You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

43 minutes ago, A Red said:

Starmer shouldn't resign if found guilty or not. Johnson didn't, all this bollocks will be forgotten come election time.

Disagree, I thinks he’s massively taken the high ground here and if he doesn’t receive a fine he should taunt fatty endlessly with it.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It makes him look principled, which I think and always have thought he is - the questions about him are about his ability to win elections and sell himself. If found innocent, he made it clear that he's a man of his word, he called for Johnson to go and he would if found guilty. If anything, if found innocent it'll probably do him good because it'll show the difference between the way they both acted. If found guilty... it shows that Labour did the right thing and the Tories are clinging on to power with grubby mitts. 

Yep

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Despite Johnson being the only serving prime minister ever to be punished by the police, as has the Chancellor, even though they made the rules, and ate cake, and drank booze, and joked about 'letting the bodies pile high'. 

Everyone is talking about, erm Kier Starmer. 

These aren't the droids we're looking for. 

Tremendous avatar, repped.

42 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So much for hiding. He's a man of integrity, quite clearly, which I'm sure why some don't like him and refer to him as 'Keith' or dribble on about Brittas. Fucking mongs. 

Good god 

I’ve can’t quite decide if Starmer’s operation are inept, or there really is some plotting behind his back. You may well be doing it to put pressure on Durham Police to fuck off, but you don’t go round telling the media that’s what you’re doing FFS.

53 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Despite Johnson being the only serving prime minister ever to be punished by the police, as has the Chancellor, even though they made the rules, and ate cake, and drank booze, and joked about 'letting the bodies pile high'. 

Everyone is talking about, erm Kier Starmer. 

These aren't the droids we're looking for. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ve can’t quite decide if Starmer’s operation are inept, or there really is some plotting behind his back. You may well be doing it to put pressure on Durham Police to fuck off, but you don’t go round telling the media that’s what you’re doing FFS.

Well, it implies the 'one direction' leaning is being done by the Tories. Not sure 'doing it to' put pressure on follows on from the line before, about doing it because of principles. If you were being generous, you'd say it's an indirect consequence of the actions.  

Starmer should flip this all back on the police and make a show of them.  

They didn't have a problem with it until just now...presumably via a WhatsApp message on auto-delete, which apparently is ok for a government minister send. 

I love Starmer but I think he has to go.  This fight isn't about truth v lies, it's about story telling, and he's a terrible story-teller.  Labour needs a 'school of hard knocks' orator.  Someone with the gab, but without the Oxbridge background.  

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Owen Jones parroting the same lines as the Telegraph. 

39 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, it implies the 'one direction' leaning is being done by the Tories. Not sure 'doing it to' put pressure on follows on from the line before, about doing it because of principles. If you were being generous, you'd say it's an indirect consequence of the actions.  

Er OK.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Your "A man of principle" line wouldn't sound so ridiculous if Starmer didn't go back on almost every pledge he made to win the Labour leadership.

Almost everything you type is ridiculous, Gnasher. Mostly on account of you being a dribbling fuckin' idiot. Take, for example, the nonsense in that post. 

I don’t want him to resign but he seriously needs to get a fucking grip of his own staff and then the party. 

Everyone in a locked room “you want to put up with me who will only deliver 50% of what you want or you want that cunt in power for another 5 years”? 

Anyone can argue as much as they want in private, but publicly your only fucking job is ridding the country of tory rule. 

If you can’t play by those rules then fuck off. 

• Upvote 1