You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

I’d rather have him coming off the bench than Ings or Solanke.

Can't we just pretend we have one player called Solankings and bring them both on as one?

I'd be alright with him as a squad player but he doesn't strike me as the kind of character who'd be happy sat on the bench most weeks

If he is given his choice of junk food it might soften the blow? Him tucking into 5 big mac meals and a few mcflurrys on the bench would be gas.

Looks like Salah replaced him at Basel.

Cheers Stronts.

I remember wanting us to sign him certainly before he went to Bayern, and even while with them at one point. His star had seemed to wane by the time Stoke took him on, no doubt for the reasons mentioned, so while it was beyond us back then it feels underwhelming now.

I do think it’s significant Klopp will have watched him close-up at Bayern. He has obviously seen things he feels he can work with and improve to our benefit. Someone asked the other day what bargain basement deal from a relegation team will we pull this year, and it appears Ram Man is the answer.

My overall feelings on the ambition of a move for him depends on the context of what happens with Fékir and the goalkeeping position, I think.

Yes please.. a football player... How many times have we looked at the bench this season and there was'nt one there.

As long as his attitude is good for 12 mill its a no braiiner.

I reckon his attitude will be alright, Klopp is very big on his players having the right mentality and attitude, Klopp loves a grafter. It's unlikely that we're gonna buy him just based off looking at him play, there's probably been a few conversations between the two before Klopp is convinced that he's got a good lad and an unpolished diamond on his hands.

Next seasons Alex Oxlade Chamberlain.