You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Beast from the East

Champ

Listening to the BBC news report from London Bridge station describing widespread cancellations and passenger anger. We must be a laughing stock across the world. And if we're not we should be

You are aware of the services that run overground to London Bridge, right?

They generally aren't the hardest to convince when it comes to shit-canning the entire timetable and leaving people stranded.  There was nearly a riot in Redhill on the weekend because they didn't even arrange buses for the paying customers they left in the cold (sorry, the "unseasonably warm if your first name is Nanuk") and that was well before any snow set in.

Listening to the BBC news report from London Bridge station describing widespread cancellations and passenger anger. We must be a laughing stock across the world. And if we're not we should be

All our local train services are cancelled, due to 'severe weather'. I've just walked down to our local Co-op. No shortages. A bit nippy but quite pleasant.

What is up with these the rail companies? Cath is right, it's a joke.

...waits for Hades to moan about capitalist bastards.

All our local train services are cancelled, due to 'severe weather'. I've just walked down to our local Co-op. No shortages. A bit nippy but quite pleasant.

What is up with these the rail companies? Cath is right, it's a joke.

...waits for Hades to moan about capitalist bastards.

They've said that signals and tracks don't cope well with the cold weather.

I mean, it's not like other countries in the world that have cold weather have trains. Do they?

Currently in Bolton and heading to Liverpool tomorrow. If the trains back down south are cancelled tomorrow and I’m stuck surrounded by gravy drinking, barm cake eating northerners someone’s going to pay.

On a serious note, parts of the midlands looked proper hardcore earlier coming up.

Some real deep snow. Frozen lakes, the lot.

I’m back home. Got all the way there and then got told that I can get off because the weather is set to get worse later. The cunts could have told me on the phone before I left. Ah well, I can do a bit of work at home and then a nice walk around the park with the dog then maybe a pint in the pub.

Fucking iffy on the roads though. Hardly anywhere is gritted or if it has been, it’s done fuck all. Felt like a rally driver going around corners. Even going in a straight line at 20mph was causing the arse end to slide about.

I’m back home. Got all the way there and then got told that I can get off because the weather is set to get worse later. The cunts could have told me on the phone before I left. Ah well, I can do a bit of work at home and then a nice walk around the park with the dog then maybe a pint in the pub.

Fucking iffy on the roads though. Hardly anywhere is gritted or if it has been, it’s done fuck all. Felt like a rally driver going around corners. Even going in a straight line at 20mph was causing the arse end to slide about.

As far as I'm concerned this is God's punishment for you going all the way to Ibiza and promising the GF pictures of tits, but getting off your cake at Ket Cove instead.
  • Upvote 4

As far as I'm concerned this is God's punishment for you going all the way to Ibiza and promising the GF pictures of tits, but getting off your cake at Ket Cove instead.

I’m now sat in a warm living room with a cup of tea, then going for a nice walk with the dog and stopping off a pub to have a pint on the way back.

I’d say he fancies me.