You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Beast from the East

Champ

Getting on my tits this, not the weather, but the furore and the media bollocks around it. Last night we had a BBC programme on the weather, now, tonight, we have an ITV stab at it. Fuck off cunt. Its weather. Next up, an ITV special on light drizzle.

Opinionated weather forecasters telling me it’s going to be a miserable day

Miserable to who? I quite like a bit of drizzle, so stick to the facts

• Upvote 2

Boy on the news just now being interviewed in the street, "I wouldn't go out in this, it's too dangerous."

Erm, you're outside you fucking plant pot.

To be fair, when we were kids we’d both be arguing like fuck it was too bad to go to school and then be out all day building snowmen, having snowball fights and finding ways to get into trouble.

Sheffield's hills and snow don't mix well. I've quite enjoyed my 1 hour 15 minute walk to and from work for the last couple of days: wrap up well (in clothes bought for an Arctic holiday 2 months ago, timely) and stick a podcast on.

Its not all good though, the wife is stuck with 75 9-11 year olds on a school residential trip for the week and they're not sure how there going to get back tomorrow.

I was supposed to be in Leeds at the rugby tomorrow night, after a meeting but that's been cancelled, which is disappointing but helpful, as it means I can get things done. Cancelled a weekend booze up in Hull with some friends too, can't be arsed risking travel issues.

We also have some very grumpy chickens, who haven't been allowed out of the coop for 2 days.

No major problems, it's a mild inconvenience but it's been quite nice to have proper wintery weather.

To be fair, when we were kids we’d both be arguing like fuck it was too bad to go to school and then be out all day building snowmen, having snowball fights and finding ways to get into trouble.

Yup.  Build a snowman, then roam round other streets looking for other snowmen to do the "Big Daddy splash" on.  Only to come back and find your own paltry effort stomped flat in your absence.

We also have some very grumpy chickens, who haven't been allowed out of the coop for 2 days.

I'm starting to feel like one of your grumpy chickens, karl. I haven't seen my garden since Tuesday. Times like this reinforce how important getting out into the garden is to my mental wellbeing.

I am also going to have to dig the car out to get to work this evening.

Yeah, I love a bit of weather but I'm over it now

47979f2585eb05644069fb3ef6843dac.jpg

• Upvote 1