You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I think Tsimikas looks a fine back up for Robbo, really do not see the problem with keeping him.

If last season is a one off in relation to him picking up injury after injury when not even playing much then he might be ok....if this coming season sees a repeat then he needs bin bagging.

Our squad has too many permacrocks, eatibg up wages and taking up space adding fuck all and never there when we need them - we don't need yet another with him....so we'll see this season i suppose.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Beeb gossip column reckon that Guendouzi is available for a knock down price of around £9m.

A decent, cheap option to add some depth to the squad, particularly if Wijnaldum, Keita and Shaqiri go, with Milner being a season older and talk of AOC being wanted by West Ham? 

Nah, mate, nah. He's a trouble maker and got bombed out of arsenal for his attitude. Oh and he's shit. In my opinion.

4 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Beeb gossip column reckon that Guendouzi is available for a knock down price of around £9m.

A decent, cheap option to add some depth to the squad, particularly if Wijnaldum, Keita and Shaqiri go, with Milner being a season older and talk of AOC being wanted by West Ham? 

No. Just no.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We go through this every window. We used the money we have on Konaté and as for the rest of our activity, the club will deny we're interested in anybody until we sell people and get the money we need, and then we'll probably do something.

Yup. The idea we go big for a player is laughable unless we sell big.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw someone on Twatter saying Chelsea will reward Tuchel with £200m transfer funds for winning the Champions League. FSG rewarded Klopp with Adrian, Sepp Van Den Berg and Harvey Elliot in 2019. 

Chelsea definitely the most sane, balanced benchmark for transfer spending. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We go through this every window. We used the money we have on Konaté and as for the rest of our activity, the club will deny we're interested in anybody until we sell people and get the money we need, and then we'll probably do something.

I suspect you're right. It doesn't help us too much though as klopp believes so much in the preseason for both fitness and integration. If we're bringing in players at the end of August, I doubt they'll see much game time this side of Christmas - and we could do with players integrated in time for the AFCON. 

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

DAVE!!!

I will not only cancel any subscription to this website - I will denounce anything to do with LFC, or Boston, or doughnuts and burn my Owen jersey if there is ever a mention of Guendouzi. Ever.

You aren't keen on him then Howie? 

56 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I thought Guendouzi was half decent until Arteta bombed him out. I think midfield will definitely be an area where we'll need to pad out the squad. Wouldn't want him as a starter, but as an extra, capable body? I think he'd be alright. 

He'll be alright as an extra body only if we are allowed to play with 12 on the field... He was not good enough for arsenal who finished 8th, has questionable attitude and his biggest achievement is looking like a calamatic defender 

22 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Players like Hysai always get linked to us on a free. 18 months from now we’ll be reading about how West Ham or Arsenal are subsiding their £150k per week wages to loan them to Grenada.

Fuck off James Pearce! I've always dreamed of Albanian full backs

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I thought Guendouzi was half decent until Arteta bombed him out. I think midfield will definitely be an area where we'll need to pad out the squad. Wouldn't want him as a starter, but as an extra, capable body? I think he'd be alright. 

You’ve really let yourself down here Nelly.

12 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This. You're going to struggle to get in a top level keeper who'll be happy to play close to zero games all season. 

Most third choice keepers are either journeymen coming to the end of their careers or younger, inexperienced keepers. 

He's not going to be third choice. They are going to let Kelleher go on loan. That twat will play another ten games next year at least 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Players like Hysai always get linked to us on a free. 18 months from now we’ll be reading about how West Ham or Arsenal are subsiding their £150k per week wages to loan them to Grenada.

Funny. This is where I also file that Turkish player at AC Milan, whose name I can’t be arsed to look up, under.

16 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Supposedly he's got a release clause of about £50m. If so, and we're interested, we'd probably look to raise funds first. A few need moving on.

Would be worth the money. Premier experience and likes to have a dig from outside the box. Would be an impressive signing.