You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I watched Keita in Leipzig's last game of the season Vs Bayern Munich and that was the clincher for me. The kid put everything into that game.

Before then I hadn't been convinced by him, considered him a bit passive, but his vigour and his determination to grab the game by the scruff of its neck, and especially his battles with Vidal, Robben and wave after wave of relentless Bayern attacks really won me over.

He's a real leader on the pitch too this kid, fast with an incredible engine, his will to win really is summat else, really steps up to be counted. Infact, in that game (which they lost 5-4), Keita actually reminded me of Stevie Gerrard !

Both Keita and VVD bring real leadership, a vital trait we've been sorely lacking in, and which has cost us any times.

Overpriced? Definitely, maybe.

The leadership analysis is sooo spot on. Just buy them!!!!

I think he's pretty good at what he does but reading on twitter Chelsea fans are pissing themselves getting £40m for him. He's not what Utd need at all, is he any better than Schneiderlin or however it's spelt? A midfield of Pogba, Felliani, Matic, Carrick and Herrera is fucking huge, they'll at least be a match for West Brom. If Pogba has a bad game they're getting zero creativity from that midfield.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't give a fuck about Lindelof but Matic is an excellent signing for them, especially as it would mean fewer minutes for Fellaini. Would have taken him here in an instant (Matic that is).

I see what you did there.. well played

I think he's pretty good at what he does but reading on twitter Chelsea fans are pissing themselves getting £40m for him. He's not what Utd need at all, is he any better than Schneiderlin or however it's spelt? A midfield of Pogba, Felliani, Matic, Carrick and Herrera is fucking huge, they'll at least be a match for West Brom. If Pogba has a bad game they're getting zero creativity from that midfield.

The others are big physically, but Herrera doesn't even have shoulders.

This is such a Meh signing for them, even Conte isn't arsed.

He's an upgrade on Carrick but doesn't free up Pogba at all. Fellaini, Herrera and Carrick all freed up Pogba, and he was still Carlton Palmer for most of the season.

With Leipzig naming a price for Keita I read that as progress. A few days ago he was definitely not for sale. Now the word is he is open to leaving, and so Leipzig have put a fee of 80M euros on his head. It's progress. Now it's a matter of negotiation. 

It would be a great window if we manage to sign both VVD and Keita. The spine will be strengthened enormously, and as has been pointed out, that's two leaders added as well. You need a bit of that. 

With Leipzig naming a price for Keita I read that as progress. A few days ago he was definitely not for sale. Now the word is he is open to leaving, and so Leipzig have put a fee of 80M euros on his head. It's progress. Now it's a matter of negotiation. 

It would be a great window if we manage to sign both VVD and Keita. The spine will be strengthened enormously, and as has been pointed out, that's two leaders added as well. You need a bit of that. 

I agree.

It will cost us an absolute fortune but I think we will get both Keita and Van Dijk.

Not really sure where people's confidence in us spending £120m+ or more on two players is coming from.

As a relevant sample, the last several transfer windows have hardly been characterised by a willingness to spend big money and the requisite nous to seal deals. Pretty much the opposite, in fact.

Not really sure where people's confidence in us spending £120m+ or more on two players is coming from.

As a relevant sample, the last several transfer windows have hardly been characterised by a willingness to spend big money and the requisite nous to seal deals. Pretty much the opposite, in fact.

yep. It's amazing really. Have we got some new super rich owners i didn't hear about...

yep. It's amazing really. Have we got some new super rich owners i didn't hear about...

We should make another approximately 60m in sales, and have only spent about 30m net in the past two seasons. Add to that the TV and Champions League money, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to spend very big this summer. 

They we're talking about 150 million being available which for a club finishing 4th in the prem and with the TV money is about right. We should be able to raise about 50 million from sales of players if not more. Spending what is required on Keita and VVD shouldn't see us bust the 150 after sales of players so why not fucking do it. Oh and we still need a left back because if Moreno is still in that squad when the season starts then we could have signed Messi, Suarez, Modric and fucking Clark Kent for all the good it would do. 

• Upvote 1

We should make another approximately 60m in sales, and have only spent about 30m net in the past two seasons. Add to that the TV and Champions League money, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to spend very big this summer.

we can afford it i know that. But since FSG have been our owners they've lowered our wage bill and had a few January transfer windows of spending literally nothing and have come nowhere near a transfer fee in the region of £60miliion for a player let alone outlay that or a similar amount on two players.

I'd love if we got the managers first choice players in. I personally can't see our current owners pay not only a record breaking transfer fee but also have to offer huge wages it goes against everything they've done since they took over.