You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Silly or Annoying Things Done in Films or TV

VladimirIlyich

35 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I really dislike when you watch tv and you recognise an actor/actress and wait for the end credits to see who it was and the pricks decide to chop the screen in half advertising some shit drama thats coming up and you cant read who the fuck it was.

That's a pre-IMDB post.

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Gameshows that are on for a hour, but contain about 5 minutes of gameplay with the rest of the time filled with pointless waffle.

Same as the reality type shows, just before the break "stay tuned for" and shows some of what happens after the break, then they repeat that preview and/or some of the previous bit. I reckon most of those programs actually only last at best about 5 minutes as well.

And from the same type of shows, the whole "and the winner is........................................." with a massive pause. 

I had managed to miss the majority of these things for a few years, however, as a woman currently lets me disappoint her fairly regularly I've ended up having to endure this nonsense again.

16 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

disappoint her fairly regularly I've ended up having to endure this nonsense again.

You disappoint her, so she disappoints you. That’s the foundation of marriage right there. 

Looks like you’ve found your Miss Right. 

Congratulations. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

You disappoint her, so she disappoints you. That’s the foundation of marriage right there. 

Looks like you’ve found your Miss Right. 

Congratulations. 

Marriage is unlikely, she's attractive and intelligent so I imagine it's only a matter of time before she realises what a grievous error she has made. 

Unless she genuinely does have such appalling taste in men that I am viewed as a viable candidate. Which would actually raise its own issues, as that would suggest she's very badly damaged and quite possibly mentally ill. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ocja said:

When something needs investigating they will park about 50 feet away and walk up to the car or empty building then have to run back to the car usually being killed first

Repped for waiting 3 years to make your first post and it being .... that 

On 26/06/2021 at 11:34, Trumo said:

In a busy pub or bar, you never have to wait your turn, and the bartender can hear what you're saying despite the music being turned up to 11.

And no cunt orders cocktails 

(Unless you’re watching Tom Cruise in cocktail)

• 2 months later...

If you need to get away quickly in a car that doesn't belong to you, you will either

A - find the car unlocked and the keys behind the sun visor

B - find the car unlocked and no keys but immediately know how to hotwire the thing

C - struggle to start the engine while slamming the steering wheel in desperation

On 28/06/2021 at 19:16, Carvalho Diablo said:

When detectives search a house at night they'll have their gun drawn in one hand, maybe a torch in the other. Why do they never even try to turn the lights on though?

Always four pages too late…

On 27/06/2021 at 21:02, Scottish Steve said:

People getting punched in the face & being instantly knocked unconscious. Midnight Run is a prime example, De Niro’s character goes ‘Marvin, Marvin, look out’ & then when Marvin looks away he knocks him spark out. On, like, three separate occasions. And his hand isn’t sore. So, that, & when people go to sleep their bedrooms are never dark

BA Baraccus was a massive jessie. Time and again he'd punch people in the face, as hard as he could, with a fistful of metal jewelry, and he never once drew blood.

• 8 months later...