You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Very disappointed in our window but if SSN are correct and Leicester value him at £95m I can understand us not getting involved.

95m fucking hell....prices have gone totally mad haven't they.

I suppose if we would have wanted him it would have been last summer

95m fucking hell....prices have gone totally mad haven't they.

I suppose if we would have wanted him it would have been last summer

They probably never expected City to offer that. Likely they wanted to keep Mahrez while putting a "let's see if we can swindle them" price out there just to see.

As expected, literally.

I nipped round to a friend's house on Christmas day, there was 3 Mancs there, a Villa fan, and an Australian Manc and we got onto the subject of football. "So, will Liverpool be signing anyone in the transfer window?" I was asked. My reply, "No big signings unless we sell Coutinho to fund VVD but no way will we spend big on VVD unless Coutinho is off by the end of January. No. Way".

I'm no great sage, none of us are, it was just so so predictable.

As expected, literally.

I nipped round to a friend's house on Christmas day, there was 3 Mancs there, a Villa fan, and an Australian Manc and we got onto the subject of football. "So, will Liverpool be signing anyone in the transfer window?" I was asked. My reply, "No big signings unless we sell Coutinho to fund VVD but no way will we spend big on VVD unless Coutinho is off by the end of January. No. Way".

I'm no great sage, none of us are, it was just so so predictable.

It was. However, those first 10 mins or so after we signed Virgil, just before the realisation hit, magic.

Really bizarre window from us i must say.

Coutinho and Sturridge out is fair enough. It was inevitable and in the latters case he wouldnt have got many games anyway because he cant stay fit for whatever reason.

But that we only have 3.5 players good enough for the front 3 positions is very worrying when the competition for the top 4 is so tight. Pray they stay fit.