You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, davelfc said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fcoping.html

The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.

I agree with that

I heard Tim Martin of Wetherspoons on Radio 2 this afternoon. Jeremy Vine read out an email from a member of Wetherspoons staff saying that the pub he works in is doing nothing at all to protect the staff or it's customers. When asked for his response to that, Tim Martin said something like "we are trying our best to incorporate the safest standards in our bars but to say that all our bars are 100% safe and no-one will transmit, this would of course not be true."

This twat belongs behind the bars of a prison cell, not the bars in the UK.

13 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

I'll repeat what I said earlier, this Tim Martin chap sounds like he has nothing but our best interests at heart. Good on him. Not like he has anything to gain from this is it?

Correct boozing in pub actually good as Tim says you will catch the virus earlier which will help when dealing with future spikes. Man actually providing a service it’s just we don’t appreciate it yet. Fundamentally Boris has not had the balls to shut his brexit mates industry down.

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

All different ones  ch78 I think, it's good watching the girls dancing to TRex etc, most of it not to good  but it sure takes me back, I'm thinking of going up the pub to get bevvied and fuck it all, but I don't think that's sensible, finding it tough to handle all this fuckin' shit, me flat is spotless  nothing left to clean

If you're feeling bad mate might be best to swerve the pub. Kick back, stick a series on, eat some food. 

Failing that open a bottle of something heavy and listen to David Gray. 

Schools are closed in my area now. Guess what. The kids are walking about in groups, wearing provocative clothes, smoking weed, riding bikes, generally treating it like a summer holiday.

This will go well.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Schools are closed in my area now. Guess what. The kids are walking about in groups, wearing provocative clothes, smoking weed, riding bikes, generally treating it like a summer holiday.

This will go well.

It was like that here, the amount of joggers in the park was crazy. Large groups of people walking about or gathering in local areas. They are now sending security teams/police about to put a stop to it. More like a ghost town today, although the last few days we had 18-20° and sunny, today it is 8° and cloudy with showers. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This will go well.

The little shits in my street have been out screaming since school closed and they will be off now for the foreseeable so no doubt they will be in the road everyday screaming, kicking balls at cars and generally being a fucking gang of little cunts. Their mums are too lazy to either keep them in for some routine and home schooling or to take them to the park. Fuming. 

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I hope the NHS is well geared up for the baby boom in 9 months. What will this generation of sprogs be known as in years to come ? Viennials ?

Coronals? Covids? Or my personal favourite - Plague Rats?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

If you're feeling bad mate might be best to swerve the pub. Kick back, stick a series on, eat some food. 

Failing that open a bottle of something heavy and listen to David Gray. 

I drink like fuck but never at home for some reason, I had good thoughts about it'll do me good, no money to waste at the bar or bookies but not so sure now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I hope the NHS is well geared up for the baby boom in 9 months. What will this generation of sprogs be known as in years to come ? Viennials ?

Isolationals. 

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This will go well.

At least they’re socially isolated from their grandparents.

I got lucky searching for the 5G thing, it was BeefStroganoff on page 99 :

On 15/03/2020 at 12:53, BeefStroganoff said:

They will do what they can, history has shown this time and time again, its just the methods that differ. Did you know, Wuhan was one of the first areas to pilot 5G? Apparently theres a lot of risk in 5G, microwaves that can affect the human body. 5G scares me more than a virus. That makes me fear fro my family and kids, as its almost certainly going to be forced into communities.

11 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

All different ones  ch78 I think, it's good watching the girls dancing to TRex etc, most of it not to good  but it sure takes me back, I'm thinking of going up the pub to get bevvied and fuck it all, but I don't think that's sensible, finding it tough to handle all this fuckin' shit, me flat is spotless  nothing left to clean

I was watching that.  Now 70’s channel.  I didn’t even know it existed.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Jhoots Pharmacy selling paracetamol (priced at 60p last week) for £6 and Calpol for £19.99. The owner is a Tory donor. Quelle surprise.

This really is bringing out the worst in people. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh sorry mate normally you're the 'conspiracy guy' 

Haha no probs, being the tinfoil that I am I do think 5G could pose risks (no idea if that's right or not though and am currently on 5G now) but I don't think it has a thing to do with this virus.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The little shits in my street have been out screaming since school closed and they will be off now for the foreseeable so no doubt they will be in the road everyday screaming, kicking balls at cars and generally being a fucking gang of little cunts. Their mums are too lazy to either keep them in for some routine and home schooling or to take them to the park. Fuming. 

Their dads have nothing to do with this...

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Their dads have nothing to do with this...

3 houses with single mums and devil spawn. One in particular has two evil little shits. I'm talking kids between the ages of 5 and 8 here.