You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Premier League - 24/4/21 - 12:30

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

At this point I wouldn't blame the board for sacking Klopp whether or not its the right decision. 

He's been found out, his tactics don't work anymore and he's served up the worst season ever in terms of what we could reasonably expect. Not finishing in the top four is categorically unacceptable.  He can't coach effective attacking football and he can't rely on the raw talent of our forward line anymore because it isn't there. He also doesn't seem to have the passion and drive anymore and it shows in his players. 

Thanks for all the wonderful memories, thanks for the league from the bottom of my heart, he's a great great guy but its not working anymore. 

If we stay with him we risk going back to perpetual mediocrity and we just can't have that. 

What a load of shite. 

Found out ? His tactics gave us at least six clear cut changes. Mo has scored 29 this season, took the most difficult and misses sitter after sitter. Jota missed four today. This game should have been won before half time, the fact it wasn't is nothing to do with the manager. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

At this point I wouldn't blame the board for sacking Klopp whether or not its the right decision. 

He's been found out, his tactics don't work anymore and he's served up the worst season ever in terms of what we could reasonably expect. Not finishing in the top four is categorically unacceptable.  He can't coach effective attacking football and he can't rely on the raw talent of our forward line anymore because it isn't there. He also doesn't seem to have the passion and drive anymore and it shows in his players. 

Thanks for all the wonderful memories, thanks for the league from the bottom of my heart, he's a great great guy but its not working anymore. 

If we stay with him we risk going back to perpetual mediocrity and we just can't have that. 

0CC93AAB-8EA3-4E3E-AE1A-F60B99A6E9CD.gif

• Upvote 4

Architects of our own downfall there. For the most part, there was nothing wrong with the endeavour. Just the finishing was dreadful. If an attempt was on target, it was either powderpuff or scuffed. If our player caught it sweetly, it was off target. Only Mo's goal flies in the face of that.

We got sucker-punched and then reprieved, only to fail to keep the ball and try to draw the sting out of Newcastle, and we paid for that right at the very end by not being alive to the second ball. VAR came to our rescue once (Wilson was unfortunate that he was done in by that handball rule because there's no way he could have done anything about it) but we still managed to fuck things up.

Steve Bruce bringing a team to Anfield always comes away with a point, and it's usually thanks to a scruffy equaliser following a set piece. We seldom manage to get another goal after going 1-0 up.

What on earth are we doing in training to be so dreadful with our finishing?

5 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Fuck off.

• Upvote 2

We've turned into Arsenal in the latter Wenger years, from an all conquering collosus to a bunch of complete pussies, only theres was a gradual decline, ours has happened in less than a year.

Klopp needs backing to change things.

Just now, Jennings said:

What was the Davis signing about? Was it just to appease us? We still have to play Fab out of midfield because the emergency replacement we bought isn't good enough.

It took Klopp an age to play Phillips instead he chose Willams who's shite.  Fuck knows if Davies is good enough or not but trusting Klopp to make the correct starting or sub decision with him is hoping for a miracle as it is.

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The worrying thing is we all knew it was coming, the players all knew it was coming, Newcastle all knew it was coming. Yet we did nothing whatsoever to prevent it. 

I thought the last 30 minutes from Bobby are some of the worse decision making I have ever seen. 

Firmino is beyond done is starting to get bang on my tits. He’s not alone mind.

Since Watford away last year, we've been on a downward spiral. People were saying last year that winning 15 games by 1 goal didn't matter but we hugely over achieved winning those games by the law of averages, even though we did deserve to win most of them. 

Our  front 3 scoring has dwindled over the last 18 months to half of what it was in 17/18. 

It's not the defence. Its the attack. 

If you don't put games to bed then that's what happens. We're leveling up the law of averages this season with our profligacy. 

I think this is the worst I've felt all this season. To concede after being given a fucking gift is just not acceptable. I don't know if I can do this to myself anymore this season. Time off work, rearranging your life around the game, the pits of despair and the constant worrying.

My fucking christ supporting Liverpool is hard fucking work. It really is the hope that kills you

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

That has to be the ultimate in short term thinking.

Bad season, but if that’s all it takes to dispose of a manager responsible for perhaps the two greatest seasons in our history, we’re finished as a football club unless we get the Saudis in. There’s not a single club in modern football following anything like an FSG-esque model that can boast two of the greatest league seasons ever and a European Cup.

Klopp needs unconditional backing, a City or Chelsea style budget for just one season. If that results in another fifth or sixth place finish, things would have to be reassessed, but until then it’s a ludicrous suggestion. Relative to resources, City’s decline last season was far greater, and now they’re on track for a league and European Cup double.

• Upvote 5

The composure of the forwards is an absolute disgrace. 

Everybody has been fixated on the defence all season. The defensive record isn’t even that bad.

It’s the lads up top who have let us down.

Bobby has 6 fucking goals in 43 games. That’s Diouf levels of shit. 

Mane not much better. 

• Upvote 1

That script was written after 65 minutes.

No issues at all with the substitutions. Milner was decent and we gave the ball away less with Jones in the pitch than Thiago.

The problem was that we decided to sit deep after 87 minutes and just couldn’t defend simple situations. 

Firmino should have gone off but Jota can’t complain 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

That script was written after 65 minutes.

No issues at all with the substitutions. Milner was decent and we gave the ball away less with Jones in the pitch than Thiago.

The problem was that we decided to sit deep after 87 minutes and just couldn’t defend simple situations. 

ahahah get to fuck.  He had the ball about 3 times and lost it each time.  He should be nowhere near this team.  Offered fuck all as usual and didn't even break a sweat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

He’s useless offers nothing. Waste of space keeping him as a squad player next season he’s done. 

We’d be better off using Ox or Jones in his role. They can link the play just as well. Guaranteed they’d score more than fucking 6 in 43.

4 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Bad season, but if that’s all it takes to dispose of a manager responsible for perhaps the two greatest seasons in our history, we’re finished as a football club unless we get the Saudis in. There’s not a single club in modern following anything like an FSG-esque model that can boast two of the greatest league seasons ever and a European Cup.

Klopp's a fabulous manager, truly fabulous, but the two greatest seasons in our history?  Even "perhaps"?

I'm assuming you're working on the Murdochian calendar there.

This summer we need an out and out striker like a Fowler or a Rush. I don't think I've seen a player decline like Sadio. Gone from being a shoe in for a world 11 in my opinion to barely looking premier league class.

The chances are being created. We could have been about 5 up. 

BT fucking love this more than Martin Tyler.