You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we finish in the top four?

Pureblood

Top four finish  

104 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fuck off, TK - I'm not answering that. I'm a fence-sitting fanny.

A bit early to start having a wank about Arsenal losing. They may not have improved enough to see off the PL's in-form team, but it's how they improve against shite like Everton. If they put all of the dross away then they'll still be there or there abouts.

Having a wank about it?

It's a BAD thing for us that Arsenal lost today. I mean, sure, it improves our chances of finishing ahead of them but that was all but a certainty already. Our rivals for fourth are United, Spurs, and Chelsea. One of the four of us is going to miss out, along with Arsenal. Spurs are the problem, not Arsenal.

If Spurs had lost today our odds of finishing top 4 would probably be around 95%. As it is, we went from 91% to 90%. Not a huge drop but also not a move in the direction we want. I think if we win tomorrow we'll go back up to roughly what we were at, maybe add a point or two to that.

Honestly think it is a fight between us and chelsea now.

Mancs aren't dropping out because all the dross are scared of them at the toilet and they'll do enough.

Spurs are an excellent side have been through their slump and look really strong now after a run of tough looking games.

Arsenal too much to do IMHO.

So us or Chelsea...well if Conte stays and it gets more toxic then good for us...if he gets jibbed soon and a new man comes in and gets that squad performing as they should then we could be struggling.

Any significant loss of our front 3 and we could be in real bother - you don't have Solanke and Ings as your front men in a top 4 team. Also worry about our ability with our squad to manage the extra workload that is the european games when they start up again.

It really is touch and go IMO

• 4 weeks later...

Just having a read thru this thread, if this season is a success, there’s some on here that really don’t deserve it, the hysterical fannies. Funnnee being one. Just fuck off and support Spurs you bad bell

They just strike me as not really fans of football. They don’t even know it themselves. They probably didn’t play football when they were younger and that’s where it starts. I’ve got a few mates like this. They’ve just fell into it in their late teens early twenties because it’s what everyone else does. They’re more into following the team and moaning and picking fault with things because it proves to themselves they actually know what they’re talking about. In reality they’re just revelling in defeat and being miserable whilst remaining completely clueless. Football is forever evolving and when you don’t watch other football regularly you can’t compare anything. It’s usually a massive red flag for highlighting this type of “fan.”

There’s nothing interesting in reading or them writing the same shite over and over again with a different slant on it. Football is absolutely full of cunts like this these days and it’s odd. Everything is black and white and there’s no relative understanding behind it. Klopp might not win a trophy for another 3 years but you know what if he’s got us there or thereabouts every single one of those years I’ll be happy because it’s giving us a chance.

• Upvote 1

The gap to Chelsea helps a lot. Seven points. Let’s imagine a bad scenario and we lose to Man Utd and Chelsea, but continue to match Chelsea in all other results. We have a bit of breathing room. It’s not there yet, and we must keep going, but it’s looking positive.

Hopefully we beat the Mancs and keep it going and finish second.

They just strike me as not really fans of football. They don’t even know it themselves. They probably didn’t play football when they were younger and that’s where it starts. I’ve got a few mates like this. They’ve just fell into it in their late teens early twenties because it’s what everyone else does. They’re more into following the team and moaning and picking fault with things because it proves to themselves they actually know what they’re talking about. In reality they’re just revelling in defeat and being miserable whilst remaining completely clueless. Football is forever evolving and when you don’t watch other football regularly you can’t compare anything. It’s usually a massive red flag for highlighting this type of “fan.”

There’s nothing interesting in reading or them writing the same shite over and over again with a different slant on it. Football is absolutely full of cunts like this these days and it’s odd. Everything is black and white and there’s no relative understanding behind it. Klopp might not win a trophy for another 3 years but you know what if he’s got us there or thereabouts every single one of those years I’ll be happy because it’s giving us a chance.

Two successive top four finishes is a hell of an achievement given the financial muscle of our rivals. The only thing I feel we are behind them in, footballing wise, is squad depth but that is improving too and will continue to do so with Klopp in charge.