You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

I was in my local Tesco there too - none of the obvious stuff - hand wash, paracetamol, bog roll, pasta, beans, but also basically fuck all bread and literally zero frozen chips, not much frozen stuff at all in fact, very bare down isles with washing products too. 

I then went to my local shop on the way home to get some bread and frozen chips and they had practically everything you'd want - bog roll, pasta, etc. So I bought all the bog roll and pasta they had while I was there, just for the craic. 

The corner shop is where it's at. But don't tell anyone. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What's everyone's employers been like?

So far, we've had one email  - a cut and paste job full of generic advice - and literally not one word specific to the work we do, our policies or anything. 

Stuck up a few posters reminding people to wash their hands and left a few boxes of tissues about the place. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, maybe not the local chemist! 

25 notes, fucking robbing bastards. Anyone paying that needs to give their head a wobble. Normal soap will have exactly the same affect. Or use Vodka, cheaper and you can lick your hands after. 

41 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yep. My missus doesn't suffer from Asthma full time but when she gets a bug over winter she always ends up an a nebulizer as it goes onto her lungs. Same with the youngest lad. Plus coming up to 56 myself it means most family members are either around my age and a lot of them (especially on the in-laws side) are a lot older.  The feeling I get over here is that a lot of people are starting to take this a lot more serious than they were a week ago, plus the German Gov't, local councils are doing a shit load more than the Uk in their efforts to contain it. 

Yes, I'm 60 ,youngish one mind, but Ive  got issues myself and my bird does cleaning jobs all over the place nurseries ,bookie and offices etc and I've told her to take precautions especially the bookies with some of the minty ones that haunt them places, I wash my my hands when leaving them.

Don't know if I'm getting over worried but it's mainly for me mum but I'm taking it seriously now as it's going to get worse obviously and yes the government have been a bit slow considering what's happened in Italy for instance.

It's like the Black Death is about to strike.

• Upvote 1

Just now, easytoslip said:

Yes, I'm 60 ,youngish one mind, but Ive  got issues myself and my bird does cleaning jobs all over the place nurseries ,bookie and offices etc and I've told her to take precautions especially the bookies with some of the minty ones that haunt them places, I wash my my hands when leaving them.

Don't know if I'm getting over worried but it's mainly for me mum but I'm taking it seriously now as it's going to get worse obviously and yes the government have been a bit slow considering what's happened in Italy for instance.

Repped for having a 'bird' at 60.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

25 notes, fucking robbing bastards. Anyone paying that needs to give their head a wobble. Normal soap will have exactly the same affect. Or use Vodka, cheaper and you can lick your hands after. 

Yesterday I had to get some jabs and the nurse said soap and water is suffice 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

My missus works as a speech therapist in several kindergarten's, she's kind of putting herself at extra risk every time she walks into work. Youngest lad still at school/eldest lad works, both use public transport. Mind you, when you don't know who can be carrying the virus none of us are wise to where or not to stand, life has to go on to some degree. I'm in and out of hospital for Physio/doctors etc, probably not the best place to be either. Like I said though, life has to go on. At least I know our dog won't get it. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

My missus works as a speech therapist in several kindergarten's, she's kind of putting herself at extra risk every time she walks into work. Youngest lad still at school/eldest lad works, both use public transport. Mind you, when you don't know who can be carrying the virus none of us are wise to where or not to stand, life has to go on to some degree. I'm in and out of hospital for Physio/doctors etc, probably not the best place to be either. Like I said though, life has to go on. At least I know our dog won't get it. 

That what she says , can't just stop work, there's just no telling how or where you might cop it, grim.

9 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Where in Liverpool does your mum live? Has she got other family up here? If she needs any errands running and can't get out I'll help out if I can? 

If she isn't that near I'm sure a few others who might live closer will be happy to do a shop run or something for her if its needed. 

• Upvote 3

Bunch of cunts not closing the Schools at least.  In three weeks time when the Easter Holiday's roll around all the kids will have infected their Parents etc and the Economy will well and truly be fucked seeing as that's all they care about.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

But as I posted in the f**ty thread - the virus is not going away. 3 weeks really doesn't do much imo. The virus is already out there - realistically, these strategies would need to be in place until a vaccine is found.

Which is 12-18 months according to WHO and virologists involved since SARS.