You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Joe Gomez bossed Brazil that one time. Does that make him our best defender and the next Bobby Moore? (Don't answer that, it's rhetorical)

Joe Gomez is one of the best young defenders in the league isn’t he? And he’s not worse than Lovren, Matip or Moreno I wouldn’t have thought.

Harry Winks is a good player but there are plenty better around the same age bracket. He's only a year younger than Rabiot, Keita, Milinkovic-Savic, Goretzka, Saul but is absolutely nowhere neat these. I would also have the likes of Diawara, Bentancur, Cyprien, Torreira, Soler, Ceballos, Aouar, Bentaleb, Dahoud, Pellegrini etc... ahead of him.

Harry Winks is a good player but there are plenty better around the same age bracket. He's only a year younger than Rabiot, Keita, Milinkovic-Savic, Goretzka, Saul but is absolutely nowhere neat these. I would also have the likes of Diawara, Bentancur, Cyprien, Torreira, Soler, Ceballos, Aouar, Bentaleb, Dahoud, Pellegrini etc... ahead of him.

I don’t know if I agree with you. Winks has proven himself at the highest level e.g., CL and Premier League. Bentaleb failed miserably the last time around. The rest are still untested with the exception of Saul perhaps. I’m also a fan of Dahoud and Goretzka.. though haven’t seen enough of the former this season.

Fact that we dont bother concentrating on their throw in leads to panic defending which again leads to the injury. How did we not learn this yet, any decent team is gonna punish us.

Edit: Wrong thread obviously, but anyway the point is our midfield simply aren’t offering sufficient protection to the defence.

We're winning 3 nil, stop yapping.

Jean Michel Seri. 5 foot 5 pure dynamite. Would allow Henderson to resume his rightful position in the team.

On the fucking bench.

Someone here mentioned him earlier in the season (you?) as a potential option, I had the chance to watch him in a CL qualifier (I think) and unfortunately he looked absolute shit. I recall it being a real low quality game of football.

Weigl is class, he’s exactly like Xabi right down to the way he strikes a ball. If we could sign him and have Keita and Can/Goretka all interchanging that basically gives us a midfield that has everything. We’d have an interchangeable attack and midfield, the opposition literally wouldn’t have a clue who was popping up where. As long as one of the 3 stays central and deep at all times we’d also be solid.

Someone here mentioned him earlier in the season (you?) as a potential option, I had the chance to watch him in a CL qualifier (I think) and unfortunately he looked absolute shit. I recall it being a real low quality game of football.

But he was ever so slightly better against Brighton last weekend.