You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Funnily enough he was talking us up only last week.

PSG goalkeeper Kevin Trapp has opened the door to a future move to Liverpool.

The German admits he'd welcome working with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp in the future.

Asked about the prospect of playing for Liverpool, Trapp admitted to Sport1: "It's an amazing club with a great tradition.

"And of course, I'm a fan of the Premier League. The Reds are not without interest, they have already won many titles and Jürgen Klopp is of course a very good coach."

Trapp, who has lost his first team place at PSG to Alphonse Areola, cannot rule out leaving.

"I have not thought of possible clubs yet. However, many things can happen in football. Even if I'm not the most patient person, I have to stay cool," he added.

Bet he feels a right tit.

• Upvote 3

Do you feel as though you have been missing something for the past couple of months? That there is a gaping hole somewhere in your life? Well fear not, for Philippe Coutinho is being linked to Barcelona again. Hurrah!

According to Mundo Deportivo, Coutinho is the main part of a plan to convince Lionel Messi that he has made the right decision to stay at the Nou Camp. The Brazilian was the subject of three failed transfer bids and one failed transfer request last summer, but the Spanish side will not give up just yet

Mundo Deportivo stress to Liverpool that they ‘have a golden opportunity’ to cash in on the player, as a club will ‘hardly offer it again’. A January move is even mooted.

It is a different slant to the usual reports, insinuating more that Liverpool would be silly to turn the money down as oppose to the usual Catalan tactic of getting every former and current player to support the move. But it won’t happen in the winter. Next summer? Maybe. Maybe

Chelsea have been offered the chance to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in January… Liverpool are also linked with Aubameyang but the 28-year-old Gabon international’s brother insists he is focused on life at Dortmund

Chelsea have been offered the chance to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in January… Liverpool are also linked with Aubameyang but the 28-year-old Gabon international’s brother insists he is focused on life at Dortmund

Is there an area of West London called Dortmund ?

Do you feel as though you have been missing something for the past couple of months? That there is a gaping hole somewhere in your life? Well fear not, for Philippe Coutinho is being linked to Barcelona again. Hurrah!

According to Mundo Deportivo, Coutinho is the main part of a plan to convince Lionel Messi that he has made the right decision to stay at the Nou Camp. The Brazilian was the subject of three failed transfer bids and one failed transfer request last summer, but the Spanish side will not give up just yet

Mundo Deportivo stress to Liverpool that they ‘have a golden opportunity’ to cash in on the player, as a club will ‘hardly offer it again’. A January move is even mooted.

It is a different slant to the usual reports, insinuating more that Liverpool would be silly to turn the money down as oppose to the usual Catalan tactic of getting every former and current player to support the move. But it won’t happen in the winter. Next summer? Maybe. Maybe

I really like Barca's new tactic, and I wish we'd employ it more often.

Instead of trying the old "the player wants to come, who are you to stand in his way" thing that doesn't work any more (not just with Coutinho, it doesn't work anywhere any more), they've gone with a "play up a link to your second- or third-choice player to get the player to push for a move."

Seen links all over the internet this week between Barca and Eriksen.  Well, played, Barca, well played.  Not that I think there's a chance that they're actually after him, but it's at least somewhat crafty.  Many's the time I've wished our own recruitment people were clever enough to put out a smokescreen or two.  Instead of just announcing "van Dijk is the only option for us, and we absolutely refuse to consider anyone else" I wish they were saying "we'd like van Dijk, but Koulibaly is the real option for us and we're negotiating terms" to shady Italian papers.

According to the Beeb we're after Hegazi at West Brom. Having done a stirling job of avoiding all West Brom matches I have no idea how good he is, but the other calibre of other Africans at the club make me dream of a team of Africans, so make it so.

LFC African XI for next year:

-------------------------Aubameyang--------------------------

-------------Salah -----------Mahrez------------Mane

---------------------Keita-------------Kessie-------------------

Ghoulam-----Hegazi--------Matip----------Haven't researched enough

-------------------------------Enyeama-------------------------------

Yeah, by the time I got to defence and goalkeeper, I deffo wasn't struggling, honest.

• Upvote 2

Enyeama and Kameni are the two African goalkeepers everyone has heard of, and both are in their mid 30s now.

I have done some extensive research and it turns out they are still the two best African keepers.

Anyone seen Andre Onana play? He seemed the next most likely not to be utterly appalling.