You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (A), 12:30pm, 01/10/16 - Rumble in The Mumbles

Trumo

On the contrary, I enjoy having my opinions challenged on here, otherwise why bother? - and off here I change my mind and opinion frequently on all sorts of things.  I do like to see some evidence to support a view though.  

Coutinho has scored 16 goals in his last 50 games (last season and this), Firmino 15 in 57. Quite clearly not 1 in 10 players, or players that 1 in 30 of their shots go in (even if I accept you weren't being entirely literal, your statements are still wildly inaccurate/misrepresentative).

I don't think anyone believes either player is world class, but they are considerably better players than you give them credit for.

This season Lallana is finally producing some end product having been somewhere between bang average and fucking terrible for the previous two seasons. Yet, you were quite happy with his performances last season, citing his work rate. Kuyt, however, is a player who had the work rate but also had far more consistent end product than Lallana, but you didn't rate him. Neither do you rate Henderson, a player who has/had all them same negative traits/attributes as Lallana. Cowardly in possession, fucked about too much, spends many games essentially just jogging around watching, etc. 

Nothing wrong with having favourite players, we all have them. We all have more tolerance and leeway for certain players. I know Henderson is playing slightly better than I accept, and it doesn't help that I watch several games with someone else who also doesn't rate him. Similarly, I don't think you can argue that you're being objective about the Brazilians. 

• Upvote 2

Coutinho has scored 16 goals in his last 50 games (last season and this), Firmino 15 in 57. Quite clearly not 1 in 10 players, or players that 1 in 30 of their shots go in (even if I accept you weren't being entirely literal, your statements are still wildly inaccurate/misrepresentative).

I don't think anyone believes either player is world class, but they are considerably better players than you give them credit for.

This season Lallana is finally producing some end product having been somewhere between bang average and fucking terrible for the previous two seasons. Yet, you were quite happy with his performances last season, citing his work rate. Kuyt, however, is a player who had the work rate but also had far more consistent end product than Lallana, but you didn't rate him. Neither do you rate Henderson, a player who has/had all them same negative traits/attributes as Lallana. Cowardly in possession, fucked about too much, spends many games essentially just jogging around watching, etc. 

Nothing wrong with having favourite players, we all have them. We all have more tolerance and leeway for certain players. I know Henderson is playing slightly better than I accept, and it doesn't help that I watch several games with someone else who also doesn't rate him. Similarly, I don't think you can argue that you're being objective about the Brazilians. 

I love you as a poster J, but with the utmost respect I'm not to about to be chided for my lack of objectivity by you.

Haven't noticed the post from whoever it is who starts every post match chat with

'just got in from the game'

- was it too far today?

- still travelling home?

- have you finally realised it's not a medal of honour, and no one is arsed if you have been or not?

• Downvote 2

Haven't noticed the post from whoever it is who starts every post match chat with

- was it too far today?

- still travelling home?

- have you finally realised it's not a medal of honour, and no one is arsed if you have been or not?

Xeres

I reckon Mignolet has got a little voodoo doll with perfect hair which he jiggles back and forth whenever the ball comes near our goal mouth. Either that or we haven't got an absolutely top class goal keeping coach, I can't decide.

- was it too far today?

- still travelling home?

Your a fine one to to go on about a medal of honour given your remarks on the Manc thread. You should have a 'worlds biggest tit' medal.

• Upvote 1

- was it too far today?

- still travelling home?

Maca's desperate for someone to spill his pint tonight!

• Upvote 1

Only just seen the penalty. Holy hell that's a soft one. It's like the penalties Chelsea used to get.

Can't agree with you, Stronts.  "Bundled over" is the phrase that perfectly describes the action.

He's all arms and elbows that centre half.

As mentioned by a few posters,that cunt at old Trafford will use elbows and the pony tailed swede to pepper karius with crosses and long balls. Karius will only learn by playing but is there a call to play Mignolet against them?

No.

Because Mignolet is as bad as as Karius in some respects and worse than him in all others.