You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) - EFL Cup, 7:45pm, 29/11/16 - Send 'em to Elland back.

Trumo

Went on a freezing weeknight, won 2-0, seem to remember Fowler scored a daisy cutter which my ma described as "jammy" when we got home.  I'm not sure if I'm mixing this up with Villa away on an equally cold night with Collymore scoring a belter free kick. 

Wasn't that Fowler goal the one he did a nice bit of skill past Staunton and then rifled it in bottom corner from about 20/25 yards?

Fuck sake, I can't remember anything.

Wasn't that Fowler goal the one he did a nice bit of skill past Staunton and then rifled it in bottom corner from about 20/25 yards?

Not sure who he skinned but yeah, I remember remember it pea-rolling in and everyone going mental.  Villa was that then? 

*edit* fuck off that's 20 years ago AAARRRGGGHHH and he freekick wasnt as good as 13 year old me remembers and it wasn't a pea roller

The fuck Leeds game am I thinking of then??

Not sure who he skinned but yeah, I remember remember it pea-rolling in and everyone going mental.  Villa was that then? 

*edit* fuck off that's 20 years ago AAARRRGGGHHH

Robbie's goal against Villa when he skinned Stan was not jammy in any sense of the word.

On a separate tack I am surprised William Hill's are offering 10's on Leeds & 5's on the draw with no real idea of how weak our side is likely to be, but knowing they will be full strength.

Not sure who he skinned but yeah, I remember remember it pea-rolling in and everyone going mental. Villa was that then?

*edit* fuck off that's 20 years ago AAARRRGGGHHH and he freekick wasnt as good as 13 year old me remembers and it wasn't a pea roller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGh4Kk_CP9Y

The fuck Leeds game am I thinking of then??

My first game was at Elland road. We won 2-1 i think and Fowler scored them both. It was probably mid 90s.

The pea-roller was at Villa Park, I think.

Let us not discuss Villa park Jules.  But you are right.  Think that Villa one was meant to be boxing day but it was called off due to ice on the stands,  We found out when we got to Birmingham. Looking at the head to heads it must've been the one Riedle scored in.  

Robbie's goal against Villa when he skinned Stan was not jammy in any sense of the word.

On a separate tack I am surprised William Hill's are offering 10's on Leeds & 5's on the draw with no real idea of how weak our side is likely to be, but knowing they will be full strength.

But me ma said it was because it said so on Granada tonight.  The Free Kick was jammy like and I recalled it being a top corner 45 yarder too as opposed to Bosnich just jumping out the way of it because he was beaked up to fuck. 

Play as strong a side as possible. The Bournemouth game is on Sunday, that's plenty of time to recover from this. A few changes for freshness and necessity due to injuries maybe. 

Migs

Clyne

Lovren

Matip

Moreno

Henderson

Grujic

Wijnaldum

Mane

Origi

Ejaria

Cant see Firmino being risked and we are a bit thin up front right now.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Rest everyone bar Origi and Wij. We can't afford anymore injuries going into such a hectic period. 

Our next 6 league games will decide if we're really in a title chase or if CL is our best bet. Either way, a few more injuries and things won't look quite so rosy. 

You can't wrap them in cotton wool though mate. You can easily pick up injuries in training and in some cases day to day normal stuff. 

We obviously don't need to play a fully strength team and can rest a few key players, but why shouldn't we play a next to fully strength team? Play the game and let them rest and just do light training until Friday. If we are 2 or 3 up we can then rest another 3. 

Trophies...something we have seen very little of in the last 10 years.

We can't afford to turn our noses up at one of the three we are competing for.

Strong a side as possible, please...this modern day bullshit of resting players for a game on Sunday etc...fuck it right off.

We aren't even in Europe - so no excuse.

1984 Treble winning side had League Cup Replays to contend with and we went as strong as more or less every game...why can't fitter, better trained players do same now?

We went to a 2nd replay with Fulham in round 3 in 1983/4 season...games where on 8th, 22nd and 29th Nov...

Team for that 2nd replay?

Grobbelaar

Neal

Kennedy

Nicol

Lawrenson

Hansen

Johnston

Lee

Rush

Robinson

Souness

Dalglish played in 1st game and replay in only change across 3 ties Johnston played in 2nd replay....

• Upvote 1

So that'd be:

Mignolet

TAA  Lucas  Klavan  Moreno

Stewart

Can  Ejaria

Mane  Origi  Wijnaldum

presumably.

Looks interesting, change the back 6 but the front 5 are close to the strongest available.  Maybe a chance to get Wijnaldum some time in the front 3 and see how he looks there to help plan for Coutinho's absence.

The one thing I would say is that I just wonder if Klopp isn't a bit disappointed in Grujic so far overall.  Would have thought this was a nailed-on start for him.