You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Rumor on twitter that James Pearce mentioned yesterday that we've gone cold on Dahoud.

Liverpool were very keen on Dahoud last summer but Moenchengladbach didn’t want to sell. I’ve not heard him mentioned since. (James Pearce)

I’m expecting a very busy summer. I’d be very surprised if Klopp didn’t sign 5/6 players, he 100% needs to buy a top striker. (James Pearce)

Inter Milan want to tie down striker Andrea Pinamonti with a new five-year deal due to interest from Liverpool. [Corriere Dello Sport]

Liverpool were very keen on Dahoud last summer but Moenchengladbach didn’t want to sell. I’ve not heard him mentioned since. (James Pearce)

I’m expecting a very busy summer. I’d be very surprised if Klopp didn’t sign 5/6 players, he 100% needs to buy a top striker. (James Pearce)

Inter Milan want to tie down striker Andrea Pinamonti with a new five-year deal due to interest from Liverpool. [Corriere Dello Sport]

You gotta give it to them... we move on real quick after we get our heart broke. I bet we're no longer facebook friends with him.

• Upvote 1

I'm also expecting a very busy summer for Pearce.

He's now moving into the 'start rumours, watch them grow into stories then squash them once everyone forgot that I started them' business.

Truly self-sufficient business model.

For those who know the game and the players better than I do, what players are there now who we should buy? Players who, in a year's time, we will be saying, "We could have had them a year ago for £X million..." Who are these players now?

I'm only asking because it's always easier to go back a year and say, "We should have signed so and so" and we do this with the benefit of watching their big breakout season, but the truth is plenty of players also don't kick on, for whatever reason.

A while ago I was saying we should sign Breel Embolo. He moved for a price we could have matched or bettered, but then he got a bad injury! So I don't know and I'm not very good at predicting! I also suspect that had we gone for Dembele from Fulham, a lot of fans would have considered him too raw and unproven, whereas a season scoring in a Scotland seems to be bringing him to everyone's attention now, at a high price, but I'm personally unconvinced, as goals in Scotland are a bit like dog years... seven to every one, or something like that!

Anyway, I digress, but who are the sure thing (or as near as we can tell) reasonably priced players, who are going to go on to be excellent, who are yet to fully hit the big time, and thus we can now sign them at a relatively reasonable price?

I've not seen him, but hearing really good things about Ryan Sessegnon, the young LB at Fulham. Playing a lot for a 16 years old, already scoring goals and making assists, and its one of the few positions where we have no other young players coming through. Probably wouldn't be one who in a year's time we say we could have got him for £Xm as he's so young, but now is the time to get him.

• Upvote 1

Two wingers. I hope there's room for a realistic Firmino alternative as well as those wingers but I do think having another two wingers will allow us to throw Mane up top and drop Coutinho deeper so when we are playing the dog shit teams that know how to play us we can have a viable plan b. A midfield trio of Lallana, Coutinho and hopefully a proper dm if not Hendo playing off a pacey trio up front wouldn't tighten us up but would certainly be a hand full.

• Upvote 1

Cant see us paying 50k

Haven't we started refusibg to match high wages but

Dominic Solanke to leave Chelsea in the summer after club refuse to meet £50,000-a-week demands

SIMON JOHNSON Friday 17 February 2017

Chelsea’s highly-rated youth prospect Dominic Solanke will leave at the end of the season after the club ended talks over a new deal.

The Blues are refusing to be held to ransom by their highly-rated teenage striker, who has demanded a pay rise from £7,000 to £50,000 a week to stay at Stamford Bridge, as well as promises of regular football.

The 19-year-old’s contract expires in the summer, although Chelsea will be entitled to compensation worth at least £8m due to rules regarding academy-trained players leaving before the age of 24.

It is understood that Solanke, who has been at Chelsea since joining their Under-8s side, has been telling friends he is going to sign for Liverpool, although the Merseyside club claim they are not interested.

Solanke has scored 61 goals for various youth teams between 2013-15. He made his senior debut at 17 in the Champions League against Maribor in 2014 but has not played for the first team since and failed to impress on loan at Vitesse Arnhem last season. The England U-21 was included in the squad for Chelsea’s three League Cup games this season, albeit as an unused substitute, and was also on the bench for the League win over Leicester in October.

But Chelsea and Solanke’s representatives are no closer to agreeing a deal and, significantly, the player has yet to be involved in the FA Cup, where Chelsea have a fifth-round tie at Wolves tomorrow. Instead, he has been relegated to playing in the U-23s, where he has scored twice in his last three games

I've not seen him, but hearing really good things about Ryan Sessegnon, the young LB at Fulham. Playing a lot for a 16 years old, already scoring goals and making assists, and its one of the few positions where we have no other young players coming through. Probably wouldn't be one who in a year's time we say we could have got him for £Xm as he's so young, but now is the time to get him.

Thanks for the shout. Is he related to the other Sessegnon in the game?

Williams and Brandt. There's your two wingers.
Solanke. Don't know anything about him, but if highly rated young striker yet to make his way, and we have decent scouting, worth it for the tribunal fee, assuming Sturridge is off.
Keita - I'm on this bus after Ne Moe Inyas write up.
Sessegnon - if the Woolster rates him, that will do for me. Still young, but Milner going well in meantime.
Central defender? Not sure who, but a long term partner for Matip needed.
Goalkeeper? Mignolet not the answer. Haven't seen enough of Karius yet, but obviously a jittery start here in the games we've seen, though there was some good stuff too.

Well over £100M there, and depending on the question marks could go a fair bit higher again.

Sell Sakho, Sturridge, Can, Moreno, Lucas. Hard to say how much we'll get, perhaps £50M, but could be more if China come in for Sturridge.

Big summer needed.

Edit: you would have to think that Klopp will be backed in what he wants to do. So far he has started shaping the squad and giving us a clear identity, and it has all been done for a pittance. Hopefully there will be money already sitting there, plus this summer's budget to add on top.

If we qualify for the Champions League I could see us pushing the boat out to support the manager and getting the depth and quality we need to hopefully stay there.