You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Premier League - 24/4/21 - 12:30

Bjornebye

Just now, skaro said:

Klopp's a fabulous manager, truly fabulous, but the two greatest season's in our history?

I'm assuming you're working on the Murdochian calendar there.

In terms of points, absolutely. We were also up against the most outrageously, unfairly gilded team in football history.

Just now, an tha said:

All good/great teams reach an end.

This one has now.

Yep.

I’d get rid of Bobby and if top money is on offer either Mo or Mané. 

Assume Gini will be off, but we probably can’t rely on Hendo for a full season and I’d sack off Thiago, so we need another first choice CM who can attack.

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Yep.

Assume Gini will be off, but we probably can’t rely on Hendo for a full season and I’d sack off Thiago, so we need another first choice CM who can attack.

The list of players who are done, not good enough or constantly injured is endless. Total rebuild needed.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Mcmanaman hope the cunt dies, what a fucking cunt. 

A bit over the top I know, but groaning when a goal against the the team (everyone assumes you supports because you played for them) is disallowed is just beyond the pale. Is it the immortals who are negging then?! 

10 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Yep.

Probably 2 summers work (as long as owners back it) to get near to being a challenging side again.

Huge uncertainty at centre half, too many permacrocks in squad, an ageing squad profile generally and what have been key players who look done.

We are in pretty bad shape and fuck knows what kind of backing these owners are going to give without the money from being in the european cup....

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Has to be a bit at a time though. I think Mané will get back to his level. If we were offered £100M for Mo I’d take it.

You'd have to be insane to want to sell Salah right now, he's the only one who can consistently score. Mane is now a poor man's Gervinho, if someone is interested in him, you bite their hand off. 

22 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Mcmanaman hope the cunt dies, what a fucking cunt. 

A bit over the top I know, but groaning when a goal against the the team (everyone assumes you supports because you played for them) is disallowed is just beyond the pale. Is it the immortals who are negging then?! 

4 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

ESL now makes sense no way we are making top 4 with this team.Need a rebuild this summer

And miss out on the Europa League? Another season of Thursday night European matches that leads to another season of Sunday kick offs that I can't watch because of the time difference? Golden rewards.

Mind you, if we're as turd next season as we have been this one, I might be onto a winner.

Just now, Red_or_Dead said:

Over the top, yes, and we never wish ill on anyone.

He is one I'd have nowhere near my pantheon though.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A lot of this is down to the fucking owners. We could of added real quality to this team just one player or two each window but these fuckers think oh yes European champions we only need Adrian and Elliot. Now the side needs a big overhaul regardless of what some say. 

• Upvote 1

You knew this was coming with how wateful we were and as soon as Mane wasted that chance in the first half I knew we get kicked in the teeth at the end. 

Absolute shambles and nowhere near good rough this season. Ues the defence has been an issue but even with those issues we should be comfortably in the top for if not for our toothless attack. 

Our defence in 2014 was poor but our attack was good enough to finish second. Should be the case this season but its abject failure and one of the worst title defences in living memory.