You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cardiff (H) 27/10 Premier League

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Looks like some teams in the Premier league will accept a defeat and conserve their energies for more winnable games. Just a pity most teams do it when they play man city.

We’ll be regular benefactors too.

We need Spurs, Man United and Chelsea to take some points off City and for us to do better in those  head-to-heads. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Moreno was fine today. Harsh to blame him for that goal, I reckon. 

Robertson’s one serious upgrade though. 

Harsh? I don’t agree. That’s exactly what’s gonna happen if you have him in the team, rash, unsuccessful challenges. Of course an element of luck involved, as the touch from Van Dijk helped them, and also the fact that it was offside.

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I enjoyed that. A solid team performance. Lallana is still miles off the pace but he should only be a bench option from now on. Mo needs to stop looking like someone killed his cat. He's in a team many people would give their arms to be in. Smile FFS

I saw Mo smiling several times today, so put my head back om after that. Is it about to fall off again?

• Upvote 2

Good result although it sounds like we made a bit of heavy weather of it. Didn't watch it but have seen Caramac's goal gifs. Just a few things to add.

The first concerns match threads and text commentary on the likes of BBC and Sky, all of which I used to follow the game today (I've given up on streaming because it's too erratic). On the match threads, you get panicky posts when the opponents have the ball in our half. To read the posts, you'd think the opponents were converging on Alisson with no defenders anywhere near them. Then you see highlights or whatever and the reality was that we had 8 outfield players in our half, and the opposition had 2 players - one near the halfway line and the other about 30 yards away on the opposite flank. Match threads are ridiculous for getting a true picture of the play, in other words. As for text commentaries, what's the point of adding an update every few minutes only?

Secondly, the shitness of the officiating. Following the match thread and the 2 different commentaries, it was clear when there was something the officials had to make a decision on. Consensus suggested they got it badly wrong. Today it happened on multiple occasions, and all it does is frustrate players and coaches to the point they can get into trouble for saying or doing something. Nothing ever happens to the officials. Fortunately, it didn't matter today.

LFC fans: Mason/Friend is the shittest ref ever to cover a game at Anfield.

Stuart Atwell: Hold my beer...

Thirdly, selecting Lovren, Moreno and Lallana for today's game. That is exactly what having a squad is for. If we have trophy ambitions, we should be able to get a result against this sort of opposition in spite of selecting a weakened team. They might not play well (and it appears they didn't), but we do still need to rest the likes of Gomez, Robertson (who played 2 full games during the international break) and Shaqiri (who did likewise) from time to time, even though the latter hasn't played as much as the others for us yet. I'll trust Klopp's judgement on this.

Lastly, when Cardiff were in the PL last time, they managed to score 4 goals against us. They scored today to become the first team to get a goal against us at Anfield for donkey's years, but it was down to our own stupidity than any enterprise on their part. On the whole, we've become a very tough side to break down because goals are coming through our own sluggishness (the one at Leicester, the last minute goal at Spurs, and today) or the opponents finding a moment of brilliance (Hazard at Chelsea). In 2013/14, we were leaking like a sieve (50 goals against, and yet we went so close to the title!) but were bailed out by the brilliance of our attack.

There are plenty more positives than following a match thread or text commentary might suggest.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Good result although it sounds like we made a bit of heavy weather of it. Didn't watch it but have seen Caramac's goal gifs. Just a few things to add.

The first concerns match threads and text commentary on the likes of BBC and Sky, all of which I used to follow the game today (I've given up on streaming because it's too erratic). On the match threads, you get panicky posts when the opponents have the ball in our half. To read the posts, you'd think the opponents were converging on Alisson with no defenders anywhere near them. Then you see highlights or whatever and the reality was that we had 8 outfield players in our half, and the opposition had 2 players - one near the halfway line and the other about 30 yards away on the opposite flank. Match threads are ridiculous for getting a true picture of the play, in other words. As for text commentaries, what's the point of adding an update every few minutes only?

Secondly, the shitness of the officiating. Following the match thread and the 2 different commentaries, it was clear when there was something the officials had to make a decision on. Consensus suggested they got it badly wrong. Today it happened on multiple occasions, and all it does is frustrate players and coaches to the point they can get into trouble for saying or doing something. Nothing ever happens to the officials. Fortunately, it didn't matter today.

LFC fans: Mason/Friend is the shittest ref ever to cover a game at Anfield.

Stuart Atwell: Hold my beer...

Thirdly, selecting Lovren, Moreno and Lallana for today's game. That is exactly what having a squad is for. If we have trophy ambitions, we should be able to get a result against this sort of opposition in spite of selecting a weakened team. They might not play well (and it appears they didn't), but we do still need to rest the likes of Gomez, Robertson (who played 2 full games during the international break) and Shaqiri (who did likewise) from time to time, even though the latter hasn't played as much as the others for us yet. I'll trust Klopp's judgement on this.

Lastly, when Cardiff were in the PL last time, they managed to score 4 goals against us. They scored today to become the first team to get a goal against us at Anfield for donkey's years, but it was down to our own stupidity than any enterprise on their part. On the whole, we've become a very tough side to break down because goals are coming through our own sluggishness (the one at Leicester, the last minute goal at Spurs, and today) or the opponents finding a moment of brilliance (Hazard at Chelsea). In 2013/14, we were leaking like a sieve (50 goals against, and yet we went so close to the title!) but were bailed out by the brilliance of our attack.

There are plenty more positives than following a match thread or text commentary might suggest.

Good post. Lovren, Lallana and Moreno were just fine, don’t listen to tha haterz

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

No fucking smiles. Ffs

IMG_20181027_191325.jpg

IMG_20181027_191330.jpg

I'd completely forgive Salah for not smiling as Lallana tries to bum him.

Two goals to show there's no hard feelings. Except maybe in the shorts.

Ended well. Top of the league at least for a day. Spurs to beat City please.

Mo and Sadio coming into form, The Shaq get’s his first, but Klopp doesn’t smile - is that a German Swiss thing? 

Feel sorry for the defence - one game short of a clean sheet club record. Fuck you Lovren.

we’re going all the way people.

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

Ended well. Top of the league at least for a day. Spurs to beat City please.

Mo and Sadio coming into form, The Shaq get’s his first, but Klopp doesn’t smile - is that a German Swiss thing? 

Feel sorry for the defence - one game short of a clean sheet club record. Fuck you Lovren.

we’re going all the way people.

I noticed Klopp didn't smile after Shaqiri scored as well. Just fucking love him Jurgen, everyone else does!