2017?

There's only a title to be won if City drop their level in the second half of the season or we win 18 of the last 19. It's not over but it's increasingly unlikely.

Our ruthless edge of two years ago has gone. We don't kill teams as often in the moments we have the opportunities to do it and don't manage games well when in front.

We're still good but not quite as good as we were.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, stringvest said:

And where was Henderson?  Nowhere as usual.

Henderson dropped in behind Trent to allow the latter to put pressure on the opponent in possession. But Henderson fell asleep and never got close enough to the opponent. He was caught out of position by a simple five yard pass. After that both him and Trent failed to put a proper effort in to recover and put on some pressure.

Several similar situations in the game from those two, most notably in the build up to the cross that Tsimikas did great to keep away from Vardy.

I love Klopp 'but' have to agree with those who say the constant bleating about too many games and not enough substitutes and all the rest of it probably feeds into the malaise the players can show in games like this. The woe is me stuff is a ready made excuse, be it consciously or subconsciously, for phoning it in.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I love Klopp 'but' have to agree with those who say the constant bleating about too many games and not enough substitutes and all the rest of it probably feeds into the malaise the players can show in games like this. The woe is me stuff is a ready made excuse, be it consciously or subconsciously, for phoning it in.

More space between games, meaning more time to train, and more subs would all improve his coaching by a lot, and when you're facing clubs with a financial advantage, you need advantages yourself. That's why he says it. It does get a bit boring though.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

And his apparent preference to work with a smaller squad. 

Still won't buy anyone in January as well. 

Was just talking with a mate about this 'points required' to win league lark.

We went and looked at the mancs totals in their era of dominance.

They won 7 of their leagues between 1993 and 2011 with totals of less than 85 pts.

1993: 84
1996: 82
1997: 75
1999: 79
2001: 80
2003: 83
2011: 80

7 titles there with pts totals that we'll probably piss this season and be lucky to get 2nd with.

Our 1990 title win saw us get 79 pts 

The ask has just become so much bigger.

55 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This is your default position every fucking game. Ive news for you, the manager doesnt agree with you overall assessment of henderson.

Anyhow: One of those games, wasnt it? We could play until tomorrow morning and we still wouldnt have scored. Leicester played like a team coming off the back of a hiding and determined not to lose again. Alehouse tactics with everyone behind the ball, throwing bodies in the way (which is their right), blatant time wasting and cheating in the second half and it's the ref's job to cut that out.

I thought Oliver was fussy all night and some of the fouls he gave leicester and not us had me scratching my head. How can a ref give one side fouls yet when they do them themselves, he waves play on. And I dont care about the head injuries shit. Yeah, if a player has clearly taken a whack on the head and is motionless on the ground, stop the game. But games are being stopped now because players are going down for the slightest touch to their head.

Getting a working stream was a bit hard so I missed the first few minutes. But from then on, apart from a couple of breakaways, I didnt think leicester troubled us. It was pretty much one way traffic towards the leicester goal and eventually, the pressure paid off when Mo was brought down in the box.

We all know the result and you began to think it wasnt going to be our night. Ive said it before but apart from putting his laces through the ball, I dont like his technique. It always seems to telegraph which way he's putting it. Schmiechel guessed the right way and it was a nice height for him. A bit higher or a bit further towards the post and even though he got hands to it, the power Mo puts in it he might not have saved it. My stream said he'd scored the last 15. That excludes the one Mo missed against Milan then, I guess?

Even then, we absolutely overran leicester for the next 15 to 20 minutes but couldnt find a way through. That's the difference between us and city. Oh, and 2 or 3 goals in the first 10 minutes or so.

2nd half waspretty much the same story until they scored. After that, leicester seemed to have a bit more belief and composure. The goal came from an inevitable breakaway. Trent cant be in 2 places at once so it bemuses me people saying where is he? Even them Matip has chance to block the ball but maybe aware he was on a yellow made him too cautious? Lesson, dont pick up a booking in the first 5 minutes.

In the league cup game, there were plenty of comments of 'Alli saves that' for each of the goals when Kelleher conceeded. Well no, he doesnt and isnt. Sorry but a keeper of Alli's class shouldnt be getting beaten on the near post like that. Some might think that's harsh but if he's a world class keeper, he needs to be making world class saves.

Once that goes in, you fear the worst. We huffed and puffed, made wrong decisions and wasted chances we should be putting away and we've dropped points to one of the teams and worse set of fans you ever wish to.

Mo still tried all 95 minutes even if the penalty miss seemed to make him less effective. Sadio, fuck me. I keep reading how well he's playing. Nope, not for me, he isnt. He's bagged some goals this season but even when he has, he hasnt looked his old self to me. Jota, nothing went for him tonight and several times teammates seemed to get in his way.

The midfield of Hendo, Fab and Ox were hardly overrun. For all the height and heading ability, neither Matip or van Dijk pose enough of a direct threat on corners. I just wish the pair of them would get their heads on more corners and test the keeper.

Is that the end of our title fight? I dont know but it's surely going to be very difficult especially as chelsea away has now become a must win. It's majorly disappointing to me the fucking EFL Cup is currently looking like our best chance to win silver right now. What a time to be alive, it's almost like the 2000's when we used to go eyeballs out to win it.

It's difficult to pick a MoTM for this game. Not because we lost but because very little came off for any of the players. I'll go with Tsimikas because his crossing was good and I dont think we missed Robbo.

Cut and pasted like a Pro.

Apostrophes!

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Was just talking with a mate about this 'points required' to win league lark.

We went and looked at the mancs totals in their era of dominance.

They won 7 of their leagues between 1993 and 2011 with totals of less than 85 pts.

1993: 84
1996: 82
1997: 75
1999: 79
2001: 80
2003: 83
2011: 80

7 titles there with pts totals that we'll probably piss this season and be lucky to get 2nd with.

Our 1990 title win saw us get 79 pts 

The ask has just become so much bigger.

The ask was bigger to win the Tour de France as well when Lance Armstrong was in his pomp.

56 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Henderson is fucking shit and has been for most of the time he's been here. The turn up in form at the back end of the 18/19 probably rescued his time here but that appears to have been short lived. He's mostly doing unnecessary PR campaigns off the field these days to raise his profile, like the last week making himself into some kind of player spokesman...EPL captains captain wtf is that about. Rather he concentrated on playing, as based on his performances this season he shouldn't be anywhere near a side hoping to achieve what we want.

And then you have Milner, the less said about him the better.

Absolute fucking pricks are out in force tonight.