You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The early data from South Africa seems to show there are a lot less hospitilisations with Omicron compared to Delta but those who are hospitalised exeprience just a severe issues as in other variants.  It does look like it is getting more infectious but weaker as a whole but juts like other previous Covid variants and indeed even the flu it can seemingly affect people more severley completely at random regardless of health & age.

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Some bloke in my office has gone down with it pretty badly by all accounts. Only last week he was telling me that he didnt need to be vaccinated as he's young and plays footie twice a week etc

Sure there's a German word for it....

Iceman will have a meme for this soon... 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/21/man-accused-of-chris-whitty-assault-contests-charges-in-dressing-gown

During the hearing, Chew became increasingly exasperated and insisted Whitty should be at court for the trial. “The law is that I have the right for him to come,” he told the court. “I want Chris Whitty there.”

“I suspect I know a bit more about the law than you do,” Goldspring replied, explaining that Prof Whitty does not legally have to attend court as the facts of the case had been agreed between the prosecution and defence.

But Chew responded: “You’re getting it all wrong. I’ve been in court. I’ve agreed that Chris Whitty has to be in court.

“I feel like I’m innocent. I’m answering an assault charge which I don’t think I’ve done.”

Goldspring replied: “A remarkable recovery, I might say, from where you were two minutes ago.”

Chew, however, said that he had “diagnosed coronavirus”, adding to the judge: “Are you saying corona is not real now? Feel like what you’re doing now is victimising me. You’re calling me a liar.”

Goldspring said: “Your cavalier approach to the severity of these proceedings is breathtaking.”

“What does cavalier mean?” Chew interjected.

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59749447

So self isolation reduced to 7 days. This would mean officially I could be out of quarantine in time for the match on boxing day. But it doesn't feel right to me that. 

Maybe the virus has decided to do it's bit to help out a little for christmas 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Maybe the virus has decided to do it's bit to help out a little for christmas 

It would say so. Although I was reading something the other day off my Google news feed I got half way through and then couldn't find it again, where it said delta was infectious up to day 8-9 but they have evidence that Omicron is only around 5 days if the symptoms have gone. I think I am on day 4 now, I certainly still have symptoms, but I'm going to test anyway from tomorrow, mostly out of curiosity. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It would say so. Although I was reading something the other day off my Google news feed I got half way through and then couldn't find it again, where it said delta was infectious up to day 8-9 but they have evidence that Omicron is only around 5 days if the symptoms have gone. I think I am on day 4 now, I certainly still have symptoms, but I'm going to test anyway from tomorrow, mostly out of curiosity. 

Get well soon mate 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Someone needs to start a public petition to change the name Omicron to Super AIDS, we're only going to beat this thing with humour. 

Covid should have been called 'Bat Shithouse Aids' from the beginning. Terrible planning. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59749447

So self isolation reduced to 7 days. This would mean officially I could be out of quarantine in time for the match on boxing day. But it doesn't feel right to me that. 

We live in such crazy times

This made me laugh

But not as much as this

image.png

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

We live in such crazy times

This made me laugh

But not as much as this

image.png

the 7 day isolation sounds like a good idea.

personally, when i had covid back in May, i isolated away from the family for 5 days, in that 5 days however our 2 year old daughter tested positive, so i returned home. 

clearly you cant isolate a 2 year old child, so i was back in the house, and thankfully, nobody else in the house tested positive, so going by "extremely minimal trial", you cant be contagious for your full 10 days.

once we figure out the contagious part, then in theory we could cut the isolation period down by quite a bit

My son had covid at the start of the month, my daughter tested negative with a PCR on Saturday Dec 11th when she had every symptom in the book but then positive on another PCR on Sunday just gone when she had no symptoms at all. Antigen today was negative.

Both sets of fully vaccinated grandparents are due for Christmas Dinner and I can't get my head around what's allowed and what's not. My parents both had Covid at the start of the month so I'm fairly sure they're good to go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

My son had covid at the start of the month, my daughter tested negative with a PCR on Saturday Dec 11th when she had every symptom in the book but then positive on another PCR on Sunday just gone when she had no symptoms at all. Antigen today was negative.

Both sets of fully vaccinated grandparents are due for Christmas Dinner and I can't get my head around what's allowed and what's not. My parents both had Covid at the start of the month so I'm fairly sure they're good to go.

Your son is fine. Grandparents fine.

Now that your daughter has tested positive she has to isolate from the date the symptoms started. The isolation period can be as short as 7 days as long as she tests negative on a lateral flow test on days 6 and 7. 

As long as you are vaccinated you do not have to isolate unless you show symptoms or test positive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Still the greatest clip in television history.

I wish they'd cut it off before that annoying little cunt at the end says "biddeebiddee". I'd forgotten how much that annoyed me.

Imagine having all that technology for space travel and robots and shit and they still can't get that fixed.