You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

You want people on £35k a year to pay an extra £500 a year? Fucking hell. £35k is not a lot of money you know, really it isnt, maybe if you live with your mum but if you've got a family to support its not. Target the £100k +

Just out of interest, where do you pay your tax and at what rate?

No, no I don't. Apologies if it read as if that was what I was suggesting. It was simply a figure plucked from thin air. It was more that someone on such a figure would consider a saving of £500 a good enough incentive to allow lots of people to literally die because they haven't got enough money to eat, have shelter, etc.

£35k is more than average, but I agree with you re attemping to live in the UK if you have a family etc. 

I wouldn't actually make anyone on less than about £200k pa pay any more tax. You wouldn't need to. 

Spain (Andalusia specificially, and the region can make a slight difference as tax is split between state and regional), and at about 20%. My pay fluctuates a bit due to the nature of my contract (which is actually fine by me, if I want a month of doing very little I can, etc). The biggest bastard is pay can be late (I still haven't been paid for August's work, for example). Cost of living is obviously considerably cheaper and, between me and missus (earns a bit more than me) we live ok on what would be considered a relative pittance in the UK.

No, no I don't. Apologies if it read as if that was what I was suggesting. It was simply a figure plucked from thin air. £35k is considerably more than average, but I agree with you re attemping to live in the UK if you have a family etc. 

I wouldn't make anyone on less than about £200k pa pay any more tax. You wouldn't need to. 

Spain (Andalusia specificially, and the region can make a slight difference as tax is split between state and regional), and at about 20%. My pay fluctuates a bit due to the nature of my contract (which is actually fine by me, if I want a month of doing very little I can, etc. The biggest bastard is pay can be late (I still haven't been paid for August's work, for example). Cost of living is obviously considerably cheaper and,between me and missus (earns a bit more than me) we live ok on what would be considered a relative pittance in the UK.

To be fair to you, labour were looking at a minimum of £80k which i think is ok. I guess income is only relevant when compared to the cost of living

From the little i have read/heard the new boundries make it far easier for the tories to win power.

Right. So that's not the same as fixing elections, is it.

A constituency like North West Cambridgeshire has 90,000 voters, Arfon has 41,000, but they both send a single MP to Westminster. I wouldn't characterise moves to make constituencies more equal in size as "fixing elections".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A constituency like North West Cambridgeshire has 90,000 voters, Arfon has 41,000, but they both send a single MP to Westminster. I wouldn't characterise moves to make constituencies more equal in size as "fixing elections".

If the tories were worried about fairness they’d bring in PR.

• Upvote 1

It's more the reducing  MPs by 50 which will significantly affect Labour over the Tories

I just can't possibly understand people that know that this shit is going on and can still vote for them. It's fucking horrendous. The section of society that actually benefit from their policies dwindles by the day. Even the classic power base of army, police, etc, are getting stiffed by them now.

Take a look at the fake Nike vouchers some evil little fuck on 4chan has been sending out.

They have been targeting supporters of the Kapernick campaign, the voucher contains a QR code that tells the person scanning it (say in the Nike shop) that it’s a hold up:

“This is a ROBBERY, move slowly and put all the LARGE bills in the shoebox OR everyone DIES”

The little bastards are hoping to get some innocent punter shot for trying to use a discount coupon.

The internet has enabled too many of these fucking viruses to cross breed ideas.

Sorry, possibly wrong thread, but on phone and this was the first right wing fuck but related thread I saw.

• Upvote 1

How about the one the Lib Dems promised?

You had a referendum on AV (the only concession we've ever been able to squeeze out of Labour or the Tories) and used it as a referendum on Nick Clegg. Don't blame me.

Not to worry, I'm sure arch democrat Jeremy Corbyn will look to introduce PR as soon as he gets into power.

You had a referendum on AV (the only concession we've ever been able to squeeze out of Labour or the Tories) and used it as a referendum on Nick Clegg. Don't blame me.

Not to worry, I'm sure arch democrat Jeremy Corbyn will look to introduce PR as soon as he gets into power.

Lib Dems promised their voters a night with Scarlett Johannsen and then allowed the Tories to fob them off with a hand-job behind a skip from Lisa Riley. All for a chance to sit next to the people in power.

As you probably know, Corbyn argues against PR, because he thinks it weakens the link between MPs and their constituents; so I'm not sure your attempted whataboutery applies here. Better luck next time.