Bjornebye

Mark Lawrenson

That is good news. He used to irritate me a bit but I’ve really warmed to him the past couple of years. Thought he was great at the World Cup, the idiosyncratic old curmudgeon.

The guy is fucking comedy gold.

Jesus wept. Were talking about one our respected ex players recovering from cancer not some no mark in clown shoes.

• Upvote 3

Great player for club and country. Tolerable in his own peculiar way as a pundit. Unpleasant when I met him as a child...

Good news, though

We really have been blessed with the sheer amount of truly world class players we’ve had down the years

Truly an embarrassment of riches.

Great player for club and country. Tolerable in his own peculiar way as a pundit. Unpleasant when I met him as a child...

Good news, though

Yeah, I met him in Southport when he was still playing for us, wasn’t bowled over tbh but still, what a player

I'm embarrassed when he goes on knowing that he is one of our greats. Same with Phil Thompson at times on Sky. What players though.

Pleased for him, good news. Fantastic partnership he had with Jocky, I remember him putting a last gasp tackle in on Charlie Nicholas at the kop end once, no idea how he pulled it off, looked a certain goal.

Gary Gillespie ready to step in too, amazing central defenders, all three of them.

Jesus wept. Were talking about one our respected ex players recovering from cancer not some no mark in clown shoes.

I’m not taking the piss. I genuinely like him as a commentator as I think he’s hilarious. He gets a lot of shit from our fan base because he’s made a few negative comments over the years.

Agree. Better than Jocky in my view.

Before my time but you don't hear this one too often.  Because of the nonsense Lawrence talks you reckon?  Would it have been a more popular opinion at the time...

Glad he's got the all clear, cunt of an illness that has probably affected every family in some shape or form.

Agree. Better than Jocky in my view.

Respect your opinion there fella, but I think you'll find yourself in a very small minority there buddy.

Lawrenson had the pace and the reading of the game, but for me Hansen oozed the class and the composure. Possibly the 4 elements you need most, to have a great center back pairing and we had it.