You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 Manchester United 0 (Oct 17 2016)

tlw content

manunitedreport1.jpg

Well he got what he wanted, the over-rated, game spoiling shithouse. I suppose it’s a compliment of sorts that such an expensively assembled team comes to Anfield and plays like a League Two underdog in the FA Cup, but it’s frustrating how we frequently don’t seem to be able to find the answers when confronted with a packed ten man defence. That said, I’d much rather be in our shoes than theirs. He’s turning them into a massively more expensive version of West Brom.

He Mourinho’d the shit out of this game, particularly in the second half. At the time I didn’t think they were overly negative in the first half but in retrospect that was probably only because we were so bad. We kept giving the ball to them but looking back, it’s pretty clear they didn’t really want it or have any idea what to do with it. Think about the amount of times we misplaced passes or mis-controlled the ball in midfield and presented it to them, and then think about what they did with it. 

Karius didn’t have to make a single save of note all night, and given how unconvincing he looked once again I can’t believe they didn’t try to exploit that more. A better team, or even a lesser team with the merest hint of attacking ambition, might have capitalised because we were pretty terrible for the opening half an hour. 

Fortunately we were up against the most negative manager in the league. Maybe in any league actually. Let him celebrate his point and be lauded for his “tactical masterclass”. If people want to kiss his arse for turning the world's richest club into plucky underdogs that’s fine, I don’t care because it’s not me who has to watch that style of football every week. His rampant shithousery is United's problem, not ours.

I’m not pissed off at United’s approach to the game because I expected it. They played like that because we’re better than them. They know it, we know it, everybody knows it. That maybe says more about how bang average they are than it does about us being anything special, but whatever way you want to look at it, right now we’re a better team than United which is why they’re made up with their point.

If they want to come to Anfield and shithouse their way to a 0-0, that’s their business. Of course I’d have liked us to have played better and won the game, but it’s not easy to play against a packed defence and once we got over that lacklustre opening half hour I thought we played ok after that. I also feel we’d have won the game fairly comfortably if we hadn’t had to completely reshuffle our usual midfield. You saw the difference when Lallana came on, and had Wijnaldum also been available we’d have been fine I reckon.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

• Upvote 1

Whatever Fergie was and did he always tried to go toe to toe , fight fire with fire when he came to Anfield with his teams; often coming out on top in the prem league . Respect where it's due .

Unlike shitcoat with his park the bus tactics, time wasting and boring the shit out of everybody style football . The way he set his team out you would of thought it was a 1st leg and not a 90 minute game . No shame in losing tramp but for Gods sake have a go man . You've got the worlds most expensive player in your team..

So looked forward to watching the game last night between 2 heavyweights of the English game and all we got was a damp squib . I'm sure Sky were delighted after all the hype and build up .

Shame we couldn't of nicked a goal last night and got the 3 points but at least we'll know what to expect on Saturday now . Up the REDS !!!!!!!!

Tony Pulis with hundreds of millions of pounds behind him that's all he is. His tactics are the tactics fear. The stats said they had one shot on target but I don't remember that at all, I think a league two side would be more adventurous than him and his team. God I hate him.

Zlatan had weak shot saved easily if i remember. 

every Newspaper hailing Maureen as the genius... I just dont get it... its a compliment as to how far we've come under klopp if sticking 6 men in defence and keeping us quiet is genius.

We all expected a shitfest.. didnt we and its what united served up, im just disappointed we didnt nick it. We look lazy without Lallana.  

Next time we play a Mourinho side at Anfield, the entire crowd should be massively booing from the second their first throw-in or other set piece get taken. With all the fouling they do, kicking the ball away and playacting the game rhythm is massively disrupted. The referees don't seem to be onto it at all (3 minutes time added on, and 10 seconds for that late sub that virtually took a minute), we better make sure they are. Same story as the Chelsea game a couple of years ago. Can't believe the refs aren't instructed by the PL to get things going a bit quicker, it's not in anyone's interest to have games where over half the time is spent with the ball out of play. You couldn't have made a worse marketing campaign for the PL than that game last night if you had tried.

He may have won a few trophies, but one of the few good things Parry & Co did was overlooking the boring one.

I'm happy enough with the point, and I'm happy enough that Mourinho is getting credit for not losing to us. Back in the not so long ago day that scoreline would have been LFC getting patted on the head for withstanding a passing hurricane.

It was a better result for them than us in the same way that 0:0 at home to WBA or Palace, or 1:1 at home to Stoke would be.

Credit to Mourinho, he did exactly what everyone expected and we let him. Bus parking and shithousery are valid football tactics, it is up to superior sides to overcome that and we didn't. They deserved a point for being able to frustrate.

The referees don't seem to be onto it at all (3 minutes time added on, and 10 seconds for that late sub that virtually took a minute),

10 seconds? Kinell.

I was wondering how much over the 3 minutes stoppage time the ref played, because the Young substitution took forever. As I said in the report, Taylor should have just sent him off and told the sub to sit the fuck down.

10 seconds? Kinell.

I was wondering how much over the 3 minutes stoppage time the ref played, because the Young substitution took forever. As I said in the report, Taylor should have just sent him off and told the sub to sit the fuck down.

I thought he blew his whistle right on the 3 minutes .

Imagine if the boot was on the other foot and us doing that during Fergies tenure and the ref blowing for full time right on the 93rd minute after our substitution took ages in injury time. He would of blown a fuse and we would still be playing now.

Thought Klopp was a little bit soft there in not saying anything. Maybe he was as bored as us after Shitcoats approach to the game that he just wanted to go home like the rest of us .

There were 5 substitutions and the trainers were on for Milner & Rashford, so 3 minutes was laughable in the first place. Not sure we'd have done too much with an extra couple of minutes, but that's not the point. Agree with Dave's point about the failure to book any of theirs until nearly half time, at least three of them should have seen yellow by then.