You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

7 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

I couldn't give two shits if City win something once we're no longer in contention for it. Chelsea are a different beast, I'd begrudge that lot winning an egg and spoon race.

As for it meaning absolutely nothing, that just comes across as a coping mechanism to me, City will have won 5 of the past 10 titles by the end of this season, Chelsea will have 2. Last time I checked there weren't any asterisks in the record books which denote titles won by oil clubs.

Granted, Chelsea are (historically and culturally) a more repulsive beast. 

But it's no coping mechanism to dismiss City's achievements. The coping mechanism is to accept and normalise what they're doing. Even to praise their club operation, footballing aesthetic, and values of their employees (Pep's support for Catalonian independence, Sterling's support for anti-racism, whatever).

City piss away the wealth of a subjugated nation on pure folly. They're an obscene monument to human oppression, the sporting equivalent of Ceausescu's Palace, for example... 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

Southampton losing again

Lost every league game since beating us 

Good. Didn’t mind them until the cringe-fest of their manager’s crying after beating us, coupled with them then allowing themselves to be humiliated 9-0 by the Mancs.

We could do worse than re-sign Ings though.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Good. Didn’t mind them until the cringe-fest of their manager’s crying after beating us, coupled with them then allowing themselves to be humiliated 9-0 by the Mancs.

We could do worse than re-sign Ings though.

I’m delighted Ings is doing well there he has had some injury problems recently for them though. the last thing we need is another player that picks up injuries so easily you just know if we resigned him he’d do another ACL

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I’m delighted Ings is doing well there he has had some injury problems recently for them though. the last thing we need is another player that picks up injuries so easily you just know if we resigned him he’d do another ACL

Ha, you’re probably right knowing our luck.

Just me that thinks West Brom's goal shouldn't have stood due to a foul on the defender? I'm not complaining obviously but I'd be furious if that was given against us.

Edit: Here it is:

HbU5wej.png

56 minutes ago, an tha said:

Southampton losing again

Lost every league game since beating us 

First time in their history they've lost six staight in the league apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

What a poxy weekend - hoping for West Brom, Fulham and Newcastle to get results. All sides we’ve dropped points against as well. This season is a disaster. 

Yeah but the last two weren’t too bad....A lot of times over the last 30 years we’ve had a shit season to go with the one before and the one before that.
And if you’re going to shit do it when nobody is in the ground for a full season 

5 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Granted, Chelsea are (historically and culturally) a more repulsive beast. 

But it's no coping mechanism to dismiss City's achievements. The coping mechanism is to accept and normalise what they're doing. Even to praise their club operation, footballing aesthetic, and values of their employees (Pep's support for Catalonian independence, Sterling's support for anti-racism, whatever).

City piss away the wealth of a subjugated nation on pure folly. They're an obscene monument to human oppression, the sporting equivalent of Ceausescu's Palace, for example... 

Great post.

Still, most people will normalise anything they’re told to, hence the scores of Independent Finkers who vote for whatever happens to be the latest scam detrimental to their standard of living propagated by the latest beloved posh-as-fuck mercenary who clicks his fingers and has them believing he’s a salt of the earth self-made success story.