You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I’ve been ill throughout the Christmas break, started to feel it the day after Boxing Day.

Might have been just a cold but if so was probably the worst one I’ve had in many years, completely floored me and I’m still not back to normal yet, but there has been some improvement at least.

Anyway, had a PCR kit delivered, did it straight away and sent it off,

Appears to have been lost in the post. 

Can’t track it whatsoever, so currently sat twiddling my thumbs and Isolating to be sure, with no clue if it was Covid or not

This fucking country.

Got bottles of Christmas Booze just sat there unopened, taunting me. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I’ve been ill throughout the Christmas break, started to feel it the day after Boxing Day.

Might have been just a cold but if so was probably the worst one I’ve had in many years, completely floored me and I’m still not back to normal yet, but there has been some improvement at least.

Can’t track it whatsoever, so currently sat twiddling my thumbs and Isolating to be sure, with no clue if it was Covid or not

This fucking country.

Have you got a walk in place near you mate? Might be worth trying that

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you got a walk in place near you mate? Might be worth trying that

Not really sure it’s worth it now as I’ve got two or three days left of isolation so I’m not coming into contact with anyone else….and I’m fed up of the whole bloody thing to be honest.

Would probably show as negative now, even if it even was Covid, as I finally seem to be over the worst of it. 

The one thing I do know is that when I’m better this definitely isn’t going to be a Dry January.

Cant wait to start on the WhiskeyBitch

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Not really sure it’s worth it now as I’ve got two or three days left of isolation so I’m not coming into contact with anyone else….and I’m fed up of the whole bloody thing to be honest.

Would probably show as negative now, even if it even was Covid, as I finally seem to be over the worst of it. 

The one thing I do know is that when I’m better this definitely isn’t going to be a Dry January.

Cant wait to start on the WhiskeyBitch

Just in time for the weekend. Enjoy! 

FaroffRewardingAustraliankestrel-max-1mb

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

This fucking country.

This sounds fairly similar to me mate and I’ve done lateral flows and a pcr and was negative. The pcr took 3.5 to 4 days to return the result as well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pureblood said:

I rarely post in here because, well, you know.

But just to be clear, insults are bad now yeah?  Cos you've been fairly liberal with them on that thread you don't like. 

Insults as a substitute for listening are never fine. I have, however, seen you make cunty posts and I've seen you make moronic posts, so I'll call them out for what they are and for what they say about you.

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It always staggers me that when that cunt visits a hospital they always wheel out a line of nurses, drs etc to shake his hand.

How they dont spark him out is beyond me.

They get lent on by the bosses, although half of me thinks they are worried about retaliation against the NHS if they don’t play the game.

Saw this on Twitter and it brought a smile to my face.

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They get lent on by the bosses, although half of me thinks they are worried about retaliation against the NHS if they don’t play the game.

Saw this on Twitter and it brought a smile to my face.

Yeah I'm guessing there is pressure from above but im still amazed 1 hasn't cracked and said what they Think of him.

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Apparently the Government are to announce that if you have a positive LFT  you have to register it and you won't need a confirmatory PCR according to Sky.

Yeah, they’re running out of PCR capacity and it’s going to look fucking awful when that dawns on people that despite the amount of money they have given away we can’t actually do the basics.

I only managed to get a follow up PCR yesterday after a positive lateral flow on the 30th. Website would tell me there were no available walk in appointments but they could send them to me. After filling in all the information there was suddenly none available to send either. It doesn't even save the information you have to put in each time.

Positive again so stuck here a bit longer. It's my own fault for breathing British air. 

I don't dounbt any of these quotes from clinicians, but it's been like this every winter for years. The capacity has been so tight to the demand, and a bad winter saw hospitals announcing emergency measures regularly. With the staff absences things are no doubt even harder. 

It does seem that the numbers in London are starting to fall quite rapidly, and hopefully this pattern is repeated across the country and the pressures are reduced quite quickly.

31 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, they’re running out of PCR capacity and it’s going to look fucking awful when that dawns on people that despite the amount of money they have given away we can’t actually do the basics.

You mean they’ve wasted our money again? Well, I for one am shocked I tell thee, shocked!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yep, yet another example of their mismanagement  and sheer incompetence of the whole shit show.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I can't help thinking I'm largely to blame for this. I got a PCR kit through the post, but the plastic vial of fluid was missing. I phoned up and got a second kit, which I completed and returned. Two days later, I found the vial from the first kit; I'd dropped it and it had rolled under the couch.

That's where your £37 billion went; under my couch.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't dounbt any of these quotes from clinicians, but it's been like this every winter for years. The capacity has been so tight to the demand, and a bad winter saw hospitals announcing emergency measures regularly. With the staff absences things are no doubt even harder. 

It does seem that the numbers in London are starting to fall quite rapidly, and hopefully this pattern is repeated across the country and the pressures are reduced quite quickly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a couple of weeks yet. If we get to the last week or so of January, I think we might then start to see numbers of cases tailing off.